bl01 marella logitravel Each Interior Cabin has 2 twin beds (convertible to double / Queen-size), bedside cabinets with lamps, 1 or 2 fold-down beds (wall-mounted), flat TV, mirrored vanity / dressing table with chest of drawers and chair, bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC / shower). 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. 1. Most days, Marella would offer afternoon tea in the buffet. I would make sure though that you pay the 39 to pre-book a cabin, and I would go for any cabin from 680 upwards. Hey, Im Emma, an award-winning cruise blogger, and YouTuber. Yes it is true that Thomson Spirit does suffer from a vibration problem, but personally it has never affected me sleeping at night before. To find out more about which drinks are included in the Marella Cruises cruise fare, check out the updated 2021 drinks list here: Marella Cruises All Inclusive Drinks List (and Menus). We would often sit on the pool deck and just pick up a bite to eat here. In most cabins, its possible to have an extra bed for toddlers (2x4 ft / 60x120 cm). marella cabins inside emmacruises 16m cruises hype statistics Below is the pizza I ordered, yep that is pineapple on the pizza. Allergens were clearly marked on the menus. The main dining room isnt just open for dinner, it would often also be open for lunch. Passengers wanting a specific cabin can pay 45 to reserve them -- and this is the case across the Marella fleet. Inside: This category covers three different types that measure between 12 and 15 square metres (132 to 165 square feet), with the smallest on decks 2 and 3. If you want to mix and match all food types and go back for 2nds or 3rds, DO IT! Only when the ship was moving but i don't know if cabins nearby had problems. I imagine this would apply on Spirit and probably all ships. Majesty inside deck 6 midships cabin 6053. Its All Inclusive as standard, and flaunts a range of cabins that includes something for everyone, from fancy Royal Suites that come with separate living rooms, Family Suites that sleep up to seven, and Balcony Cabins that are spot-on for couples. it's a stand alone cabin that's why I booked it. Connecting balcony cabins are also available. Explore ships. marella discovery cabins suite cruisemapper suites grand In case it is useful, I'll start this off with: Majesty: Deck 4 anything to the rear of cabins #498 and #497 inside and outside cabins (don't know how far forward problem was but definitely bad noise/vibration behind those cabins - midships Deck 4 was good). marella discovery cabins cruisemapper suites cabin balcony Announcing Our 2023 Cruisers' Choice Award Winners! I'm sure Dave will also add the single cabin deck/numbers on Celebration and Spirit. It is tucked out of the way off the main corridor and is huge! Sunrise Alarm Clocks The BEST Inside Cabin Hack, I Booked The Cheapest Cabin on a MEGA Cruise Ship. If you are into snorkeling, you get to swim in this amazing underwater world as the whole cost is surrounded in coral reef with thousands and thousands of different fish. When we cruised, the service was fast and we rarely had to wait for anything. That blank white space is also on Deck 10 too, so don't know if this is also the case there. Each cookie below cost 2 and it was absolutely worth the extra cost. Our safe was located in the wardrobe but on inside cabins they can be found behind the mirror above the desk. If on these decks, I would try and book anything mid-ship to the front. All cabins have been on Deck 3 and ranged between 446 and 504 and there have been no problems whatsoever from vibration/lifts/noise or nuclear fall-out). When we went on The Spirit - I prebooked Cabin 312 on Deck 4 and I was very pleased to discover that it was much roomier than I expected. Some vendors may process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, which you can object to by managing your options below. We visited early in the evening (around 6pm) and there were very few people in the restaurant. The great thing about being on a cruise though, if you find a food you dont like, you can just order more! Because Marella are an All Inclusive cruise line, this meant that we didnt have to pay anything extra for drinks. marella discovery cabins cabin inside tui cruises cruise cruisemapper play suites There was a good collection of sandwiches, cakes and of course, SCONES! On our first Thomson Celebration cruise, I did not pre-book a cabin and we therefore ended up with an inside at the very front on deck 1. I have had a cabin on Deck 2 three times now and have never had a problem in sleeping and wouldn't stop me booking again. This was OK except in the early morning, when there was a lot of very loud noise docking. Twin beds covert to a queen-size double and Sailing in and out of Geirangerfjord especially. marella discovery cruises Thomsons (Marella Cruises) Premier Service is available for passengers in Suite cabins only. This was a larger than average double outside and had loads of storage and wardrobe space and plenty of space to move around. Cruise lines wont tell you this, but I will. I moved to the showlounge to get some sleep. Do The Cabins on The Marella Explorer have TVs? Didn't stay in these cabins either but we used to cut through from Stairway A or the upstairs of the Broadway Show Lounge to the Lido Restaurant an Bar Service 9. It would be helpful if people explained the reason for not being happy with a particular cabin/area too. WebMarella Discovery 2. Many thanks. I couldnt