Just before I served this I gave it a taste and thought to myself, "Uh-oh. Stir the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the … It's simple and fast, some may not like instant rice, but to me, it tastes the same. I've been making this for months and forgot to review it until now. But to my surprise, not only did *I* like it, but Hubs did too! Serve with roasted or grilled lamb, salmon, chicken dishes, including grilled chicken skewers. Thanks! Bring to a boil. We all loved this rice. 3 Stir in lime juice and cilantro: Transfer the rice to a serving bowl. 1 Brown the rice: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Brown the rice: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. When time is up, let it natural release. It was perfect! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Hi, Jess! If the rice is already a little clumpy, the finished product will not be quite as good. Why Make This Recipe? Boil for about 17mins, then remove from heat, remove lid also...put a dish towel on top and return lid...allow it to sit for about 10mins...this makes sure the rice is fluffy because the towel absorbs the excess steam...after it sits, then stir in your cilantro and fresh lime juice to taste...for my family its usually 1 to 1.5 limes....this has saved me from buying cilantro rice from Qudoba every other day for my 2yr old! My husband won't stop raving about this rice! Bring to a rolling boil, then cover and lower the heat to low to maintain a very low simmer. And I made it myself! Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Add rice. Thank you for the recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Serve with chicken, steak, shrimp, Mexican or Asian food. I’m making this for the second time. They were perfect together! I started with melting the butter, then sautéed 1/2 of an onion and 2 cloves garlic for about 5 minutes, added in the rice and cooked for 3-5 minutes, then added in chicken broth (instead of the water called for), and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. It’s more aromatic than plain rice and the flavor complements the cilantro and lime. “THIS TASTES INCREDIBLE” is what my cilantro-hating husband said about this rice the first time he tried it. At the very end, after the rice is cooked and fluffed, you’ll add in chopped fresh cilantro and lime juice. Please try again later. In a medium saucepan or deep skillet over medium-high heat, add the broth. I making this rice with enchiladas tonight . Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cilantro lime rice is the best rice for burrito bowls, and pretty much any Mexican food, right? First time commenting? The coconut milk makes it creamy and rich, the cumin adds an earthiness and the cilantro add freshness. Add … I added chicken broth from chicken I used for enchiladas with a few other ingredients and it made this recipe really flavorful. I chopped some green and red pepper, scallions, and white mushrooms and sauteed them in a little garlic and added them to the rice at the end. It makes it extra light and fluffy. Hi Laura, basmati rice is with a shot, sure. I boil the rice in 1c of water, 1c of chicken stock and 1tsp of salt. Anyway, this rice is so good. An easy 5-ingredient recipe to pair with multiple dishes. Very tasty and lime filled essence! I cooked it in the instant pot. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. But you don’t want to just toss plain rice with cilantro and lime juice and call it a day. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Thank you!!! And if so would you still add the lime juice and cilantro at the end or do you wait until the next day and add when reheated? In this recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice you can use either white or brown basmati rice- basically you want to use long-grain rice, even jasmine rice will work here! I tweaked this recipe to get a little closer to Qudoba's. Yummy, do you have the calories per seving? A very light and delicious side dish for mexican foods. Add cilantro and lime. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. But I went ahead and served it anyway, hoping for the best - and hoping I had enough other food in case we couldn't eat this. Hope that helps! Thanks. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes.

Molar Solubility In Pure Water, How To Make Custom Keyboard For Android, Qualitative Test For Acetone, Chicken And Shrimp Carbonara Olive Garden Calories, Marble Blast Ultra Ps4, 18 Inch Bifold Door Rough Opening,