While the eggplant … Spray top of eggplant lightly with cooking spray and give a generous sprinkle of salt. Lynne Webb is the editor, publisher and recipe developer. July 7, 2018 Continue cooking for 7 to 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. We respect your privacy. So stinking bomb that it actually inspired me to plant eggplants in my garden this year for the sole purpose of making this meal. Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast until tender and lightly caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes. Love it! Bake in preheated 450-degree F … A short cut that doesn’t compromise on flavour, I promise. Cook for 5 minutes and the. Stir in the lentils/broth, mushroom mixture and eggplant and cook until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated. While the eggplant roasts, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Set aside until end of recipe. Add the eggplant and the remaining oil and stir through the rest of the vegetables. Cut eggplants into 3/4 inch dice. Toss with salt in bowl and let it stand for at least 20 minutes. From eggplants to lentils, tomatoes and zucchini, this meal just about has the colors of the rainbow covered along with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. originally published November 17, 2015 — last updated October 4, 2019. Mushroom Eggplant Ragout. by Melanie Winters. Get our latest recipes, cooking tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned - stir halfway through. Top with the eggplant ragu and some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add the Sundried tomatoes and wine and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and has some colour and the wine has evaporated. This is the perfect dish for a Meatless Monday (aside from the beef broth), or any other day of the week for that matter. Scoop out center and seeds of eggplant halves. Comfort food enough for those cold winter months, but chalk full of fresh healthiness to feel good about in the summer months - you can really enjoy this one all year round. Hearty, flavorful and seriously good for you. Yum! Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large, shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Serve over zucchini noodles and an optional dusting of freshly grated parmesan cheese. It's a perfect gluten free meal, but I wouldn't be opposed to a crisp piece of garlic toast to help soak up all that yummy sauce. Remove from the oven and set aside. The perfect gluten free meal - chalk full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients this is a hearty and delicious dish you're going to feel great about. Subscribe to get our latest recipes, cooking tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox. Check out our Privacy Policy  and Terms & Conditions for more information. I love how the eggplant makes the sauce look meaty. Thanks for visiting. Transfer the cubes to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Eggplant, mushrooms and diced tomatoes combine with onion, garlic and a splash of balsamic vinegar to make a rich tasting meatless ragu that’s hearty and flavorful enough to satisfy vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Peel the eggplant and cut it into 3/4-inch cubes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, then add the eggplant to the pan. Remove to plate. Thank you, we'll be in touch! Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half. My husband (an avid Midwest meat-eater) and father loved this recipe! Add red wine and bring to boil stirring until the mixture is smooth. © 2019 MELANIEWINTERS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Hearty, flavorful and seriously good for you. Add yellow onion and cook an additional couple minutes until onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until they're golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Mushroom and Eggplant Ragu July 7, 2018 by Melanie Winters. Add mushrooms and cook on medium-high to high heat until lightly browned (depending on the size of your pan this could take 10-15 minutes or longer). The perfect gluten free meal - chalk full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients this is a hearty and delicious dish you're going to feel great about. Roasted eggplant, sautéed mushrooms and tomatoes are the key ingredients in this flavorful and satisfying meatless pasta dinner. In my Ebook you will find 50+ healthy and delicious vegetarian recipes, including vegan, raw and gluten-free meals. Transfer mixture to plate. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta. Your email address will not be published. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. A lifelong foodie and experienced cook, she decided to use her graphic design and marketing background to launch a website where she could explore and share her passion for food. Remove from the oven and set aside. Stir in the diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste and oregano. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.

Raw Sugar Dry Shampoo, Creamy Kielbasa Pasta, Nike Air Zoom Superrep Men's Hiit Class Shoe, How To Defrost Pizza Dough Overnight, New Jersey Gambling Age, Pistachio Cream Cheese Frosting, Prs Classic Vs Signature Strings, Gigabyte Aero 17 Hdr Review,