They RAVED. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. And guess what? Back then, I was looking for an alternative to potato salad for a picnic when I stumbled upon this sweet potato salad from the New York Times . Oh my goodness. Or… you can trust me and plow forward fearlessly into the land of basil-heavy summery tasting green dressing. Toss all ingredients together with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and serve! Keywords: couscous salad, meal prep salad, large batch salad, sweet potato salad, basil dressing, healthy lunch prep, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. ★☆ MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Will be making it tomorrow. Learn more. Drain the cooked couscous well, and place in a large serving bowl. The basil lime vinaigrette is my new favorite dressing! Now I just need something to pair with it to turn it into a full meal, and I’m at a loss! Sign up to receive a free eCookbook with my top 25 most popular recipes. I was just wondering if roasting the sweet potatoes would be a great option too! Thank you! Salt? Let stand for 5 minutes. I roasted the sweet potato in the oven. Everything has been delish! (OR, store each … Pulse all dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth-ish. Made this today but used Quinoa instead of couscous and I subbed sweet grape tomatoes for the sweet potatoes. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. Bring 3/4 cup water to boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Eating this salad cold or at room temp would be great! My husband was skeptical, but this is now a new favorite in our house!! You’re right, this was super delicious, and filling! now I cannot wait to try your white sauce! Glad to know dried basil works well, too! Such bold flavor with fresh basil and garlic. Couscous, Sweet Potato, and Black Soybean Salad. Which is kind of a lot going on flavor-wise because lime and basil are both big flavors. We will definitely make this a regular recipe at our house! On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place potatoes in a layer; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. This looks really tasty. I’m OBSESSED. 228 calories; calories from fat 17%; fat 4g; saturated fat 1.1g; mono fat 0.7g; poly fat 1.7g; protein 10.5g; carbohydrates 39.8g; fiber 7.3g; cholesterol 3mg; iron 2.4mg; sodium 287mg; calcium 102mg. ( I loved it too.) I am going to make this tomorrow (only thing I dont have is feta, might use Indian paneer cottage cheese cubes instead). Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork and cool. Fluff with a fork. I used quinoa instead of couscous, just because I had it on hand. Perfect summer dinner. We agree – the perfect summer meal right here! You’re looking at a beautiful, colorful, confetti-like bowl full of: You think it might lean Mexican-inspired with the sweet potato black bean thing…. https://www.blogging-2020.com. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. This is so so good! The flavors are so fresh, will definitely be making it again! Pistachios – because I love them! maybe some watermelon to finish off the meal on a hot summer night…. Just made this meal prep style for lunches. Couscous salad its yumm. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Couscous, Sweet Potato, and Blackbean Salad December 20, 2009 / lisa Choose this lime-basil-infused salad—with chunks of beta-carotene-laced sweet potatoes and tender, high-fiber, protein-rich black soybeans—for a healthy meatless main dish you can have on the table in 15 minutes. My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. Perfect quick and healthy dish. Thank you for sharing this refreshing salad n dressing recipe Add couscous, sweet potato, soybeans, and spinach; toss gently to coat. Just before serving, toss with a bit of the vinaigrette. It’s summery, a little bit unexpected, and the best way to make lunch / veggies / nutrition / happiness all work together. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links, … Tasty and very healthy! Yum! Tweak it till you get it just right and do not panic if it’s very very flavorful. Top each serving with cheese; sprinkle evenly with onions. Bring 3/4 cup water to boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Thanks for sharing, Margaret! A bright, zippy, unexpectedly delicious couscous salad that’s packed with sweet potatoes, black beans, spinach, feta, and more – all tossed with a life-changing lime basil vinaigrette! Our dressing here is a punchy lime basil vinaigrette. Fluff with a fork.2. Oil? . I totally forgot to add the Feta!! I made this tonight with quinoa instead of couscous and a cilantro vinaigrette instead of basil… it was delicious!! Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. I also made your green sauce and I decided to mix the two for my lunch this week…oh my goodness, it was a killer combination! keep those recipes coming. I was youthful and new to cooking and I loved easy recipes (still true, actually). I used black beans because I could not find black soybeans, I made my own basil lime vinaigrette and I roasted my sweet potatoes with a little olive oil and salt and pepper! . ). You could easily sub quinoa though to make it gluten free. ), and so nostalgic. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Roasted the potatoes instead of steaming just cuz I love roasted things. Of course, I’d keep it in the fridge until I leave for work, but would it be okay to eat at room temp or does it need heated up? I used Arugala as I had no Spinach. Cover and simmer until fork-tender. I’m a frequent flyer to this blog, and have been for years, keep up the fantastic work!! Served this last night to dinner guests having never made it before and they RAVED. This black bean sweet potato salad is bright, hearty without being heavy, and with delicious fresh flavors. 1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated cubed peeled sweet potato (such as Glory), ¼ cup fat-free lime-basil vinaigrette (such as Maple Grove Farms), 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black soybeans (such as Eden Organic), rinsed and drained, 5 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, Back to Couscous, Sweet Potato, and Black Soybean Salad. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. 1. Works well with a cheeky little bit of Parmesan too…. Info. Will definitely make again! 1 1/2 c Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous) 1/2 c canned black beans, rinsed well and drained Could you substitute quinoa if you are trying to keep it gluten free? Everyone in my family loved it! Combine vinaigrette, pepper, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. 2 t finely minced garlic. Honestly, for the first time in my life, I made a dish for “Meatless Monday”, and I was not disappointed! I do love all you and your team are about . Could you substitute quinoa to make it gluten free? Now I’m less youthful, more opinionated about things like making your own dressing, and ready for the still-easy but slightly more grown up version of this salad. Recipe: Couscous + Black Bean Salad (inspired by allrecipes.com) 1 cup whole wheat couscous* 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth* 2 (150z) cans black beans, thoroughly rinsed & drained 1 cup frozen corn 3/4 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped 5 green onions, chopped 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. I substituted quinoa for the couscous. Thanks for sharing, Libby. 4 medium or 2 large sweet potato (about 1 1/2 lb), peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes. extra virgin olive oil 2 Tbsp. It was even great as leftovers the next day! . but any nuts / seeds, or no nuts / seeds also work. Get all your stuff in a bowl, toss with dressing, salt and pepper, and muah. Ok I tried this – I did not even have fresh basil- used dried and it was SO good! Thank you…. Basil? It turned out sooooooooo fabulously and even Eddie likes it (although he pushes the sweet potatoes to the side). Drain and set aside to cool. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days.

Mouse Sander Replacement Pads, Everest Meat Masala 200 Gm Price, Spread Cheese Recipes, Linear Regression On Casio Fx-115es, Arcbound Ravager Modern, Vagrant Story Forest Walkthrough, Jacks Fertilizer Hydroponics, Yamaha Rx-v385 Price, Private Investment Company Examples, Corner Wardrobes For Small Bedrooms, Dr Praeger's Veggie Burgers Review,