It’s true this recipe has a long title, but it’s quite cheap to make, and it’s tasty too! Top with plain yogurt, shredded cheese, avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, and/or chopped cilantro. https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/quinoa-cheddar-and-zucchini-bake This baked quinoa is a delicious way to use garden vegetables and herbs. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing. ), Check it out, and let us know what you think! Required fields are marked *, I loved the flavor combination of the chicken broth and the pesto in this recipe! At the end of cooking time, remove the casserole from the oven, but keep it covered. I think we were both surprised at how good it actually turned out! I’m so glad you liked it! Be sure to take it off the heat right as it comes to a boil, as you don’t want a lot of the liquid to evaporate. Add the parmesan to the top of the casserole and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. Add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until turning translucent, then add the minced garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant, about a minute. (opps, I may have to borrow that one from next week’s quota.) So glad you liked it, Julia! https://www.layersofhappiness.com/italian-zucchini-quinoa-bake Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and set aside. ), 1 cup quinoa Carefully pour the mixture over the quinoa and zucchini in the casserole dish. Your email address will not be published. Set aside. Few, that was a long title! Top with an even layer of zucchini. 3. You’re in the right place if you need help getting dinner on the table, fast.Meet Laura →. Hey, I’m Laura. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. 2. Chop the asparagus and zucchini, mix with olive oil, seasoning, chicken, and set aside. Hey, I’m Laura. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-zucchini-casserole https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215076/chicken-with-quinoa-and-veggies 2 medium-sized zucchini, quartered and sliced (about 1/4-inch width) The photos illustrating the quinoa zucchini casserole look as if the dish is covered with poached or shirred eggs. ? Cube the chicken fairly large, about 1.5-inch pieces. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator and eat within 4 days. « Lemon Garlic Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes. It’s overwhelming to have so much at once, but I’m grateful for the harvest. 2 cups chopped asparagus Sauté the onion until turning translucent, about 3 minutes. 1/4 cup parmesan. Preheat the oven to 425. Place the cubed chicken evenly throughout the casserole dish, then top with the grated mozzarella. Cook the quinoa per the direction on the box, using the chicken broth instead of water. Lemon Garlic Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. Be careful transferring the dish to the oven – it's full of hot liquid! In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. (It was hard not to put an exclamation point there. Add the minced garlic and continue to sauté another minute, until fragrant. A great way to use up some zucchini from the garden. Hi Amanda, thank you so much! The zucchini and quinoa make a nice base for the flavour of the basil pesto and I highly recommend sliced cherry tomatoes to top it off. , Your email address will not be published. Then, spread the rinsed quinoa in an even layer in the casserole dish. You’re in the right place if you need help getting dinner on the table, fast. Layer the sliced zucchini evenly over the quinoa. Chop the asparagus and zucchini, mix with olive oil and seasoning, chicken, and set aside. Let the quinoa steam and absorb the liquid for 10 minutes. Optional step: After the quinoa has steamed for 10 minutes, remove the foil and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden. As an optional step, after the quinoa has steamed, you can broil the top to make the cheese bubbly. Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. A delicious meal made with chicken breast, fresh zucchini, fluffy quinoa, basil pesto, and topped with melty mozzarella cheese. I think I’ve used up my exclamation point quota for the week. 5. Use a spatula to push down any quinoa that’s not submerged. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! 2 chicken breasts For the last few weeks I’ve been putting zucchini in pretty much everything, from bread to pad Thai. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. 1 Pound zucchini 45 min total is enough baking time. If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review below!I’d love to hear from you! Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet; cook and stir the garlic scapes and onion until onion is … It is full of good-for-you stuff, and it’s got a great, almost aldente, crunch. Spread the rinsed quinoa in an even layer in the casserole dish. Carefully pour the pesto mixture over the quinoa and zucchini in the casserole dish. Cover and bake 45 minutes to one hour, until the quinoa is soft and fluffy. I’ll have add those and give it a try! Season with salt and pepper. This will help the chicken stay more juicy and tender as the quinoa cooks. Place the cubed chicken evenly throughout the casserole and top with grated mozzarella. First, preheat your oven to 375 °F and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Chicken and Zucchini Casserole just screams summer. Serve immediately with your chosen garnishes. The hot liquid also helps disperse the pesto evenly throughout the dish. Jeff created this recipe because he wanted to use up a few things in our fridge that were close to going bad (I hate that!). Even if your quinoa comes pre-rinsed, don’t skip the rinse – this prevents it from clumping and helps it cook evenly. Turn off the heat and stir in the pesto until dissolved. Yes, I wanted to make sure there was enough liquid in the casserole. Thank you so much! See the recipe card below for exact quantities and detailed instructions. Preheat the oven to 425. 1/4 cup olive oil At the end of cooking time, let the casserole sit covered for 10 minutes to steam the quinoa. Simply Playful Fare’s Membership Community, https://simplyplayfulfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SPF-Main-video.mp4. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. If you’re in need of pesto, here’s an easy 5-minute recipe! It’s also filled with good veggies and protein-rich quinoa! But there’s no mention of finishing the dish with a raw egg on top to bake during the oven cooking stage, or finishing the prep with a poached egg on top of the cooked dish. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray, and add the quinoa evenly to the dish.. Add the chicken and veggie mix to the casserole dish and spread out evenly.

Piano Keys Chart For Beginners, Ap Biology Textbook, Ucla Systems Engineering, Uc Davis Biochemistry Ranking, Deutsche Küche Bavarian/beer Bratwurst, Yugioh Stardust Dragon Ghost Rare - 1st Edition, Yoga 910 Battery,