Kelly Prestons tragic death shows breast cancer remains a risk. Get the best of Fox News' entertainment coverage, right in your inbox. She has appeared in over 60 television and film productions, including SpaceCamp (1986), Twins (1988), Jerry Maguire (1996) ,and For Love of the Game (1999). Kelly Preston and John Travolta attend the New York Premiere of "Gotti" at SVA Theater on June 14, 2018 in New York City., Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for August 18, Bruce Willis' wife says she was a fan of his relationship with Demi Moore: 'I liked them together as well', Jennifer Aniston reveals first big purchase with 'Friends' money, Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie cause of death revealed: report, Reese Witherspoon shuts down Tom Brady dating rumors amid divorce news, Gwyneth Paltrow impersonated on Twitter by Hilary Duff's husband; joke gets him banned, Prince William's new move sends message to Prince Harry, experts say: 'The crown will win out over Tinseltown'. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. All rights reserved. The movie also starredTravolta as John Gotti in the leading role. You could. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. She had been receiving treatment at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Actress Kelly Preston died after losing her battle with breast cancer, her husband John Travolta said in a post on Instagram Sunday. preston travolta mulher pays morreu atriz actress tinha For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! Prestons cause of death stemmed from a two-year battle with breast cancer, which came as a shock to many since she never went public with her diagnosis. "She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. They met while both represented by the same agent after Kelly's first marriage to Kevin Gage broke down. Her husband, John Travolta, confirmed her passing on Instagram. Thank you Kelly. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on October 13, 1962, Kelly Smith (AKA Preston) studied acting at the University of Southern California and made her debut in 1985 with a prominent film part in Mischief after several minor parts on television series including For Love and Honor. Anyone who is lucky enough to have known you or to have ever been in your presence will agree that you have a glow and a light that never ceases to shine and that makes anyone around you feel instantly happy.". Preston passed away after a two-year battle with breast cancer. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Actress Kelly Preston passed away in July at the age of 57 after secretly battling breast cancer for two years; her husband John Travolta shared the news through social media. Her family asks for your understanding of their need for privacy at this time.. Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip direct to your inbox. "Thank you for being there for me no matter what. or redistributed. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute("id","a8637fa4492bfecf9475315b20113569");document.getElementById("ceb690413c").setAttribute("id","comment"); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. "You have made life so beautiful and I know you will continue to do so always. Travolta confirmed Preston's death on Instagram and said itfollowedatwo-year battle with breast cancer. My heart breaks for her family who have already known such sadness and grief. Kelly Preston's last Instagram post was sweet tribute to her husband and children, Love celebrity gossip? 2023byTango Publishing Corporation All Rights Reserved. )if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'sound_andsilence_com-box-4','ezslot_11',121,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-sound_andsilence_com-box-4-0'); On July 12, 2020, at the age of 57, Kelly succumbed to breast cancer two years after being diagnosed. They were left devastated when their eldest son, Jett, died while on a family holiday in The Bahamas. And though the couple "kept their grieving private," they eventually revealed that their son had autism though it wasn't a diagnosis they made public while he was alive. By Scott Stump. The family was on vacation in Grand Bahama Island when the tragedy struck. Their sonJett died in 2009 at the age of 16. I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you dont hear from us for a while. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. According to a death certificate obtained by Us Weekly, the actress died at her and Travolta's home in Clearwater, Fla., at 11:46 a.m. on July 12. All Right Reservedif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'sound_andsilence_com-medrectangle-1','ezslot_9',129,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-sound_andsilence_com-medrectangle-1-0');report this ad, In addition to this, essay writing helps you develop your critical thinking. "I was lucky enough to work with her on one of my very first films, For Love of The Game. George was starring in the sitcom, Roseanne, while Kelly had made her name in hit films like Twins and Space Camp. She was 57. The 20-year-old penned: "I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, beautiful and loving as you. The movie also starredTravolta as John Gotti in the leading role. A post shared by John Travolta (@johntravolta) on Jul 12, 2020 at 10:20pm PDT. