I didn't use all the topping because I didn't want the pie to be too sweet; just enough so that it covered the pie (about half of the topping). Info. Also one of my dinner guests is allergic to tree nuts so I substituted brown sugar for the pecans and it was still very flavorful and crunchy. I am in total agreement with the user who said the sugar needed to be reduced to 3/4C sugar (i like sweet and this was PLENTY) add 1t vanilla and up the sour cream to 2/3C. During blueberry season you can't miss with this one. The almond-scented blueberry filling is sprinkled with a pecan topping. Place the blueberries in the pastry shell and set aside. Mix 1/4 cup flour, white sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl. This pie came out beautiful and delicious. 378 calories; protein 4.3g 9% DV; carbohydrates 44.3g 14% DV; fat 21.2g 33% DV; cholesterol 47.2mg 16% DV; sodium 244.7mg 10% DV. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Nice texture but not sweet enough for us. Roll dough fairly thick and place in pan. Amazing! Carefully fold in the blueberries. I think I should have used just half of the topping. For the topping: I did 1/4C sugar and 1/4C brown sugar and I CANNOT imagine using all of it. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 3.5/4. I followed the recipe just used splenda and light sour cream. It needs NO tweeking!!! This recipe calls for thighs but you could also use legs or breasts. This Blueberry Sour Cream Pie is coming to you straight from my hotel room today, as we are right in the thick of it with this move! The second I spooned the egg/sour cream mixture over the berries they finished melting and I ended up having to scoop some out and not use all of the filling (no biggee). Add vanilla to the sour cream 2. Absolutely the best dessert! This was big on flavor but short on looks in my view particularly the topping. The center wasn't set at all when I pulled it out after 25 minutes to add the topping so I baked for an additional 10 minutes before adding the topping. Small spots of flour may remain, and the batter will be thick. Because that's delicious too. My, oh my, I loved this pie! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Hey y’all! Not too sweet, not sour creamy at all... Beware this goes fast so you might want to bake up 2 of them!!!!! Several times while trying to make this recipe a little more heart-friendly I used light sour cream light brown sugar as well as soft baking butter with canola oil. Almost tastes better the next day cold or room temp. Chill at least an hour or up to a week. You'll be amazed what a difference the addition of sour cream makes to a blueberry muffin recipe. I wasn't going to use the pecans because I didn't have any but decided to wait a day and get a tiny bag in the baking section of the store. After the filling has baked 25 minutes, sprinkle the streusel crunch topping over the top of the pie. Pour batter over the … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fold in flour mixture. The cooking time is perfect! Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. Whisk sour cream and eggs together in a separate bowl. I imagine it would be even better with fresh blueberries. (I'm testing recipes for Thanksgiving; my sister requested blueberry pie.) HELPFUL TIPS FOR THIS BLUEBERRY COFFEECAKE IN PIE FORM:...yep this is more like a nice coffee cake with a pretty presentation. Poke vent holes in the top crust with a sharp knife. It is not your ordinary blueberry pie and is so simple to prepare. I'll be making this again and again. Oustanding! Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 15 additional minutes. DO YOU GO AFTER YOUR STOLEN PIE? I also had to cook the pie for a lot longer; just cook until the topping is golden brown and crispy. Mix elderberries, sour cream, sugar, flour, and almond extract together gently in a large bowl. make it again. cinnamon. The pie took quite a long time to bake - I'm guessing over an hour. I also had to add 10 min to the baking time (just whenever my pie crust was nice and golden). I also didn't use all of the topping, this recipe makes a lot. Enjoy! Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended. The crunch it gives to the topping is perfect. I cannot explain how wonderful it was. It's easy to make, fast, and delicious. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. This pie will make you famous! My next variation on this pie will to make it with strawberries or a mixed berry. Congrats! My new favorite! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. While the filling is baking, prepare the streusel crunch topping: In a medium bowl combine 3 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. New Recipes. I baked the rest in a custard cup lined with trimmed pie crust. Use fresh or frozen blueberries. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I doubled the filling and most of it fit. Thank you Nonnie Z for a wonderful pie! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. vanilla, and 1/4 tsp. In a large bowl, whip egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed until pale. I've been using allrecipes for about 8 years now, and this is the first recipe that I have ever rated. Add pinch of cinnamon to the topping 3. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. You just mix all the ingredients together and bake. I make it with fresh blueberries or fresh pitted whole cherries or peaches or raspberries or a mix of berries of even frozen berries. Beat in the eggs one at a … It’s really really really yummy. 1 hour. I only ever use frozen pie crust (I'm lazy) and it was SOOOO good. This sets and slices beautifully when chilled (I didn't serve any until I chilled it so I'm not sure how it does warm). I follow the recipe as is using a scant amount less sugar. I did follow these recommendations for the filling: 3/4 cup sugar, 2/3 cup sour cream, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, added 1 tsp vanilla extract and zest of one lemon to the sour cream. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You will NOT be disappointed!!! I LOVED this pie. While pie is baking, prepare the topping by crumbling together the flour, sugar, and butter with a fork. Cool on wire rack. Hubs really enjoyed it however describing it as full of blueberry flavor and pleasantly sweet and in my book that's what counts. This is fantastic! I wonder if I did something wrong...this pie turned out way too sweet. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The crust baked up nice and crisp. Add sour cream mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until the batter comes together and the berries are evenly distributed, 25 to 30 seconds.

Lentil Hummus No Tahini, Bowling Clipart Funny, Jack's Sausage Pizza Calories, Anatomy Group Chat Names, California Speed N64, How Does Religion Affect Identity, Piano Chord Progressions Pdf,