Hi! Hey friends! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Cut into ¾-inch pieces. Lemon Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe. If you prefer shredded hash browns, keep them in the freezer beforehand. Cheesy potatoes with real potatoes – aka funeral potatoes are one of my favorite holiday dishes (although they really are good to eat year-round for any special occasion, like a special family dinner, birthday, funeral or Sunday dinner). This is quite possibly the most important step in the whole process. Boil the potatoes until they are just soft enough to bite through. These cheesy potatoes are so, so good and wonderful for special occasions. Cheesy potato casserole has been a standard on holiday table for 40 plus years and is a recipe everyone must-have. Spread cereal topping over the mixture in the pan. We would love if you left a comment on the blog or shared a photo on Pinterest to let us know what you thought of this recipe. I have been cooking healthy, made-from-scratch meals for my family of six for 15 years and it has helped us feel so much better. Remove from the water and place it in the refrigerator to cool for a couple of hours. Stir everything together and making sure every potato is coated in the mixture. You want your potatoes to be al dente. I think not. Cover with foil and bake one hour, removing the foil halfway through. My favorite thing about this dish might be that it is so, so easy to whip together in a pinch. If you prefer shredded hash browns, keep them in the freezer beforehand. This funeral potato recipe with real potatoes is easy, cheesy, and delicious. Best Cheesy Potatoes. Good food is a definite passion of ours. Your email address will not be published. This simple casserole recipe full of diced potatoes, cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and topped with crispy Kellogg’s corn flake cereal can not be beat. Add the onion and saute a few minutes until translucent. Paleo Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Recipe. Drain the potatoes, chunk them up and add them to the pan with the veggies. Continue stirring, while pouring in the 1/2 cup … In fact, I love them so much I request them every year on my birthday. Repeat until the potatoes have evenly browned, adjusting the heat as needed. I have learned through the years that the superior Funeral Potato Casserole recipe is made with real potatoes, but it is rarely done this way. Either will do. It’s easy to do, and better for me and my family. Be warned, if you are anything like me, this is when your mouth may begin watering in anticipation for the goodness it knows is coming. Bring the water to a boil, and cook the potatoes on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until a fork goes easily into the center of each potato. My favorite thing about this dish might be that it is so, so easy to whip together in a pinch. Just follow these easy step by step photo instructions. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. For this recipe, I’ve doubled the amount of Kellogg’s my mom usually uses. Make crockpot cheesy potatoes with real potatoes, condensed soup, sour cream, finely chopped onion, melted butter, salt, pepper, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Paleo Recipes, Clean Eating Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, doTERRA, December 23, 2017 //  by Rebecca Baron 1 Comment. With traditional recipes like cheesy potatoes, our personal touches help make them special. Next, add the sour cream, chopped green onions, salt and shredded cheese to the butter and cream of chicken soup mixture. Dice the potatoes into small bite-sized pieces, or shred them with a grater or food processor. Turn the oven on to 350. Roughly smash the potatoes (and butter, if using) with a potato masher… Drain the potatoes and add back to the pot. You are here: My Natural Family > Diets > Clean Eating Recipes > Cheesy Potatoes with Real Potatoes Recipe. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Spoon mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. In seperate bowl mix sour cream, chopped green onions, salt, and shredded cheddar cheese. Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until the edges are bubbly. Funeral potatoes are a simple, cheesy, delicious side dish to accompany any sort of protein. I just put the crunchy topping on half, so everyone’s happy. Substitute fresh potatoes for 30 ounces of frozen hashbrowns. So did my grandma, and I’m sure her mother before her did, too. Did you think it was very hard to make the potatoes from scratch? I have always loved them more than the standard mashed or baked potato. It is that good. So why is this recipe any different? The potatoes used are in cubed hash brown form, so this recipe is often called “ crockpot cheesy hashbrowns ” as well. Let them cool completely afterward. Cube and boil potatoes until just soft enough to eat, but still firm when bitten into. Bake in oven at 400° F for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and corn flakes appear golden and crispy. Combine the stock, milk, salt, garlic and onion powder, no-salt seasoning blend, pepper … You can unsubscribe at any time. To me, cheesy potatoes just wouldn’t be the same without lots and lots of baked, golden, cheesy crust. I can’t remember a Thanksgiving or Christmas without them. On stovetop melt your butter. Let’s talk potatoes. This potato gratin is a classic comfort food. If I am being honest, if I wanted to treat myself, I’d quadruple the amount of topping (so double the amount of ingredients called for the topping in the recipe card as I have already doubled it once). Potatoes, bacon, and cheese are three of my favorite things! Fold in potatoes to the combined sauce mixture till they are worked in and all potatoes are coated. Melt the cooking fat over medium heat. No more soggy toppings! Peel the potatoes. Repeat as needed until mixed. Just the name of this recipe screams comfort food! Cook 7-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. We especially love finding new, easily prepared recipes that are simple to follow, and can help us get dinner on the table quickly... ...Read More, Copyright © 2020 The Dashley's Kitchen on the Foodie Pro Theme. This casserole full of diced real potatoes, cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and topped with crispy Kellogg's corn flakes is a sure crowd pleaser. My mom had her own way of making cheesy potatoes. I quit using canned soup and frozen hash browns and started making the whole thing from scratch. This is similar to recipes called Funeral Potatoes or Crack Potatoes. Best of all, they taste so fresh and delicious I really feel proud to serve them at our big holiday meals. Substitute diced green onions for 3 tablespoons dried chives.

Silicon Tetrafluoride + Water, How To Save Saudi Number For Whatsapp, The Man Who Solved The Market Summary, Mexican Steak Burrito Recipe, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Upgrade Ship Hull, Conjugate Acid Of H5n2+, Whole Egg Liquid, F Mixolydian Scale Guitar,