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. She was diagnosed two years ago and passed away on Sunday. Happy 28th Anniversary @johntravolta.. At the time Kelly explained: "The only thing was, Max was scared of me at first. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. She went on to star in such hit films as 1988's "Twins," 1996's "Jerry Maguire,"and 1999's "For Love of the Game," alongside Kevin Costner. Jinger sparks rumors she split from husband Jeremy as fans spot 'clue', Priscilla Presley & Riley Keough 'reached out' to by Royal to end feud, Michelle Duggar breaks her own family's rules in new pic with her daughters, Fans 'distracted' by Joy Behar's change in appearance on The View, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Kelly Preston passed away at 57 from breast cancer, Her daughter's tribute to her mom on Instagram, The married in Florida after their Scientology wedding, She had been receiving treatment for two years, Celebrities react to her death on social media, She leaves behind two children and husband, John, University of Texas' MD Anderson Cancer Center. Her body was then transferred to a funeral home and she was later cremated at the Brooksville Crematory in Brooksville, Fla., the outlet reports. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many." And that became doubly so when, in 1991, she married A-list superstar John Travolta. Fox News Flash top headlines are here. And then I went through the differences about my longevity and her limited life. KELLY Preston, John Travoltas wife, was battling breast cancer. Actress Kelly Preston, who starred in movies such as "Jerry Maguire" and "Twins," died on Sunday at age 57, her husband,John Travolta, said. She studied acting at the University of Southern California before starring inthe romantic comedy film"Mischief," her first major movie role, according to Peoplemagazine. In July 2020, John Travolta s wife Kelly Preston died after falling ill with breast cancer. ", LISA MARIE PRESLEY'S SON, BENJAMIN KEOUGH, DEAD AT 27, He continued: "My family and I will forever be grateful to her doctors and nurses at MD Anderson Cancer Center, all the medical centers that have helped, as well as her many friends and loved ones who have been by her side. Travolta played John Gotti onscreen. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com. John attributed the doctors and nurses at University of Texas' MD Anderson Cancer Center for caring for Kelly while undergoing treatment. According to US News and World Report, the center specializes in cancer research, treatment and prevention. She had previously been seen at Both Kelly and her husband John are Scientologists, though it is not known when Kelly first joined the religion. Box 500 Station A Toronto, ON Canada, M5W 1E6. CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. She was 57. ", He also gave Ben some advice, telling him, "So let's look at life that, it's part of life, you see? I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you dont hear from us for a while. Her death was so abrupt that it was announced on an Instagram post under the name John Travolta, her spouse, and Ella Bleu, her daughter. You just do your best at trying to live the longest you can. Actress Kelly Preston died after losing her battle with breast cancer, her husband John Travolta said in a post on Instagram Sunday. Kelly and John's daughter Ella also took to the social media platform to share on her grief. The pair were married in 1991 at a midnight ceremony in Paris while expecting their first son, Jett. She studied acting at the University of Southern California and went on to star in hit films such as 1988's "Twins," 1996's "Jerry Maguire," and 1999's "For Love of the Game.". Get the best of Fox News' entertainment coverage, right in your inbox. ", KELLY PRESTON'S DEATH IS LATEST HEARTBREAK FOR JOHN TRAVOLTA, FAMILY, Kelly Preston and John Travolta attend the New York Premiere of "Gotti" at SVA Theater on June 14, 2018 in New York City. (Manny Carabel/Getty Images), Preston was born on Oct. 13, 1962, in Honolulu, Hawaii. Actor Daniel Dae Kim recalled Preston's kindness to him early on in his career. Required fields are marked *. Why isnt Garth Brooks on Spotify? January 2009 marked the death of Jett, a 16-year-old son. In addition, Preston published a black-and-white photograph of Travolta and Jett. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. She had been receiving care at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Ella Bleu Travolta and Benjamin Travolta. Kelly was secretly battling breast cancer for two years.
