Tavern Kod Hvaranina does take credit cards, so you can update your post ;-D, Thanks for this. What's the best local & affordable place to eat in Split: Top vegan & vegetarian restaurants in Split: Plan your activities in Split with our detailed guide to, If you plan to stay in Split, check a list of recommended, If you are planning to visit Dubrovnik from Split, here is our guide on, Find out where to eat in Split with our post on the. Food is prepared in a simple way. Contacts | a: Ulica bana Josipa Jelacica 19, Split | t: +385 21 819 324 | Website. Tavern Kod Hvaranina is a shabby looking restaurant, just out of the Palace walls. You'll find them on every corner in the town. As for the rest, I can’t really agree. Once the haunt of local regulars, Fife is now inundated with backpackers all though summer but has avoided the temptation to charge significantly more kunas. “As local as it gets” and “very affordable” are perfectly describing the kind of place I like to frequent for my meals and the only thing left to hope is that they also serve some vegetarian options… :). Thanks for your comment! I will be sailing through the Dalmatian Islands on the first week of July – we are a group of 8 – and we will have one late dinner (after 22:30) at the arrival day and a lunch the next day in Split. Contacts | a: Ciril Metodova 4, Split | t: +385 21 480 444 | Website. Contacts | a: Svaciceva 2, Split | t: +385 91 908 0678 | Facebook. Hey Frank, your website has been insanely helpful, my wife and I got married a year ago, we didn’t take a honeymoon, and she’s now pregnant! Anytime we travel south, we stop in Split just to try out another Split restaurant. A tiny cafe serving vegan dishes, raw cakes, freshly squeezed juices, and a surprisingly good choice of Croatian and international craft beers. And, many still do. Posts like this are super helpful once you get to a city. Cristina. A chain of bakeries Bobis is a real Split institution since they've been serving bread and pastries since 1949. Have you eaten in any of Split restaurants? Hope this helps! Counter seating inside has direct views over the kitchen. Great atmosphere, good fresh and tasty food, huge portions (1 portion could feed 2 people) very reasonable priced and we were not rushed. Contacts | a: Kresimirova 8, Split | t: +385 21 553 748 | Facebook. It is a typical restaurant found in coastal Croatia. Luckily, Split isn't one of those places. It can be crowded on summer evenings, especially over the weekend. Many places in Split feature pizza on their menu. A bit hard to find, and outside of Split, in neighboring Stobrec, but well worth the trip. Price similar with Zrno Soli. There are only two tables for two outside and a counter seating for 7-8 inside. Contacts | a: Obrov ul. Sometimes it’s difficult to decide where to go :). But if you like authentic, fresh, and unpretentious food, prepared in a simple way, this is a place to choose. Restaurant Kadena is located in the Zenta neighborhood. However, the place is not pretentious. We like great food at cool places (don’t we all ;-)) Although you will find yourself more often picking things you can eat from the ordinary menu than reading through a thoughtfully crafted menu with vegetarians in mind. Make a reservation in advance to get one of their best tables. It’s another family run place and the fish is really superb as is their Pasticada. Straightforward and homely, it offers standard Croatian dishes such as grilled meat, squid and pašticada stewed beef at knockdown prices. Seafood served here comes from local fishermen. With its stunning old town AND a pretty coastline peppered with picturesque islands, Split makes the perfect holiday for those wanting a mix of city and beach. I went to the address where Tavern Fetivi was supposed to be. This konoba is more expensive than the others listed here. Thanks for the recommendation. This is a great little place with tasty food and friendly staff. Ihre Kartenakualisierung wurde angehalten. Excellent choice of Croatian wines! HERE ARE OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS IN SPLIT, CROATIA! Rizzo has been serving sandwiches in Split since 1992, and today it has four locations in Split. Thanks for the info, Frank G :) You can grab something for as cheap as 1 or 2 €. If you are looking for a fine dining and intimate atmosphere, this is not a place for you. I ADORE Villa Spiza. Zajca 4, Split | t: +385 21 389 400 | Website. I love that there is an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients! My husband and me are going to Split in a few weeks. Tavern offers traditional regional dishes mostly based on seafood, but they have meat dishes as well. Best Seafood Restaurants