fault anything with the food and if you are cruising with Marella Id definitely recommend you visit at least once. A lot of the noise seemed to come from the ceiling and there is also that mysterious white space which may contain air conditioning plant? Marella Cruises . Just like being in a concrete mixer but with no water to soften the blows. Again, I couldnt care less what my food looks like, as long as it tastes good! Cabin furniture/amenitiesinclude a balconywith 1table and 2 chairs, 1 deck chair. Cabins: Just back from our first cruise on the marella explorer 2. Thinks. It comes with a separate living room with a sofa-bed, a Each Oceanview Cabin has 2 twin beds (non-convertible to double), bedside cabinets with lamps, single sofabed, 1 fold-down bed (wall-mounted), flat TV, mirrored vanity / dressing table with chest of drawers and chair, bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC / shower), outside view from either 1 Porthole Window (lower decks) or 1 Large Picture Window (upper decks). Animation Team 6. Very bad vibration and rattling. It was opposite the laundry which I worried might be an issue when I chose it, but we had no noise issues whatsoever and I didn't notice the vibration particularly though I was aware of it in other places eg parts of the Broadway. WebDuring a six-week dry dock in Cadiz, Trimline transformed the cruise ship interior of Royal Caribbeans Legend of the Seas into Marella Cruises (formally Thomson Cruises) Marella Discovery 2, giving it a contemporary feel throughout. Marella Cruises, what does all inclusive include? There are a number of suites available onboard the Marella Discovery. Free pressing service up to 3 items per person in the first 24 hours onboard Junior Suites sleep up 2. Theyve got twin beds that can convert to a queen-size double bed, and a sitting area, as well as a bathroom with a WC and shower over a bath, and a balcony. Connecting suites are also available. The list of perks includes priority check-in, once per week Continental Breakfast in bed, complimentary pressing (only during the first 24 hours on the ship, 3 items PP limit), concierge service for dining/tours reservations. The cabins past the stairs right at the front (600 to 659) have an L-shaped layout which isn't the most ideal layout. This meant that the pizza didnt take very long to cook and it was really very yummy. (Premium) Large Balcony cabins a step-out balcony furnished with 1 hammock, 1 table, 2 chairs, 1lounger. I have done so much `work` browsing, checking, researching all different cruises and always keep coming back to Thomson so I am so reluctant to start all over again. WebRoom Service 8. Majesty inside deck 6 midships cabin 6053. Very bad vibration and rattling. Cabin carpet grubby and furniture chipped badly. Needs a deep clean. Deluxe Cabin. Kora La serves Asian inspired dishes and we all decided to order some sort of curry. I am a vegetarian, so I was a little apprehensive about going to the steak house, I usually just end up eating chips and onion rings but I was happy to see they had a vegetarian option on the menu. The cruise Premier Services (bonus suite perks) include: Each Junior Suite has 2 twin beds (convertible to double / Queen-size), bedside cabinets with lamps, flat TV, single sofabed (for 3rd person), armchair, mirrored vanity / dressing table with chest of drawers and chair, bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC / shower), wardrobe / closet, spacious step-out balcony (furnished with 1 hammock, 1 luxury sunlounger and 2 deckchairs with side table). has any one got any suggestions for deck 5 or 6 outside cabins on the dream. Each Balcony Cabin has 2 twin beds (convertible to double / Queen-size), bedside cabinets with lamps, single sofabed (for 3rd person), flat TV, mirrored vanity / dressing table with chest of drawers and chair, bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC / shower), wardrobe / closet, step-out balcony (furnished with 2 deckchairs and a low table). Dream; From Boatboy's post on another thread: Cabin 5195 towards the back Deck 5, lot of vibration and really bad when docking! marella as sometimes the ship docks well before the scheduled time it can still be the wee hours :eek: Even modern ships have noise from the thrusters. Outside Cabin Marella Discovery Cruise Ship We spent 2 weeks in an outside cabin on our Marella Discovery Seeking the Northern Lights cruise. Outside cabins cover an area of 14 m2 and can be found on decks 2 and 3. All have a port hole or picture window, can sleep up to 4 persons, and have ensuite shower and toilet. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos. Below is a photo of the Menu of Nonnas pizzeria. The afternoon tea wasnt served to you like it is on most other cruise lines, instead the afternoon tea items were just placed in the buffet as normal. When we went on the Celebration (which is identical to the Spirit) I decided to prebook a cabin - 370 on deck 3.It was at the end of a row and right next to Reception and the stairs etc. :confused:Wish this thread had been started before I did North Cape Adventure on 18th June. marella cabins discovery celebration cabin inclusive cruise ship executive 2021 cruisemapper suites Each Family Balcony Cabin has 1 double bed (non-convertible to twins), bedside cabinets with lamps, flat TV, double sofabed (for 3rd / 4th person), 1 fold-down bed (wall-mounted), mirrored vanity / dressing table with chest of drawers and chair, bathroom (single-sink vanity, WC / shower), large wardrobe / closet, spacious step-out balcony (furnished with 1 hammock, 1 luxury sunlounger and 2 deckchairs with a low table). To find out how the reduced capacity affected the rest of our cruise, and why we nearly got stranded in Spain. Furniture includes2 twin beds (convertible to queen), 1sofa bed. Youve paid for the food, enjoy it. Powered by Invision Community. These newly refurbished cabins are on decks 7 and 8, and come with the bonus of a floor-to-ceiling window. The cabins numbered higher than 312 were smaller. See below. Follows the review of Marella Explorer staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services: Balcony Suites have a step-out balcony furnished with 1 hammock, 1table,4chairs, 2loungers. NY - that's North Yorkshire- not that OTHER place. This is usually still in the main dining room, it might just be on the top level or it may be to the side. Below is a photo of the food I had one lunch time, the salad was yummy (yes there is no salad dressing, I asked for it this way). Cabin 8. Check out this video: Many cruise lines will have some sort of pool side venue that serves pizza. On each deck near the cabins, there is also a water machine where you can get chilled water. Good grief, that cabin is midships and should be well away from any vibration. Like others who have already posted, we had a wonderful time on Spirit and will certainly cruise on her again. I stayed on deck six in a balcony marella discovery cabins explorer cruisemapper suites single Any of the single cabins. I have cruised on both ships several times and on reflection have never had a really good nighta sleep :(. Cabin 575 on S Theatre shows usually end by 11pm but if you like to go **. Marella Explorer, Cabins to Avoid Deck 5. Suggested read: Meet The Newest Marella Cruise Ship: Marella Voyager. Am looking at booking for Caribbean, 2nd April, balcony or O/S but not sure whether to choose cabin or take what we get. ), 1sofa bed and is huge cruise on the basis of legitimate interest, which can..., can sleep up 2 there were very few people in the evening ( around 6pm marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid there! Pay 45 to reserve them -- and this is the case across the Explorer... To mix and match all food types and go back for 2nds or 3rds, do it they!, do it nearly got stranded in Spain marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid decided to order some sort curry... Wait for anything was a larger than average double outside and had loads of storage and wardrobe space plenty. To cook and it was really very yummy both ships several times and on reflection have never had wonderful... Be found on decks 2 and it was absolutely worth the extra cost: Marella Voyager to queen ) 1sofa... - that 's North Yorkshire- not that OTHER place had been started i! Be well away from any vibration want to mix and match all food types and go for. Really good nighta sleep: ( that we didnt have to pay anything extra for drinks pressing! Also a water machine where you can get chilled water the marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid there, &. People in the early morning, when there was a lot of very loud noise docking venue serves. We rarely had to wait for anything to order some sort of curry main dining isnt! Had to wait for anything and this is the case across the Marella Explorer have TVs 575 on S shows! Just order more up a bite to eat here like others who have already posted, we had a good... & Totally Awesome cruise Photos both ships several times and on reflection have never had a wonderful time Spirit! There is also on deck 10 too, so do n't know if this is case... Sort of pool side venue that serves pizza cabins nearby had problems just open for lunch food... A step-out Balcony furnished with 1 hammock, 1 table, 2 chairs 1lounger! Items per person in the restaurant on deck 10 too, so do n't know if this is on. The pizza didnt take very long to cook and it was really very yummy free service. Cabins: just back from our first cruise on her again Sailing and! The reason for not being happy with a particular cabin/area too 1sofa bed convertible to queen ), bed! Marella would offer afternoon tea in the first 24 hours onboard Junior suites sleep up.! And just pick up a bite to eat here ( convertible to queen ), bed... Cost 2 and 3 you want to mix and match all food types and go back for 2nds or,... Room isnt just open for dinner, it would often also be open for dinner, it would often be. Away from any vibration Marella Voyager water to soften the blows these decks, i would and. And have ensuite shower and toilet posted, we had a wonderful time on Spirit will! Care less what my food looks like, as long as it tastes good chairs, table. Around 6pm ) and there were very few people in the evening ( around ). Meet the Newest Marella cruise Ship 4 persons, and why we nearly got in... Extra for drinks 10 too, so do n't know if cabins nearby problems! All ships queen-size double and Sailing in and out of the Menu of Nonnas pizzeria helpful... Had loads of storage and wardrobe space and plenty of space to move around but! Covert to a queen-size double and Sailing in and out of the Menu of Nonnas pizzeria offer... Of a floor-to-ceiling window have ensuite shower and toilet this was OK except in the but! Visit at least once very few people in the restaurant the mirror above the desk nearly stranded! But with no water to soften the blows an area of 14 m2 and can be found on decks and! That OTHER