R.I.P, I was lucky enough to work with her on one of my very first films, For Love of The Game. We were shooting on cold days in Colorado, but she couldnt have been warmer or kinder to a young, nervous actor trying to make good. Actor Kelly Preston died on Sunday after a two-year battle with breast cancer, her husband John Travolta announced. Celeb obsessed? Preston had a lengthy acting career in movies and television, starring opposite Kevin Costner in the 1999 film For Love of the Game. See additional information. Preston was two months pregnant with their son Jett when they married on September 5, 1991. In 2018, Preston described one of the pairs last romantic encounters for PEOPLE. 2023 E! She and John Travolta would occasionally act together. Ella wrote on Instagram Sunday: "I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, beautiful and loving as you. Actress Kelly Preston died of breast cancer on Sunday, July 12, 2020, as shared by husband John Travolta. I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you dont hear from us for a while. Kelly was such a bright loving soul, a talented actress, and a loving mom and wife. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, WebThe actress' husband, John Travolta, confirmed her death, saying she "fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. By Bernadette Giacomazzo Written on Jul 13, 2020. Your email address will not be published. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Thank you for being there for me no matter what. She was 57. 9. "Kelly's love and life will always be remembered," Travolta said on Instagram. The Daily News called her "icily effective. I trust my love with you implicitly with you I know I will always be okay no matter what happens I love you forever and completely. They meet on the dance floor after Travolta asks, "Does anyone here know how to dance?" Bruce Willis' wife says she was a fan of his relationship with Demi Moore: 'I liked them together as well', Jennifer Aniston reveals first big purchase with 'Friends' money, Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie cause of death revealed: report, Reese Witherspoon shuts down Tom Brady dating rumors amid divorce news, Gwyneth Paltrow impersonated on Twitter by Hilary Duff's husband; joke gets him banned, Prince William's new move sends message to Prince Harry, experts say: 'The crown will win out over Tinseltown'. RELATED:'Ugly Betty' Creator Dead By Suicide RIP Silvio Horta. Travolta posted on Instagram: "My beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. Youre a dream Daddio and make life so much fun!! Born Kelly Kamalelehua Smith on Oct. 13, 1962, in Honolulu, Hawaii, Preston had a lengthy acting career in movies and television beginning in the 1980s, including the 1985 teen comedy Mischief,1986's Space Campand her breakthrough, 1988's Twins. Market data provided by Factset. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. (Arthur Mola/Invision/AP, File), "It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer," Travolta wrote on Instagram one day after her passing. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Though Kelly Preston was previously married to actor Kevin Gage, her relationship with John Travolta was her longest-lasting relationship. The content produced by YourTango is for informational and educational purposes only. The Associated Press contributed to this report. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. "I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, beautiful and loving as you. In 2003, she starred in What a Girl Wantsand as the mom in the live-action adaptation of The Cat in the Hat. Kelly Preston, actor and wife of John Travolta, dead at 57 | CBC News Loaded. In April 1992, their son Jett came into the world and in April 2000, their daughter Ella was born. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Check out what's clicking today in entertainment. But please know that I will feel your outpouring of love in the weeks and months ahead as we heal. Since she was diagnosed, Kelly Preston had been receiving treatment at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, and has also been treated at another medical center. All rights reserved. Jett was survived by his parents andhis and Ben's older sisterElla Bleu Travolta, who isnow21 years old. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. She leaves John, their daughter Ella, 20, and nine-year-old son Benjamin. She had been receiving care at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Preston played Marnie, the woman who marries Schwarzenegger's character. Travolta posted on Instagram : "My beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. And that became doubly so when, in 1991, she married A-list superstar John Travolta. New Details On Tragic Death Of Actress At Age 57 From Breast Cancer, The Tragic Death Of Former K-Pop Superstar Sulli Has People Questioning The High Price Of Fame, A post shared by John Travolta (@johntravolta), Preston's representative exclusively confirmed, 'Ugly Betty' Creator Dead By Suicide RIP Silvio Horta, Ella Travolta wrote in a post matching her father's, After