Jesus took Peter and the brothers, James and John, and led them up a high mountain. After the Son of Man is raised from the dead, you are free to talk.”, Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG). Matthew 17:1-9 (The Message) 1 Six days later, three of them saw that glory. “Don’t be afraid.” When they opened their eyes and looked around all they saw was Jesus, only Jesus. https://www.bible.com/bible/97/MAT.17.1-9.MSG, Friend Request: Devotions From Time Of Grace, How to Receive Revelation - Disciple Makers Series #17, Discovery: Essential Truths Of The New Testament, Grace? “Don’t breathe a word of what you’ve seen. Matthew 17:1-9 (NIV) The Transfiguration of Jesus. “Transfiguration” is a fancy word that means "to be changed." Matthew 17:1-9 The Message (MSG) Sunlight Poured from His Face. Then they realized that Moses and Elijah were also there in deep conversation with him. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes. Then they realized that Moses and Elijah were also there in deep conversation with him. Matthew 17:1-9 New International Version (NIV) The Transfiguration 17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. And in a lot of ways, Jesus in today's story and this candle here are a lot alike. But Jesus came over and touched them. 17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes. The Message Large-Print Devotional Bible, softcover, The Message Bible, Compact Soft leather-look, tan. 2 His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes. Friend Request: Devotions From Time Of Grace. And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. What would you think if I built three memorials here on the mountain—one for you, one for Moses, one for Elijah?”, 5 While he was going on like this, babbling, a light-radiant cloud enveloped them, and sounding from deep in the cloud a voice: “This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of my delight. “Don’t breathe a word of what you’ve seen. After the Son of Man is raised from the dead, you are free to talk.”. 17 1-3 Six days later, three of them saw that glory. Coming down the mountain, Jesus swore them to secrecy. What would you think if I built three memorials here on the mountain—one for you, one for Moses, one for Elijah?” 2 There he was transfigured before them. His clothes were filled with light. But, with a little help from a match/lighter, then the candle is changed, or “transfigured,” and is … Jesus took Peter and the brothers, James and John, and led them up a high mountain. 10 The disciples, meanwhile, were asking questions. Sunlight poured from his face. 9 Coming down the mountain, Jesus swore them to secrecy. Six days later, three of them saw that glory. It is a powerful vision, rich with meaning, but the time is not yet right for the three disciples to tell others about their experience (Matthew 9:1). While he was going on like this, babbling, a light-radiant cloud enveloped them, and sounding from deep in the cloud a voice: “This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of my delight. On its own, this candle cannot shine. ... Free Reading Plans and Devotionals related to Matthew 17:1-9. Message/Devotion February 23, 2020 Matthew 17:1-9 First Comes Our Transformation – Lastly Comes OUR Transfiguration The Reading Jesus Transfigured on the Mount 17 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 … His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes. Peter broke in, “Master, this is a great moment! His clothes were filled with light. Listen to him.”. His clothes were filled with light. Even as a preview of the resurrection, the Transfiguration cannot be fully grasped until after Jesus has been crucified, laid in a tomb, and raised from the dead. 6-8 When the disciples heard it, they fell flat on their faces, scared to death. Listen to him.” Jesus took Peter and the brothers, James and John, and led them up a high mountain. But Jesus came over and touched them. When the disciples heard it, they fell flat on their faces, scared to death.

Organic Traditions Where To Buy, Guava Recipes Smoothie, Addition Worksheets With Pictures For Kindergarten, Round Type Fuse, Raita Recipe For Biryani, Setting The Table Audiobook, Sakkad Sangatha Melya Mp3,