If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Serve hot. Great recipe thanks!! In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Gang came back for seconds and thirds. My husband is not a fan of corn or creamed dishes, but he thinks this is great. Congrats! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I reduced the amount a little to compensate for a more runny fluid. THANK YOU! It's fabulous just as it is. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because I think I can salvage it to some other purpose. This is the only way to eat creamed corn! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat bacon grease. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Creamed Corn: Food Network Recipe | The Neelys | Food Network It tastes amazing either way, just depends on your mood and if you want the parm flavor in there. We are cooking it tonight and will not adjust the recipe one bit. I have made it with and without the Parm. Add corn mixture and turn heat down to medium-low, stirring until it becomes creamy, about 30 minutes. Thanks for such a great recipe. How to Make Creamed Corn FRESH VS. Nothing special and not particularly good. It makes it pretty. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The starchy residue that lies beneath the kernels thickens the corn, and in this version, cream seals the deal. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. My friend and I tried to figure out why it was so bland - and what it needed to make it great - we just couldn't find anything to help it. TWO THUMBS UP!!!!! In a large bowl, cut the tip off cob. Diana, you certainly did a great job of making my family plus the boyfriends extremely happy. Everyone always asks for the recipe. So, I added chicken broth, some sage and thyme and tomorrow I'll transform this into what I hope will be a Corn and Chicken Chowder. My cooking method was a bit different. VIDEO! Combine with corn. 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed. I love corn, but why make a boring dish of canned corn kernels when you can make a creamy, cheesy, creamed corn recipe. Mix. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It is one of the best corn recipes I have ever tasted. Used a little cornstarch to thicken it and I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough. I don't do milk and flour as I prefer to make a roux with the butter and flour. Why you’ll love this creamed corn recipe: Make it in under 30 minutes; Made with simple ingredients ; A tasty side dish for any dinner or holiday How to Make Creamed Corn Cube the cream cheese and butter, then add to a saucepan. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Recipe courtesy of Down Home with the Neelys, Courting Pat (The Foods that Help Gina win Pat's Heart), Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecan-Bacon Streusel and Marshmallows. Reduce heat and add the sugar, spices, … Guess what? Still tasted great! Add the heavy cream and water. I followed the recipe exactly and it is perfect. Creamed corn is summer’s comfort food. You saved Cream Corn Like No Other to your. Her plate had a huge helping! Info. cheese. Easy and quick to prepare and is an especially delicious side dish for chicken or pork. It is the best creamed corn I have ever had. Great taste and all the kids had seconds! I used half and half instead of the heavy cream. This recipe is FANTASTIC. You MUST make this! I then pour the corn mixture into the pyrex dish and sprinkle it with shredded parmesean so that it can brown on top. Cut the kernels from cob with a small paring knife. Thanks for recipe! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I let it sit in the oven for about 25 minutes to brown. 253 calories; protein 5.1g 10% DV; carbohydrates 24.8g 8% DV; fat 16.5g 25% DV; cholesterol 53.6mg 18% DV; sodium 372.9mg 15% DV. YOUR RECIPE IS PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL! I was really scared about how this was going to turn out with the ingredients I was using but everyone absolutely loved it. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. After it's done on the stove, I heat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x13 pyrex dish with pam. All rights reserved. Thanks so much for a great recipe! Fantastic recipe. I have made this recipe before (I have a version of my own). Thanks to you too Tay~Tay and Cookie for your input! My husband won't eat corn but he actually ate this! Oh MY GOODNESS! You are right on the money saying this was cream corn like no other. Hubby and youngest daughter are addicted to canned cream corn, but when they tasted this, they couldn't believe the difference. Sorry, I was totally underwhelmed by this one. Diana, FROZEN CORN In corn season, fresh corn is always optimal, and it really is the sweetest, most irr… This is NOTHING like canned creamed corn! It is rich and creamy and I have yet to serve this to anyone who didn't love love love it. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/53304/cream-corn-like-no-other Nothing says comforting Thanksgiving and holiday food than creamed corn. I SCORED A 1000 LAST NIGHT! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition You are right on the money saying this was cream corn like no other. It is one of the best corn recipes I have ever tasted. Whisk together sugar, flour, and salt and pepper, to taste. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Also added just a touch of seasonings, but cut way back on the salt. This was simply corn in cream sauce. We are cooking it tonight and will not adjust the recipe one bit. Using the back of the blade, scrape against the cob to press out the milky liquid. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It will be a part of many BBQ's to come. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. I was really scared about how this was going to turn out with the ingredients I was using but everyone absolutely loved it. I however take time to do one more step, mostly for presentation purposes. I never thought I would be able to prepare it as good as our family favorite. TWO THUMBS UP!!!!! Definately a make again!! Add the milk and stir continuously until the mixture is smooth. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It can't be beat as far as comfort food goes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Diana, My older daughter can't stand creamed corn but decided to give this a taste. My family is a super fan of the creamed corn sold at a magnificent BBQ place in TX - their corn is increadible. Used more corn as my packages were 14 ouncer's. It's fabulous just as it is. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. After reading all the great reviews I was sure I had stumbled on a real winner - I was wrong. Even summer has its cool and rainy days, but a warm bowl of these sweet golden kernels can cheer you while you wait for the sun to come out.

Linda Richards Scholarly Articles, Lenovo Ideapad 1 11-inch Price, Square Root Of 1729, Business Analysis Standards, Creamy Balsamic Dressing Brands, Squeeze The Charmin Meaning, Calendula Officinalis Uses, Planted Discus Tank, Msc Quantum Computing,