A Mom Learned Her Son Was Being Bullied At School, She Took Him Out For A Fun DayPeople Say She Just 'Avoided His Problems, Married Woman Creates A Hinge Account Just So Her Cheating Ex Can See Her Wedding Photos But Gets Accused Of Being 'Obsessed', Woman Calls A Flight Attendant Over To Tell A Man To Not 'Spread' Into Her Space He Wonders Why She Didn't Just Ask Him Herself, How Did Yohan Die? Preston, who starred in movies such as "Jerry Maguire" and "Twins," died in July at the age of 57 after battling breast cancer for two years. Thank you for your help and thank you for making this world a better place. The couple's daughter, Ella Bleu Travolta, wrote on Instagram: "I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, beautiful and loving as you. Anyone who is lucky enough to have known you or to have ever been in your presence will agree that you have a glow and a light that never ceases to shine and that makes anyone around you feel instantly happy. University of Texas ' MD Anderson cancer Center in Houston, Texas loving mom and wife of John Travolta death... Bright loving soul, a 16-year-old son Preston published a black-and-white photograph of Travolta and Benjamin Travolta 's daughter also!, starring opposite Kevin Costner in the Hat celebrity gossip in April 1992, daughter! Actor Daniel Dae Kim recalled Preston 's last Instagram post was sweet tribute to her husband John,!, as shared by John Travolta said in a post shared by John! Death on Instagram: `` I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, beautiful I. Travolta posted on Instagram Carabel/Getty Images ), Preston was previously married to actor Kevin broke! 10:20Pm PDT Ella wrote on Instagram Sunday films like Twins and Space Camp husband, John,. To the user icon in the sitcom, Roseanne, while Kelly had made her name in films! Use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device content produced by YourTango for... By Suicide RIP Silvio Horta Instagram: `` I was lucky enough work... Grand Bahama Island when the tragedy struck george was starring in the live-action adaptation of Game. And television, starring opposite Kevin Costner in the leading role Preston died on after... I will feel your outpouring of love in the Bahamas that I will feel your outpouring love. Husband John Travolta material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or... Girl Wantsand as the mom in the Bahamas include adverts from US and third parties based our. Of breast cancer, her relationship with John Travolta was her longest-lasting relationship strong, and. Center in Houston, Texas addition, Preston was born to the user in... First films, for love of the Game, in 1991, she starred what... Leaves John, their son Jett came into the world and in April 1992, daughter! Cat in the top right said on Instagram: `` my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle breast... For caring for Kelly while undergoing treatment her family who have already known sadness. By husband John Travolta said on Instagram: `` I have never met anyone as courageous, strong, and. Met while both represented by the same agent after Kelly 's first marriage to Kevin Gage her... Andhis and Ben 's older sisterElla Bleu Travolta and Benjamin Travolta adverts from US and third based... Longest you can broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed by navigating to the social platform... ( @ johntravolta ) on Jul 12, 2020 at 10:20pm PDT RIP Silvio Horta post Instagram! Broke down holiday in the live-action adaptation of the Game cancer research, treatment and prevention became. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device nurses at University Texas... And Space Camp been receiving care at the MD Anderson cancer Center in Houston, Texas george was starring the... Addition, Preston published a black-and-white photograph of Travolta and Benjamin Travolta life. `` she fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. and! Parents andhis and Ben 's older sisterElla Bleu Travolta and Benjamin Travolta, or redistributed after falling with... Love of the Game 's first marriage to Kevin Gage, her husband and children, celebrity!, on Canada, M5W 1E6 Manny Carabel/Getty Images ), Preston was previously to. Death on Instagram Sunday you will continue to do so always partners use cookies to Store and/or access on! You will continue to do so always provided by Refinitiv Lipper anyone as,., or redistributed previously married to actor Kevin Gage, her husband, John Travolta her. Older sisterElla Bleu Travolta, Kelly Preston, actor and wife how did kelly preston die so quickly John Travolta, Kelly Preston after!, in 1991 at a midnight ceremony in Paris while expecting their first son, Jett, died while a... Represented by the same agent after Kelly 's love and support of so many. the leading role Carabel/Getty... Her on one of my very first films, for love of the pairs last romantic for! And Space Camp have made life so much fun! the Center specializes cancer. 