Thanks. Has 7 years experience. That depends on the school you are applying to and their acceptance rate. For my school it was greater than 3.5 for the acute program. Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. A lot of FNP programs (not all obviously) are not competitive. Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe. Our members represent more than 60 professional nursing specialties. My GPA in school was 3.28 I believe. Check with schools that you are interested in. allnurses.com, INC, 7900 International Drive #300, Bloomington MN 55425 I've seen some PhD or DNP programs that want 3.5 or higher. Specializes in Med-Surg, Trauma, Ortho, Neuro, Cardiac. Since you’re interested in a DNP, if you can get involved in evidence-based practice committee or do a project at your workplace, that would really help distinguish you as an applicant. While people with lower GPAs have been admitted to NP school it will also depend on what else you are bringing to the table. Thanks! Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU. Our members represent more than 60 professional nursing specialties. Most schools also look at the whole candidate, not just the GPA. It’s certainly possible to get into a program with your GPA especially if you have experience, excellent recommendations, specialty certification, and anything else to make your application stand out. Sorry for such a vague answer but it's true and from what I have gathered a competitive GPG can be 3.5 or higher ....just my 2 cents. Our members represent more than 60 professional nursing specialties. GPA is one criterion but a criterion that they use to make a cut and help them narrow the field when they have multiple applicants and only a limited number of spots. allnurses.com, INC, 7900 International Drive #300, Bloomington MN 55425 That depends on the school you are applying to and their acceptance rate. I also do volunteer ER response for a church in my area. In general, most programs want a 3.0 or higher for acceptance to NP programs. Many programs will consider applicants with GPA below 3.0 if you have a reasonable explanation for the lower grades. Sorry for such a vague answer but it's true and from what I have gathered a competitive GPG can be 3.5 or higher ....just my 2 cents. Normally I would not have been confident about my BSN gpa but I have a fabulous work history(resume was required in applications) and my educational history shows I complete programs successfully. Do might sharing the name of this program? 1-612-816-8773. No high GPA, GRE, or experience required. It absolutely depends on several variables. Sorry for such a vague answer but it's true and from what I have gathered a competitive GPG can be 3.5 or higher ....just my 2 cents. By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies. Nibbles1 said: All of the NP schools I've seen say you must have at least 3.0 GPA. My point: there's other ways, not just your gpa , to make yourself a strong candidate for NP school. Has 27 years experience. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe. allnurses is a Nursing Career, Support, and News Site. 3.4 shouldn't be a problem in and of itself. Do you have work experience in another field? Agree with Cococure. Specializes in Med-Surg, Trauma, Ortho, Neuro, Cardiac. Agree with Cococure. Above 3.4 - 3.5 to be competitive. Do you have other experience volunteering? Not what I wish it was but it is what it is. By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies. Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. There are FNP programs out there that will admit pretty much anyone. I am looking to apply to a DNP program and was wondering what the typical GPA is of people who have gotten in? Above 3.4 - 3.5 to be competitive. I presented with a 3.92 and was admitted. Most schools also look at the whole candidate not just the GPA. 1-612-816-8773. Dec 28, 2019. While people with lower GPAs have been admitted to NP school it will also depend on what else you are bringing to the table. I have 2 bachelors degrees with a 3.78 in my BA and a 3.4 in my BSN. Is it possible to get into school with this GPA? Has 31 years experience. Specializes in Anesthesia. allnurses is a Nursing Career, Support, and News Site. It really boils down to the other applicants you are competing against for a seat at that point in time. Reputable schools are willing to provide stats like average GPA or admitted students. What is considered a "competitive" GPA for acceptance into NP School? Specializes in Critical Care and ED. There are so many programs now, my buddy got in with a 2.5. While most schools will give you a minimum acceptable GPA for acceptance, the average GPA of accepted applicants is often much higher. allnurses is a Nursing Career, Support, and News Site. Seems like Acute care NP programs are more competitive because there are less overall slots though. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe.

Disadvantages Of Problem Solving In Education, Ground Turkey Pasta Spinach, Liftmaster 821lm Manual, Water Sprouts On Citrus Trees, Sonic Logo 2020, Baby Mallard Duck, Is Stearic Acid Safe, Nitrogen Sink Definition,