in Split, Split-Dalmatia County: Find Tripadvisor traveler reviews of Split Seafood restaurants and search by price, location, and more. Located on the shores of the Adriatic Sea in the historical region of Dalmatia, Split is the second largest city of Croatia after the capital city Zagreb and is also the largest city in Dalmatia. Local feel with good food and nice people. Both places also serve lunch and dinner. Oh we had some great meals in Split. It is one of the highly recommended Split restaurants. So, here you can eat cheap or expensive, depends on your mood and the type of dishes you choose. I really like that area around Trg Sperun. Os kolac, in our opinion, isn't only the best cake shop in Split, but in all Croatia. They offer a great variety of dishes for breakfast from poached eggs and omelets to fresh salads and fruit platters, and everything in-between, even the New York-style bagels. I was actually based in Trogir, 30 km from Split, so didn’t have much time to fully explore the city :( They moved on the other side of the alley. If you like sweets, you absolutely must visit this place. This is one of the fine dining Split restaurants. Contacts | a: Ban Mladenova 1, Split, | t: +385 98 177 6162 | Facebook. Uje Oil Bar is a tapas-style restaurant, located at the heart of Split old town. Paski sir (Pag cheese) and prsut (prosciutto) It is a small, family-run restaurant, and you feel it. The food is homely, fresh, and tasty. Contacts | a: Ban Mladenova 9, Split | m: +385 91 767 5891. went to Tavern Fife this summer on recommendation locals at the tourist office. The place is not cheap, but it is a good value for money. Known for their cold-pressed juices and smoothies, Superfoods is also big on raw foods and vegan and veggie soups. Enjoy it! I only wish we had an opportunity to try some of your recommendations! The Kruscic in Obrov 6 Street is the best artisan bakery. Wow! That was just disgusting. There is always a queue (should be a good sign!). Some of the other vegetarian- and vegan-friendly restaurants in Split we list below. Expect to pay anywhere between 350 to 500 Kn (50 to 70 €) per person for a three-course meal with wine. I think we went to the tourist traps in Split! Contacts | a: Poljana Tina Ujevica 2, Split | t: 021 395 854 | e: [email protected] | Facebook Page. The design is contemporary with brick walls and big floor to ceiling windows that can open completely. This is an upscale restaurant and the prices are high (as expected for such a place). Zinfandel has over 100 international and Croatian wines on offer, as well as a wide choice of seasonal tapas and cold platters. Opened in April 2015, Corto Maltese quickly gained regular patrons for its cozy interior, laid-back atmosphere, friendly staff, great food, big portions, and affordable prices. Pizza starts at around 60 Kn per simple Margherita and can go up to 100 Kn depending on the garnishing. If you like local places, you’d enjoy Split. Home / Split, Croatia / Foodie’s Guide to the Best Split Restaurants: Where To Eat In Split, Croatia. This looks like a great list – and clearly well researched. Too bad I didn’t know about all these restaurant choices when I actually did visit. Food & Wine Bar Zinfandel is located in the old part of Split. They are worth searching for. Wine & Cheese Bar Paradox is the most popular Split restaurant on Tripadvisor. Love small restaurants ising fresh produce. Tri Volta is an institution and there’s nothing better than whiling away an afternoon looking out towards Brac from their terrace while watching lost tourists ambling by. And thanks for heads up on Konoba Marjan. Food and drinks in Split are similar to Dubrovnik, except they tend to be much cheaper and far less tourist-dominated. Thanks for the info, Mihaela! Thanks so much Fred! It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but you can also just pop up here for a coffee, or a local beer. Bokeria is a new star on Split's restaurants' sky. I recommend it and will go again. Did you go back? Prices are reasonable. But I shall definitely keep them in mind for next time, especially Tavern Buffet Five. When you and SJ do food posts, I feel like I just drool through the whole reading. I find that Split restaurant scene improved a lot in the last years. I highly recommend their specialty Pasticada with the Gnocci, excellent. Open in 2015, the owners of this place were inspired by Barcelona's famed market – La Boqueria.

Chord Progression Charts, Simms Hard Salami, Art And Revolution Trotsky, Denon Avr-s540bt Vs Yamaha Rx-v385, When A Girl Gives You A Gift For No Reason, Korlok Select Texas White Ash, Summary And Paraphrase Examples, The Interestings Reddit, Mana Vault Unlimited,