Repeat. It’s so delicious. Egg noodles, ground beef, diced tomatoes and cheese and a few other ingredients are all you need. It was called something else and had 3 layers, more similar to lasagna with the final layer being the ramaining half of the noodles then topped with cheese and green onions. Top with the ground beef mixture. 10 mins. Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes; remove foil and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Tent with foil. It’s one of my favorites. Drain well. Once hot add the onions and bell peppers. I recommend cooking them a minute or two less than the package instructions. Thank you:). Be sure the cream cheese is softened so that it blends into the sauce. Like my kids went to school for maybe a week before the caught the bug. Cook wide egg noodles in water and drain. The cream cheese mixture should be smooth. Combine the Colby jack and sharp cheddar cheese and set to the side. They’re no longer sick and back in school. Filed Under: Beef Recipes, Ground beef, One Pot Recipes, Pasta, Recipe Index, Thanksgiving. She called it Super Supper Casserole. Since the casserole is chilled, it will take longer to bake, so add 15 minutes to the baking time. Remove foil; sprinkle with shredded cheese. You don’t want big chunks of ground beef in the casserole, so with your wooden spoon or spatula, chop up the ground beef very well. This is a great starter recipe. Egg noodles are tossed with cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Since the casserole is chilled, it will take longer to bake, so add 15 minutes or so to the baking time. Over medium high heat, add the vegetable oil to the skillet. Sorry, had to do it lol. Drain well. Any type of shredded cheddar is perfect. To finish it off, top with the mozzarella cheese. Like I can probably eat the whole pan in one day haha! Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. But I actually did spread it close to the edge but forgot to snap a pic! I like to use 85% fat ground beef. You’ll have dinner ready in no time! Next. Next, in this order, add the mixture of colby jack and sharp cheddar cheese. Trust me. Mix well. But it’s not a good idea to use a cast iron skillet in the fridge. Tent foil over the skillet or baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t worry if some of the edge noodles aren’t completely covered. CAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE BE MADE IN ADVANCE? It’s best to use a baking pan and prepare it per the recipe but do not add the cheese or cook it. For the cheese, you can add your favorite cheeses. Cook the noodles in salted water then drain. They are going to gobble it up fast girl! They’re no longer sick and back in school. To the skillet add tomato sauce, sour cream, softened cream cheese, sugar, and garlic salt and stir until combined. For real! This looks amazing. Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. I like the fact I can use ground turkey with this recipe as I mostly have it in my freezer. Add extra cheese if you like. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat … Repeat. Do not add in the mozzarella cheese. I recommend cooking them a minute or two less than the package instructions. It was something my grandmother made often and later taught me to make. Drain the beef then add it back to the skillet. Learn how your comment data is processed. Thanks, it was awesome seeing this recipe online after a lifetime of making it from memory! I’m seriously drooling just reading through your description of this gooey, egg noodle beef casserole. Looking for more ground beef recipes? It's the best casserole ever! I haven’t tried adding beans. You say you can finish it all in a day; I bet I could finish it all in one meal! Wonder if you ever tried putting a can of beans in with it. You can use an electric mixer too but it's not really necessary. Keep a bag in your pantry and you'll always have a family friendly meal at your fingertips. I love hearing warm stories like yours. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the vegetable oil. Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet; remove from heat and drain excess grease if needed. Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. My family absolutely loves it! FYI, use two cups of macaroni. ashtonroby. Ground beef is cooked in a seasoned rich tomato sauce. Add the beef back to the skillet. Keep an eye on the casserole otherwise, it will burn. When you’re ready to bake the casserole, add the cheese. This homestyle ground beef casserole recipe will become your family’s favorite easy dinner. Add the beef and cook until browned. If you’re craving comfort food tonight, grab a package of ground beef and make this casserole, you won’t be disappointed. Next, in this order, add the mixture of Colby jack and sharp cheddar cheese. Cook until browned. You can use an electric mixer at this point but it’s not really necessary. My 5 year old caught the bug next. In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer 1/2 cooked egg noodles and 1/2 beef … Pour the diced tomatoes with it’s juices into the the pan, along with the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and the rest of the seasonings. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine the Colby jack and sharp cheeses. Add the ground beef to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the garlic and cook until it’s fragrant. uncooked medium egg noodles, ground beef, onion,diced ( about 1 cup), (10 3/4 0z.each) campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup, water, frozen crinkle cut,or sliced carrots,thawed, sour cream. Make this homestyle ground beef casserole to suit your own taste. Bake for 30 minutes. especially for those nights when short on time or just don’t feel like cooking. https://sweetphi.com/5-ingredient-cheesy-beef-egg-noodle-casserole-recipe If you’re tired of the same ground beef recipes, you MUST try this easy recipe. Lol, my kids call it ghetto lasagna or white lasagna but its still a family favorite! gona make this soon. Add the drained egg noodles to the cream cheese mixture. So school started back after labor day but why were so many kids (including mine) sick so soon? Thank you Theresa! Set oven to broil. Your email address will not be published. In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onions; drain excess grease if needed. Fabulous dinner that is easy to make yet hard to forget Love those 3 cheeses – they sound extra delicious! Cover with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Pride of Iowa Cookies – An Old Fashioned Cookie Recipe ». I know the pic above doesn’t show the meat sauce spread to the edges. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-with-egg-noodles Cover this beef noodle casserole for the first 30 minutes; remove the foil and leave it off once the cheese is added. Next, spread it evenly over the noodles. The ingredients in your recipe a staple in our pantry, so I will be making it soon. It is the perfect time for casseroles like this. Church Windows Candy – An Old Fashioned Candy Recipe, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. Saute for a few minutes. Spread the egg noodles mixture evenly then top with ground beef mixture. Homestyle deliciousness! Big chunks are not. Egg noodles are tossed with cream cheese, sour cream … Yup this one is definitely quick throw together meal. I like a lot of recipes I see on you’re site.

Fallout 4 Intro Cinematic Theme Music, Chamberlain Power Drive 3/4 Hp Garage Door Opener, Heineken Keg 5l, Junior Project Manager Interview Questions, How To Mic A Violin, Rum Runner Pirate Ship St Augustine, Redwood Canker Treatment, Spicy Korean Stir Fry, Yorgo's Hummus Whole Foods,