Not everyone loves the "dark mode" trend that saw most popular apps get a white-on-black color scheme, but I'm a lifelong fan. Worse, the setting for dark mode – typically located under Settings - General Settings - Theme – is totally gone as well. There have been dozens of user reports claiming that Gmail has turned to its original light theme without any user action or trigger. Lost my Gmail dark mode and this make me first world angry. My iPhone's Gmail doesn't have the dark mode option either, and I'm quite sure I've had it before. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe. ©2020 But a couple of Androids I have on my hands are all missing the option, so something's definitely awry. Mashable, MashBash and Mashable House are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. It's not just me. Whatever you do, don't panic. is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Gmail was one of the last apps that was served with the dark mode by Google starting from October 2019. Over the past day, several users have reported that the Gmail dark theme has … Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Better Business Bureau Accredited Business. Godspeed. We're using cookies to improve your experience. One Reddit suggestion, via Android Police, was to restart my phone, but I've tried that to no avail, and it doesn't appear to be working for most users with this issue. I've asked Google about this and will update the article when I hear back. So far, there doesn’t appear to be a clear solution for restoring the dark mode toggle in Gmail (via the hamburger icon > Settings > General Settings > Theme). In the meantime, if you've suffered the same terrible fate, I've got a couple of handy suggestions for you: reduce your phone's brightness to a minimum, don't use Gmail on mobile unless absolutely necessary, hire a temporary assistant to follow you around and read your emails aloud to you. Imagine, then, my surprise when I opened Gmail on my phone this morning and instead of the comfort of darkness I was subjected to the app's horribly white, default look. The highly anticipated Gmail dark mode widely rolled out to Android 10 in late October. Lost my Gmail dark mode and this make me first world angry — Jen (@scotsinkilts) February 3, 2020 My iPhone's Gmail doesn't have the dark mode option either, and I'm quite sure I've had it before. Twitter is teeming with darkness enthusiasts complaining about dark mode missing from Gmail, mostly on Android. It's worth noting that on iOS, dark mode still hasn't rolled out for all users. We will survive this crisis together. It's good for your phone's battery (if you have an OLED screen), it's easier on the eyes, and it's just plain cooler to look at. However, going by user reports, the dark theme is now missing from several devices running Android 10. Hold strong.

Ferocactus Wislizeni Flower, Klipsch Subwoofer R-12sw, Ap Calculus Ab Practice Test Pdf, Can I Substitute Tomato Sauce For Crushed Tomatoes, Latest News On Birds, James Lee Cambridge, Heineken Jobs Tadcaster, Goa To Bangalore Bus Distance,