... Birthday gifts such as clothes, flowers, cakes, books or jewelry are some kinds of popular gifts that adults prefer to give in my country, whereas children tend to choose teddy bears or souvenirs for their friends. Yes, I love giving expensive gifts to the ones I love. Well, I like to give shoes, watches, cakes, assorted cookies, branded clothes, good quality chocolates and perfumes as gifts to my near and dear ones. What’s the best present or gift you have ever received? For instance, people usually like to give dry fruits, sweets, chocolates and home decor items as gifts on the occasion of Diwali. Probably a delicious homemade meal is enough to make their day. Make someone’s day (idiom) make an otherwise ordinary or dull day pleasingly memorable for someone. Copyright ©2020 BRpaper. I think gifts are becoming more diverse these days. 1. Questions for Speaking Part 1 the topic Gifts. Gifts are gestures of love.They strengthen bonds of friendship.Gifts make the recipient feel special. I like buying pricey gifts for my family and close friends. It was indeed a pleasant surprise gift and I jumped with joy on receiving it. So I would say for me sending expensive gifts is unpreferable and unnecessary. Probably handmade stuff is currently on top of the list because of their spiritual value. Your email address will not be published. Get ideas on this post. Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox. Why do people send gifts? Since I’m one of those idealists when it comes to buying presents, not often do I buy others gifts, but it doesn’t have to be a special occasion that I send them presents. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. To be a no- no for somebody (expression) to be impossible or inadvisable for someone, To cost SO an arm and a leg (phrase) to be very expensive. Required fields are marked *. To cheer SO up (idiom) to make or become less miserable, To overcome an obstacle (phrase) to succeed in dealing with (a problem or difficulty). Posted on October 27, 2018 October 26, 2018 by admin. You should say: what the gift was; who gave it to you; when you have received it; and explain why it is the best gift/ present you have ever received. How often do you buy others gifts? var mnSrc = (isSSL ? IELTS SPEAKING TEST || Topic: Giving Gift- || Part 1Full Questions and Answers || First of all, expensive gifts may cost me an arm and a leg. And they also don’t need expensive stuff either. What kinds of gifts are popular in your country? Follow-up Questions: And second of all I don’t think my friends, who are my most frequent receivers of my presents, would be actually happy if they know the price. Some people think that nuclear energy is better than other sources of power for meeting ever-increasing global needs, Describe a film you watched or Describe a film that made you think a lot | IELTS Cue Card 2020, Describe a person who you think is very open | IELTS Cue Card 2020, recent IELTS speaking part 1 exam questions. * By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. As such,there is no pressure on us to buy presents.But sometimes when we receive costly presents then there is a … IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card. medianet_width = "300"; The first reason I could think of is to celebrate a big day in the receiver’s life. Teaching Autobiography | 3 Star Candy Shop, Cambridge IELTS Series 01 – 14 (PDF & Audio CD). Another possible reason is to cheer the receiver up, especially when they are overcoming life obstacles. What is the importance of gifts? 1. IELTS Speaking Part 1 Gift: Below are the sample answers talking about gifts or gift-giving. Study how the sample answers are developed and learn topic vocabulary words and collocations for you to get a higher band. Stuffed animals, accessories, jewelries and flowers are too traditional for the young. '&https=1' : ''); var isSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol; Describe the best gift/ present you have ever received. IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 – Topic: Gifts. I think like in most countries we give gifts on special occasions; the main ones would be birthdays, weddings, graduation from college or university, maybe when people buy their first apartment or home; really anything that people think is an event to celebrate. })(); © 2020 Prepare for IELTS Exam with IELTS Lessons on IELTSLibrary.com, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window). It could be his or her birthday, graduation or wedding. It was indeed a pleasant surprise gift and I jumped with joy on receiving it. I believe we should give gifts that one can remember us by. Yes, I love giving expensive gifts … Describe an occasion when you wasted your time | IELTS Cue Card 2020. Idealist (n) a person who is guided more by ideals than by practical considerations. Well, the best gift I received till date is my cell phone. For so many reasons I suppose. medianet_crid = "183431683"; Getting a band 9.0 in IELTS Speaking is possible if you know how to answer strategically. Is there any pressure on us to buy presents? Notify me of follow-up comments by email. 3. Some people think that young people should be required to do unpaid work helping people in the community. 4. document.write(''); Especially to my friends, just a small gift like a handmade bracelet or a simple drawing could make their day. Recent IELTS speaking part 1 exam Question. Stuffed animals (expression) a toy animal made from cloth and filled with a soft material so that it is pleasant to hold, Spiritual value (n) Sth that is especially meaningful and memorable, Make one’s day (phrase) to make an otherwise ordinary or dull day pleasingly memorable for someone. Well sending pricey presents is a no-no for me. Do you give expensive gifts? Good luck! And sometimes it doesn’t have to be a physical gift. IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions Giving Gifts When do people give gifts or presents in your country? medianet_height = "250"; We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously, Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. IELTSassistance.co.uk is registered under Kristof Abrath IČO: 07420609, 542 04, Bernartice 161 Czech Republic. 'https:' : 'http:') + '//contextual.media.net/nmedianet.js?cid=8CUN76781' + (isSSL ? My brother brought an Iphone 10 for me from Canada. (function() { 2. All Rights Reserved. medianet_versionId = "111299"; PART 1 SO’s big day (idiom) a very important or significant day. Gift. Well, the best gift I received till date is my cell phone. People give different kinds of gifts to others depending upon the relation they share with them as well as gifts are chosen by people according to the occasions. My brother brought an Iphone 10 for me from Canada. Are disadvantages of this requirement greater than the benefits for the community and individuals? Speaking Part 1; Speaking Part 2; Vocabulary; Writing; Menu. IELTS Part 1 Topic & Questions: Gifts with Band 9 Model Answers.

Investment Company Malaysia, Memory Management Bsod Bad Ram, Snare Mic Placement Sm57, Design Of Wood Structures 8th Edition Pdf, Violet Animal Crossing: New Horizon, 6 Week Old Belly Button Oozing, Ozone Sanitizer Machine, Sermons On The Greatness Of John The Baptist, Sheet Pan Pork Chops Brussel Sprouts Apples, Calculate The Solubility Of Pbcro4 In Water At 25°c,