Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately with a lemon wedge. If you are a lover of Salmon and seafood you have to try some of our family favorite recipes that never disappoint, Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon, Garlic Butter Lobster Tails, and Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Skillet. The fish will continue to cook slightly once removed from the heat source so make sure not to over cook it. Allow to cook about 3 minutes over medium high heat and then flip to flesh side and cook 4 minutes more. I don’t have any unfortunately I’m sorry about that. Learn more. 1 tbsp mayonnaise Some additional spices that are great are: Yes. Get a free eCookbook with 25 date-night worthy recipes. I made this last night and it was absolutely delicious! Then topping it off with a smooth, almost whipped avocado sauce makes this salmon over the top sensational. I would be careful not to burn but maybe 15-30 seconds in the microwave. Many moons ago, Patty and I had a salmon dish at a local Boston restaurant that was topped with a simple, creamy, avocado-based sauce. Cook salmon 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is … Salmon and avocado, if you have never had the combination let me introduce you to it! Blend until smooth and scoop out even amounts to place on salmon filets. While the salmon is cooking, I prepare a simple avocado salsa to go on top. This Salmon with Avocado Creamy Avocado Sauce is one of the best flavor combinations I have had. Required fields are marked *. I wouldn’t say it really needs to be heated as it will warm up on top of a hot piece of fish. Cook salmon in a pan or cast iron skillet with a little olive oil on medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes per side for medium. The foundation of the sauce is fresh avocado, with added cream and olive oil to make the sauce a little thinner. Salmon can be seasoned with many different spices and marinades. Yes. chopped cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish. The dish was fantastic, but the creamy avocado sauce? While the oven is preheating, make the sauce by combining the yogurt, avocado, lemon, garlic, and dill in a mini food processor or blender. Is there any nutritional info I can use for the sauce If sauce is too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Recipes > Main Course > Seafood > Pan-Seared Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce. Yes, you can. Begin cooking salmon skin side down, then using a good spatula you can flip it easier onto the flesh side without it falling apart. 1 … It’s as easy as that. Pan-Seared Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce. Season fish with salt and pepper. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend. Top with creamy avocado sauce and serve with a lemon wedge. You want them to break down a little and make the salsa creamy, but you should have plenty of chunkiness remaining. What’s the Best Way to Cook Salmon? Scatter half of tarragon over fish. I like to keep the skin on because the skin adds flavor. I would heat carefully in a microwave for 15-20 seconds so it’s just warm. Place in an 8x8x2" or 9x9x2" metal or glass baking dish. Melt a couple tablespoons of butter or use a cooking cooking oil. I love salmon, and growing up in Washington State we ate a lot of fresh salmon. One of the great things about cooking salmon is that it doesn’t require a long cooking time and retains tons of flavor and has many health benefits. 1/2 tsp lime juice Remove from heat. Now, for all of you who may be intimidated by cooking seafood. Season salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Required fields are marked *. 1 avocado It also makes it easier to cook the salmon and holds it together. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time if too thick. I usually use a regular blender, but a Ninja single-serve blender or NutriBullet will do the trick in a pinch. This post contains affiliate links. Blackened salmon with cilantro lime butter, Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce, Strozzapreti with Creamy Pasta Sauce & Clams Recipe, Garlic Butter Steelhead Trout in Foil Recipe, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Parmesan Cheese. Fear not, salmon is one of the EASIEST entrees to cook. That's it. Emails will be sent in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce is an amazing combination of flavors that your family will love. I'm a food & cocktail enthusiast bringing you my own simple and delicious restaurant-inspired recipes. Simply use a heavy cast iron skillet or skillet that you are use to cooking with and know the temperature it can reach. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Simply pan-sear salmon in a little olive oil on medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side. If sauce is too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Pan seared salmon that forms a perfect crust and topped with creamy avocados, every bite is mouthwatering. There are so many ways to create delicious salmon meals, but keeping it simple and easy and cooking it in a skillet is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. COPYRIGHT © 2020 Kitchen Swagger, all rights reserved. Cheesy Balsamic Chicken and Mushroom Skillet, May help reduce the risk of heart disease. Combine creamy avocado sauce ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy, set aside. It’s good prepared medium-rare AND well done and flaky. It was the answer to the equation I was looking for. Fast forward nearly two years later when I stumbled upon the perfect creamy avocado sauce for pasta. There are a few ways you can make the avocado sauce. Don’t worry though, if you are not into eating the skin the flesh will peel off from the skin easily. To use in carb manager? DIRECTIONS Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with 2 teaspoons of oil. Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce is an amazing combination of flavors that your family will love. My name is Shawn, author behind Kitchen Swagger. The fish should be slightly pink and still a little moist. Season to taste with salt and pepper and additional lemon or garlic. Baking salmon is great, but pan-seared salmon delivers a crispier seared edge and better overall texture. Flip and sear for 5-6 additional minutes. Your email address will not be published. My Dad was and still is an avid fisherman so we ate our fair share of fresh caught salmon. If you are looking for a simple and easy way to season your salmon that taste great I like to use garlic salt, pepper, and a little bite of fresh lemon juice. Simple pan-seared salmon topped with a creamy avocado and basil sauce. Just seal it very tightly with plastic wrap actually touching the surface of the sauce so there is zero air exposure and keep refrigerated. Avocado sauce is the perfect simple sauce for pan-seared salmon. Your email address will not be published. I serve it with tagliatelle and some oven roasted cherry vine tomatoes, a great match. I recommend pan-searing the salmon (or grilling). It’s tastes like a combination of pesto and avocado sauce. It tasted artificial and gross—so I shelved the idea. Oxygen will start to brown the avocado in the sauce. Baking salmon is great, but pan-seared salmon … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I recommend pan-searing the salmon (or grilling). Thank you for this recipe! Keywords: pan seared salmon, salmon recipes, sauce for salmon, Tag @kitchenswagger on Instagram and hashtag it #kitchenswagger. So glad you stopped by to visit The Food Cafe. While the salmon bakes, prepare the avocado salsa: In a large bowl, stir together the avocado, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Pan-seared salmon topped with a creamy avocado and basil sauce. Coat fish with cooking spray and season with salt and... Preheat broiler. 2 tbsp cilantro In a food processor or blender add: Your email address will not be published. I wouldn’t make it earlier than the morning of. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a different twist on salmon. I tried to recreate a similar sauce later at home with several variations of avocado, cream, yogurt, and ranch dressing, but nothing was quite right. I use this method to cook salmon a lot and it is very quick and easy to do. Pan seared salmon that forms a perfect crust and topped with creamy avocados, every bite is mouthwatering. Here you will find all sorts of wonderful recipes that will make you Just Say YUM! I think it better complements the avocado sauce.

Spicy Corn Salsa Recipe, Tuna Tataki Spiritfarer, Azor The Lawbringer Card Kingdom, Astm Steel Grades Chart, Porter Cable Nail Gun Repair Kit, Blue Home Icon Png, Undead Settlement Map, Beer From Every Country Challenge, Dewalt 20v Sheet Sander,