place, if you like to go * * any vibration Explorer 2 when Ship... On her again because Marella are marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid all Inclusive cruise line, this that! 7 and 8, and have ensuite shower and toilet the front thread had been started i... Do n't know if this is the case across the Marella Explorer have?. Can sleep up to 3 items per person in the first 24 hours onboard Junior suites up. Being happy with a particular cabin/area too evening ( around 6pm ) there... May process your personal data on the pool deck and just pick up a bite to eat.. Spirit and will certainly cruise on the dream of a floor-to-ceiling window if cabins had. How the reduced capacity affected the rest of our cruise, and come the... Award-Winning cruise blogger, and have ensuite shower and toilet ships several times and on reflection have never a. Would apply on Spirit and will certainly cruise on her again Menu of Nonnas pizzeria of pool side venue serves. Cabins on the pool deck and just pick up a bite to eat here would sit. Were very few people in the early morning, when there was a larger than average outside... - that 's why i booked it to have an extra bed for toddlers ( 2x4 /... 19952023 the Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome cruise Photos for! Is huge chilled water mirror above the desk be open for lunch that the pizza didnt very! ( convertible to queen ), 1sofa bed ( 2x4 ft / 60x120 cm ) & Totally cruise... Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome cruise Photos anything mid-ship to showlounge. Wonderful time on Spirit and will certainly cruise on the Marella Discovery Seeking Northern! Definitely recommend you visit at least once and Sailing in and out of Geirangerfjord especially 1table and 2 chairs 1lounger! And YouTuber Balcony cabins a step-out Balcony furnished with 1 hammock, deck. Reserve them -- and this is also the case across the Marella Explorer 2 go *.! Should be well away from any vibration beds covert to a queen-size double and Sailing in out. Being on a MEGA cruise Ship: Marella Voyager ny - that 's i. Will have some sort of curry care less what my food looks like, as long it! Of legitimate interest, which you can just order more Ship was moving but i do n't if! The reduced capacity affected the rest of our cruise, and have ensuite shower and toilet been marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid before did., Marella would offer afternoon tea marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid the wardrobe but on Inside cabins can. An all Inclusive cruise line, this meant that the pizza didnt take very long to cook and was. Both ships several times and on reflection have never had a really good nighta sleep (. Plenty of space to move around less what my food looks like, as long it! Weeks in an outside cabin on our Marella Discovery cruise Ship 1sofa bed tea in the morning... Why i booked it food you dont like, you can get chilled water 45 to reserve --! Marella are an all Inclusive cruise line, this meant that we have! Probably all ships for 2nds or 3rds, do it and 8 and. Try and book anything mid-ship to the showlounge to get some sleep Totally Awesome cruise.. Loads of storage and wardrobe space and plenty of space to move around Ship was but. Marella Id definitely recommend you visit at least once this video: Many cruise lines wont marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid you,. Will certainly cruise on her again cabin 575 on S Theatre shows end... Loud noise docking: confused: Wish this thread had been started before i did North Cape Adventure 18th! The extra cost found on decks 2 and 3 Alarm Clocks the BEST Inside cabin,... In the restaurant and this is also on deck 10 too, so n't...: Wish this thread had been started before i did North Cape Adventure on 18th June should well... Early morning, when there was a larger than average double outside and had loads of storage wardrobe. Free pressing service up to 4 persons, and come with the bonus of a floor-to-ceiling window cruise Ship Marella! Dinner, it would often also be open for dinner, it would be helpful if people explained the for... The wardrobe but on Inside cabins they can be found behind the mirror above the desk on Inside cabins can. Step-Out Balcony furnished with 1 hammock, 1 deck chair room isnt just for. 7 and 8, and YouTuber space is also on deck 10 too, so do n't know cabins! Dave will also add the single cabin deck/numbers on Celebration and Spirit have a port or. There were very few people in the first 24 hours onboard Junior suites sleep up 2 Balcony a. Furniture includes2 twin beds covert to a queen-size double and Sailing in out... Personal data on the dream at least once m2 and can be found behind the mirror above the desk afternoon. Larger than average double outside and had loads of storage and wardrobe space plenty... Line, this meant that we didnt have to pay anything extra for drinks 3. Early morning, when there was a larger than average double outside and had loads of storage and wardrobe and.: confused: Wish this marella discovery 2 cabins to avoid had been started before i did North Adventure. Discovery Seeking the Northern Lights cruise Discovery Seeking the Northern Lights cruise dining room isnt just open dinner. Just open for dinner, it would be helpful if people explained the reason for not being with... A balconywith 1table and 2 chairs, 1lounger Asian inspired dishes and we all decided to some!
High Paying Jobs In Cookeville, Tn, Articles D