‘script’ to the audience members. We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. [/twitter], [twitter]All research, tools and resources for this session can be found here http://goo.gl/hbg3t[/twitter]. Dumping information in your slides simply turns them into Slide-uments or Docu-slides!! These were those results that people were kind enough to provide. But over the years I loved how easy it was to learn at my own pace and to use the downloadable templates for making my own presentation.” — Aaron Silverman Please vote with your voting handset and the relevant button (1, 2 or 3) as to whether you are planning to tweet during this session. Please join in & prove the power of the backchannel http://goo.gl/ost2d [/twitter]. http://goo.gl/QMU5[/twitter], [twitter] Facilitating ‘Getting Beyond Bullet Points’ session at #LSG11UK. This is down to us operating in a highly regulated industry, its inherent risk aversion, bureaucratic procedures and the fact that it is regulated by the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate, the Office of Civil Nuclear Security and the Environment Agency ALL add to creating a + safety culture but one that also brings a LOT of training. ‘poor’ presenters using it to broadcast their Table activity.Direct people towards the PPT slide on their table.Provide them with 3-5 mins to discuss and come up with conceptual ideas as to what word/words they would use in line with the Takahashi method to present this info to others.After 2 mins, progress through each slide and ask each table to provide answers. We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. And I mean *BIG*! Want to make an impact? See our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. You can change your ad preferences anytime. If you wish to opt out, please close your SlideShare account. [twitter] Mind mapping software is a great way to provide a non-linear presentation http://goo.gl/HV9AQ [/twitter], [twitter] Short of time? Table activity.Direct people towards the PPT slide on their table.Provide them with 3-5 mins to discuss and come up with conceptual ideas as to what images/words they would use in line with the Lessig method to present this info to others.After 3-5 mins, progress through each slide and ask each table to provide answers. Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. Diagrams and simple illustrations are faster to scan compared to long and complex words. its effectiveness has been diminished by Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. Please vote with your voting handset and the relevant button (1 or 2) as to whether you are connected to the internet at this moment, in this room, right now. Beyond Bullet Points, Fourth Edition “Throw away those room-emptying, left-brain slides–and use Atkinson’s book to turn your PowerPoint presentation into an epic.” –Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind. Scribd will begin operating the SlideShare business on December 1, 2020 Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. Ask delegates to write their name and 1 Key Action that they are going to take away from this session and pass the paper to the front. If the audience is very small then use Audioboo to collate these actions. These slides formed part of an 'un'conference that I facilitated for a group of internal facilitators in September 2010. You WILL be pleased to hear that in my personal opinion the nuclear Industry is VERY safe, which is obviously a bonus when you consider the implications of it NOT being so!!! What are the + & -? You may have fallen into the ‘docu-slides’ and ‘slide-umentation’ trap! Why? If you wish to opt out, please close your SlideShare account. Why?Because I am using it as an example as to howmeaningless a ‘best practice’ slide deck is (i.e. The presentation style that I am now using has been pioneered by Cliff Atkinson, which he has coined…, Cliff draws parallels between PowerPoint and Hollywood…, And that’s the reason for you the presenter The reason for you being there is to enthuse them to read the documents, to review the intranet pages, … your story that will engage and inspire them NOT a mass of text and bullet points on a screen. Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. As of this date, Scribd will manage your SlideShare account and any content you may have on SlideShare, and Scribd's General Terms of Use and Privacy Policy will apply. 1. Sample Use PowerPoint Graphics Visualize Capacity Planning, Using Technology to enhance an Assess-Train-Assess approach, Beyond Bullet Points - The All Employee Meeting Presentation, Paul Hattimer, CCM Private Club Marketing and Social Media, No public clipboards found for this slide. This Slideshare deliberately has no accompanyingaudio. If you continue browsing the site, you agree to the use of cookies on this website. [twitter] As a presenter I’m only successful if you latch onto my idea, run out of the room and spread it – Nancy Duarte[/twitter]. See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement for details. Have you ever heard the phrase “less is more”? Many of these events have a refresher period attached ranging from 3 months to 4 years, soyou can see that that we deliver a LOT of statutory training VERY often. For each idea you want to convey, consider what the key point is and put that as a bullet point. Use a Consistent Style When using bullet points, make sure that they have a consistent style. [twitter] The Lessig method of presentation plays on the “picture paints a 1000 words” Why not give it a try? See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement for details. Why?Because I am using it as an example as to howmeaningless a ‘best practice’ slide deck is (i.e. Beyond Bullet Points – “Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations That Inform, Motivate, and Inspire” is the name of this book that The book covers different topics but it is focused to explain the reader how to avoid boring, bullet-riddled slides and unlock the amazing story buried in your presentation. It can provide the facilitator and audience with a clear message as to the topic of the slide. When I see the image I know what I need to be covering because: Lets be honest sometimes a single word or phrase can also be impactful. Then add to the bullet point by the words that you speak during the presentation. Please join in and prove the power of the backchannel http://goo.gl/ost2d [/twitter], [twitter] If you’re using your presentation to deliver a document’s content? 1. If there is a great deal of text to deliver to the audience, fine, why not do what we have done for donkeys year…. Dating 101 by Sammy Ali and Adrianna Paniak, No public clipboards found for this slide, Getting Beyond Bullet Points (images only). As you’ll see from this presentation that I am now facilitating, the Bullet Points are gone, there is no text on the screen, crummy clip-art has been replaced by a full screen image.

Theoretical Perspectives In Learning, Peh Gaya Khalara Lyrics In English, How To Make Volume Control, White Image Hd, Public Policy Process, Hyderabadi Tomato Curry Recipe, Japanese Kanji For Spirit, Can You Use A Dvd Player Without A Remote,