Alora is a girl's name meaning "the Lord is my light". Meaning: A female child that was born in the absence of her father. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. This name means the Lord is my light. As for the Jewish name Alora it actually has two meanings, many only associate Alora with the with the words "God" and "light" but in reality the other meaning of Alora is "counselor of divine light." Alora feels like a hybrid name -- part authentic, part synthetic -- maybe because it is. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. It is a beautiful sounding name, but not a modern one! It originally comes from the name Eleanor, which is Greek. Name Number: 2 Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace Similar to Alora . The history and meani… Comment: No Jewish, Irish, or Latin origination in this name. Name Alora Categories. Comment: My daughter is an Alora and I named her after a Bantu woman I met in Uganda. It's pretty, but isn't Laura prettier? The name Alora has been around for a long, long time. Allora name meaning, Australian baby Girl name Allora meaning,etymology, history, presonality details. My mom liked it better with an 'A' therefore she spells it different. Meaning of Alora Alora is a name for girls. There is another name it also comes from "Eluaroa" (which I do not believe I have spelt quiet correctly) but it's meaning roughly translated is "Odd Rose" which is Latin. The lovely site, my favorite actually, does not have a definite page on this name. .. Bantu language (Botswana). Bolatito. (The Greek try to take all the credit for the "invention" of the name Alora for the mere fact that very little evidence exists, proving that the Latin language also had a part to play in creating the name). Comment: The name Alora is actually from Greek, Latin, and Jewish. Aderiyike. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. Something which is not commonly acknowledged or regarded as value. Alora is the #718 ranked female name by popularity. We come from a hebrew background and my name literally translates "God is Light". Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Alora and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Beautiful, unique name. The name Alora is in the following categories: African Names, American Names. This name is my own! The song titled 'Alora' by Meron talks about a girl named Alora who was his first love. Pretty! African baby names (which include Muslim, Christian, Jewish and Arabic names) are beautiful, exotic, and full of meaning—think Barack (Swahili for "blessing") or Aaliyah (meaning "to rise up"). The origin can be either Irish, Latin, or Jewish. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Alora and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it looks and sounds. It has nothing to do with the term God. Plus discover thousands of other boy and girl baby names. Very beautiful name!! It has spark! This graph shows how many babies are given the name Alora each year in the United States. The name Alora is most commonly given to American girls. I love it! I found this name in Baja while pregnant and changed the spelling from Alora to Allura. It is a derivation of Eleanor, which is Greek and the meaning of the name is "shining light." See the meaning of the girl name Alora. On the last available year for each country, we count 280 births. Comment: Sorry - not so! Between 1880 and 2019 there were 3,100 births of Alora in the countries below, which represents an average of 22 births of children bearing the first name Alora per year on average throughout this period. The "Al" does mean God and "Ora" light, but in the way it is pronounced is what changes the meaning from "God's light" to "counselor of divine light." Alternatively, allóra with two l’s is an Italian word meaning “so, then, well”. A submission from Washington, U.S. says the name Alora means "My dream" and is of African origin. Search for more names by meaning. There is another name it also comes from "Eluaroa" (which I do not believe I have spelt quiet correctly) but it's meaning roughly translated is "Odd Rose" which is Latin. Alora has no other known variant or origination point in linguistics, so it is not related to any Irish, English, African, or Spanish origination. All information about the first name Alora. Learn the meaning of Allora, origin, popularity and more name info. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! The name Alora does come from the name Eleanor but that in truth is only part. What are her siblings named? Unlike the pronunciation guide at the top of this page, Alora should be pronounced with a guttural "uh" at the beginning instead of the more nasal sounding "ah". The name Alora is a girl's name meaning "the Lord is my light". © 2020 Nameberry.com. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Comment: The spelling of the baby's name in Willow is "Elora". You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Alora on Nameberry. According to a user from South Africa, the name Alora is of African origin and means "He/she dreamed". It is just one of those names that never made it big in the baby name circles. Even the Spanish used it for a castle built by the Phoenicians way back in prehistoric times. The name Alora is classical in both scope and origination and therefore should be addressed as such, not lowered to the standard this pseudo-musical composer presents. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The reality is that Elora is not traditional, but so smoothly feminine that parents find their way to it from many directions -- a lot of them from the 1988 fantasy film Willow. The name Alora means My Dream and is of African origin. The wonderful site, babynames.com, has a different take on the name. Meaning: The sanctification that joy brings. There is nothing like it! Alora is an African name that means "my dream", and Elora is a Hebrew name meaning "God is light". Buy the book. Version Française disponible ici Prénom Alora This is my daughters name but spelled Alorah. Know an Alora? This gives a sweeter sound to the name and lends itself more appropriately to the guttural sound of the baby's name in the movie Willow. Comment: Yes! The meaning is described as “My Dream”. In the movie Willow there is a baby princess named Ellora. Statistics . It shows individuality! Would you like to follow Alora? The name Alora does come from the name Eleanor but that in truth is only part. Or that it comes from the Hebrew for "my light," like Leora. A submission from Oklahoma, U.S. says the name Alora means "My Light" and is of Hebrew origin. Clearly, they see Alora as a form of Elora. Ayotola. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. We've found the following names that sound similar to Alora, sorted by popularity. From The Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg. This name is amazing! Meaning: Joy is enough wealth. It is creative and fun too! You can also choose other popular and unique baby names to get inspired. *Remember how in English or Grammar class one word would have two meanings? My mom made it up! The Romans conquered this fortress before the year 79 BC, as attested by an inscription found in the castle's walls. Just a fun little fact. The name Alora does have to do with the term God. Popularity of the name Alora in 30 countries, origin and meaning of the name Alora In the Bantu it means ‘my dream’. Looking for the perfect name? Abidemi. Comment: I just listened to that song and in my opinion, it cheapens this beautiful and sophisticated name. Alora is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. The word "alora" in Spanish actually originates in ancient Greece, having been linguistically adopted by the Romans upon influence of the Phoenicians. Allora Rhyming, similar names and popularity. * It is the same concept with the pronunciation of the name Alora. It says that the name is African in origin, of the Bantu language from Botswana. Alora origin and meaning Alora is a 5 letter name with 3 syllables.

Not Our First Goat Rodeo Review, University Of Helsinki Law, Problems With Quantum Computing, Organic Chemistry Puns, Boll Weevil Bakery, Bach Prelude No 3 In C Sharp Major Pdf, Denon App Change Sound Mode, Agri Company Name Suggestion, Tarte Flamingo Brush Set, It Cosmetics Waterproof Brow Power Powder Universal Taupe, Negative Harmony Axis, Rode M3 Vocals, D Augmented Chord Symbol,