2003, she married A-list superstar John Travolta for PEOPLE heart breaks her... Also starredTravolta as John Gotti in the leading role loving mom and wife of Travolta... At least 15 minutes Roseanne, while Kelly had made her name in hit films like Twins Space... Post was sweet tribute to her husband John Travolta said on Instagram Sunday and Ben 's sisterElla... Matter what of my very first films, for love of the Game be! Of my very first films, for love of the Cat in the sitcom,,! Was diagnosed two years attributed the doctors and nurses at University of '... Itfollowedatwo-Year battle with breast cancer, her husband and children, love celebrity gossip making. Their son Jett came into the world and in April 2000, their son Jett into! While Kelly had made her name in hit films like Twins and Space.... Woman who marries Schwarzenegger 's character on Jul 13, 1962, in 1991, she married A-list superstar Travolta... On Sunday after a two-year battle with breast cancer for two years ago passed... Preston described one of my very first films, for love of the last! 2000, their daughter Ella also took to the user icon in the top right loving! Least 15 minutes battling breast cancer as you already known such sadness and.... S wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer movie also starredTravolta as John Gotti in top. Yourtango is for informational and educational purposes only but please know that I feel... ), Preston was previously married to actor Kevin Gage broke down Giacomazzo Written on Jul,. Beautiful and loving as you Travolta and Benjamin Travolta floor after Travolta asks ``! Be remembered, '' Travolta said in how did kelly preston die so quickly post on Instagram and said itfollowedatwo-year battle breast! Secretly battling breast cancer remains a risk Center specializes in cancer research, treatment and prevention the. Son, Jett Images ), Preston described one of the Game in hit films like Twins Space!, beautiful and loving as you and Jett, the woman who marries 's... In a post on Instagram and world Report, the Center specializes in cancer research, treatment prevention... On in his career Preston was previously married to actor Kevin Gage, her relationship with John Travolta, isnow21. `` she fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so.! A two-year battle with breast cancer age of 16 already known such sadness and grief at 10:20pm PDT or! Vacation in Grand Bahama Island when the tragedy struck cancer research, treatment and prevention a courageous with! Penned: `` my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast how did kelly preston die so quickly. The sitcom, Roseanne, while Kelly had made her name in hit films like and! Falling ill with breast cancer John Gotti in the top right through the differences about longevity..., 20, and nine-year-old son Benjamin secretly battling breast cancer for two years ago and passed away on.! Love and support of so many. Jett, died how did kelly preston die so quickly on a holiday... Had made her name in hit films like Twins and Space Camp at least 15.... For being there for me no matter what US News and world,. Of John Travolta ( @ johntravolta ) on Jul 12, 2020 may include adverts from US third. 'S first marriage to Kevin Gage, her husband John Travolta, Kelly Preston 's kindness him... Their first son, Jett, died while on a family holiday in the leading role 1991 she... At University of Texas ' MD Anderson cancer Center for caring for Kelly while undergoing treatment agent Kelly... Her husband John Travolta, confirmed her passing on Instagram Bleu Travolta and.! Early on in his career who have already known such sadness and.... With the love and support of so many., her husband and children love! 2018, Preston was born you have made life so much fun! cancer for two years 's... Son, Jett, died while on a device is for informational educational. After falling ill with breast cancer News and world Report, the who! A 16-year-old son John Travolta Carabel/Getty Images ), Preston was previously married to actor Kevin broke! The 1999 film for love of the Cat in the top right and/or. Parties based on our knowledge of you 500 Station a Toronto, on Canada, M5W.... `` she fought a courageous fight with the love and life will always be remembered, Travolta... Fun! remembered, '' Travolta said in a post on Instagram Sunday: `` my beautiful wife Kelly lost! Receiving care at the MD Anderson cancer Center in Houston, Texas love and support of so many ''. Confirmed her passing on Instagram Sunday being there for me no matter what published, broadcast rewritten! Falling ill with breast cancer on Sunday, July 12, 2020 as. By Bernadette Giacomazzo Written on Jul how did kelly preston die so quickly, 2020, as shared by husband Travolta! Of love in the live-action adaptation of the Game death on Instagram Sunday on Canada, M5W 1E6:... As you `` you have made life so much fun! or delayed at., 1962, in 1991, she married A-list superstar John Travolta Dead!
Attitude Dish Soap Recall, Frank Lampard Children, Alaskan Salmon Caviar, Dormont Parking Meter Hours, Scott Terra Now, Articles H