Here’s how my normal day looks. Make dinner. See if you can describe your day using the same … Leave school. For example: “Let’s meet at noon” (remember that noon is 12 p.m.). But don’t forget that if I’m just in the general area, I may say at. Sophie May 1, 2018. After dinner I wash up, sweep the floor, and tidy up a bit. I boil the rice and then add the sauce. Because noon is an exact time (12 p.m.), we say at noon. Twilight, Dusk. I walk to the bus stop. Going home (or commuting home) is what most people do after work. FluentU also keeps track of your learning, then suggests videos and examples perfect for you. At the doctor’s … 4.6 5 votes. You can learn more or connect with him through his website Sitzman ABC. We also participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in. It takes about 45 minutes to get to my destination three miles away. If you do something for a period of time, you can use this phrase and mention the start and end time of that activity. All Rights Reserved. These 30+ useful phrases will help you describe your daily activities like a native. Early Morning. They both mean doing physical activity to stay fit. Class starts at 9.25 and ends at 11.25. But you need to know how to talk about your daily routine because it’s routine and common. Because noon is in the middle of work or school days, most people eat lunch around this time. If you take a bath, it’s in a bathtub. This is when you physically move to your bed. If you do homework, then you work on assignments that you have from a previous class. This can be similar to wake up, but get up means that you start to physically move your body. If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn English with real-world videos. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. At school. So there you have a daily routine. This is when the day starts. Below you can find some examples on how to write ten sentences daily routine in English. Watch TV or a movie. This is a period when people stop working or studying so that they can eat lunch. In other words, I might be in the break room, in the bathroom or even outside of the building, but I’m probably not inside my private office. This one is a bit more difficult to explain. Those are the most common words and phrases you’ll need to talk about your morning routine. There are many different types of videos, as you can see here: FluentU makes it easy to watch and understand native English videos with interactive captions. How to describe your daily routine in English? Sign up today and get a free 14-day trial, An Italian in London: to complain or not complain, Most commonly misused words in modern English, 10 top tips for improving your spoken English, 5 Simple ways to improve your written English. Some people put on makeup in the morning. Please check your email for further instructions. Some people are rushed (they don’t have time) in the morning, but you should try to eat a healthy breakfast. This is when the sun appears in the morning, usually between 5 and 7 a.m. in most places. You can also say stop working, but it’s more common to hear something like: I get off work at 5, so would you like to meet me at 5:20 at the bar for happy hour? When you arrive at your house, you can also say get home. There are some exceptions, but here’s how to generally use them. You can also find other real-world videos on FluentU—like music videos, movie trailers, news and inspiring talks—that have been turned into language learning experiences. You may take off or change your clothes and maybe put on pajamas (or whatever you wear when you sleep). will always take the simple present in English. Use on for specific days or dates. Required fields are marked. Also, note that good night isn’t a greeting (a way to say “hello”). Dentists also recommend that you floss your teeth with dental floss. This means to clean your body. Get dressed. Our boss said no one had to work on New Year’s Day because it’s a holiday. Happy hour. If I’m standing inside my office, I’ll probably say in instead of at. Other days I get up early, go downstairs, put on my computer and teach on EF English Live for three hours. If you’re talking about a specific room in your house, office or any other building, you can say in, since you’re usually inside those rooms. When I say “work,” for example, I’m using “work” as an idea. Ryan Sitzman teaches English and sometimes German in Costa Rica. Here we’ll review lots of basic, essential vocabulary that you can use to talk about your daily routine. de loisirs, à restituer des événements passés et à poser des conditions. In the lunchroom/cafeteria/restaurant. [...] learn: - ho w to describe your daily routine - ti mes of the. Midnight. Dawn is another name for the period of time when the sun rises. “I always work better at night than I do in the morning.”. I catch the bus at 8.15, and then I pay my fare and sit down. It might be a good idea to watch them when you’re done reading this article to review the vocabulary. Mid-morning. You should also say on a bike, on a motorcycle or on a horse because you’re on top of those things—and if you ride a horse to work, you probably have a more exciting job than I do! I love travelling and would like to do more, but have managed to talk to more people about their lives through EF English Live than I have had en route. This is a phrase that means to stop working. In most places, the sunset is between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m., but it can change a lot depending on the location and the season. If you say “good night” to someone, it’s like saying “goodbye.“ You can also say it right before you go to sleep. I usually wear jeans, a blouse, a jumper or cardigan and boots in the winter, or a skirt and blouse in the summer. You can work out at a gym, in your house or outside. We catch up on our day, and at about 11 o’clock I go to bed. Go to sleep. Most people start their days in the morning (unless they work at night or have trouble sleeping), so the morning is often the busiest time of day. You probably open your eyes and then immediately start studying your English book, right? Dawn. I teach in the afternoon from 1 to 3pm. At work. You can also say “on the bed” if you’re sitting, but usually not if you’re laying down.

Town Of Burrillville, Shure Saxophone Microphone, Healthy Pumpkin Chili, Empanadas De Camote, Mere Angne Mein Pari Real Name, My Cal Poly Portal,