Super easy and yes super fun. I serve this with orange slices, English muffins, and sliced tomatoes. I’m glad that she made this for you and that you got to experience it from a Mexican lady, maybe she made it for her children too. I like your version MUCH better! Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes. I love eating this dish with warm corn tortillas and pickled jalapeños, like breakfast tacos. I’ve actually seen seafood hot dogs out there, although it’s been ages — they might be fun in this dish. I was never a big fan of the regular hot dogs and found that I like these veggie ones better. MexicanMadeMeatless.com & Nancy Lopez-McHugh. Have you tried BIO-Natural on 10th or the new one on 5th between 40 & 42 streets? I really can't remember the first time I had eggs with hot dogs - I know it was many, many years ago. Ingredients per person: one vegan hot dog, sliced into even-sized thickness 2 medium eggs one Tablespoon of unsalted butter Tortillas, eggs, peppers (I use fresh roasted pablanos). From Dac I also like to sometimes get their veggie burgers and the chorizo, neither are the best but do the job when the cravings strike. . I’m not sure if other people Latin American countries also eat this breakfast, so to me it is a very Mexican one. They are most commonly eaten as […], Your email address will not be published. Find 'em grilled, bunless, in casserole, too. If you are Mexican or have Mexican friends, then you know this egg and hot dog meal very well. Thanks Frank! Now turn the heat down to low and crack the eggs into the pan, gently break the yolk and begin mixing (or scrambling) the eggs into the hot dogs. Tomato & Arbol Chile Salsa | Salsa de Jitomate y Chiles de Arbol, Carrot & Cabbage Tinga Tostadas | Tinga de zanahoria y repollo (col), one vegan hot dog, sliced into even-sized thickness. , Wow, really I always just assumed that it was only here that we ate it — then again, it’s such an obvious combination isn’t it? Thank you and I hope you satisfy that kid in you with this breakfast. Our quick, easy hot dog recipes are quite frankly the best. I buy the ones pictured here because they don’t have many preservatives and are made with a mixture of part gluten and part soy. Now that I’m a pescetarian I’m actually thrilled to have discovered vegan hot dogs — which, I am very happy to report taste better (to me) than the meat slurry ones. What, seafood hot dogs?! Every Mexican kid grew up eating this dish and many of us continue to enjoy it as adults. Thanks John! Heat a pan and once hot add the butter, allow to melt. But occasionally when I get nostalgic I wake up and want to fill my soul with childhood memories of favorite breakfast foods. A great breakfast for the kid in me. Our quick, easy hot dog recipes are quite frankly the best. Find 'em grilled, bunless, in casserole, too. Hm, so it’s just an international childhood breakfast. This should keep the egg mixture from getting too dry. My husband says that these are okay, but I quite enjoy them. In this version we use vegan hot dogs but still achieve that nostalgic taste. Add beaten egg and stir to scramble together. Funny, I actually remember something pretty similar from my childhood, scrambled eggs with slices of kielbasa (Polish sausage). I always eat cheese on my hot dogs anyway, because I’m a cheese hound, so I like the idea of the macaroni and cheese dog. Once the butter is melted add the sliced hot dogs and saute until they become a little crispy on the outside. This is an easiest recipes to make and a fun way to eat breakfast. I recall seeing a show on television and they were talking about Mexican hot dogs, somewhere in the southwest portion of the United States. Lower the heat in the skillet, pour in the eggs, and sprinkle the cheese on top. Oh that is so sweet, Greg. Enjoy. You could also stuff the eggs and hot dogs into some Mexican bread rolls. My cousins, friends and every Mexican person I know has eaten this dish as a kid — and actually many continue to eat it as adults. Love the slices of peppers and then wrapping in a tortilla. Thank you so much for following and glad to hear you liked the wraps — still one of my faves too. Pin640 Maybe some of you have once heard about a Mexican hot dog, and might have questioned it, much like I did. Yes, we check those markets out regularly and you are right, slowly but surely more options are arriving in Playa. Add the yellow onion and cook, … We are slowly getting more vegan options here in Playa but still have a long way to go. My name is Nancy, you may know me as Spicie Foodie. We buy them at Dac from the counter where they have the other veggie meats. Some kids like to have ketchup served with this — it’s really up to everyone to enjoy as they wish. There is also the organics & vegan store on 26th street which carries some veggie meats. . Slice hot dog into about 1/4 in slices and brown in a little vegetable oil. Cook, stirring often, until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Good luck! Fun dish! Thank you! Really? Lastly, serve with sliced jalapeños and hot sauce for older kids and/or adults. Hi! Just before egg mixture is completely cooked remove skillet to a hot pad. […], […] cut oats are a very popular breakfast food. then found this one looking for vegan Mexican recipes- so cool that you’re the author of this one too and living in the same town !! Total Carbohydrate It's good with just the eggs and dogs, but also good with diced green bell peppers and diced onions with cheddar cheese. Whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook until eggs have set and to your desired doneness. They have some seasonings too and we’ve found them to be a perfect replacement for the real thing. Thanks for reminding me. These are some great ideas to add some zip to a regular stand-by. But you can really eat it as you’d like. Dutt & Wagner is a full-service wholesale, food distributor with a full line of hot dog and sausage products. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a21969649/keto-dogs-recipe My mother made this when I was a kid but she used Vienna Sausage from a can! I do however make an exception for these vegan hot dogs when the craving for the egg scramble strikes. Welcome to my new blog where I'm sharing my journey as a Pescetarian as well as Mexican recipes made vegan, vegetarian and pescetarian Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Nancy Lopez-McHugh MexicanMadeMeatless.com, Scrambled Eggs with (Vegan) Hot Dogs: A Very Mexican Kid Breakfast. Cut the hot dogs into 1/2" pieces. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/mexican-breakfast I’ve cooked it for more than 2 decades! My criteria for making it requires only 3 things. Years ago when hubby and I spent a year sailing our boat through mexico, from Ensenada to Huatulco, somewhere I ate this, and loving it so much, created my own version. , […] Not sure about you but I’m not a big fan of waking up and dragging my sleepy butt into the kitchen for an extended period of time. My husband and I like to stay away from the processed faux meats because, well processed food is very unhealthy and they just don’t taste as good as the original ones. Growing up this is one of the breakfasts my mother made often for my siblings and me. Add the sliced hot dogs stir and cook for 2 more minutes. We are also vegan and get a few “meat” items from Dak but I haven’t been able to find a good hot dog anywhere..including Dak! Where do you get these hot dogs in Playa? This dish is new to me and I would love to try it. Hot dogs are a great go-to food when you’re in a hurry and when you don’t have a lot of time to fix a meal. That’s just perfect! Required fields are marked *. I do love the burgers and soyrizo from Dak. I’ve never been a big fan of hot dogs, and when I used to eat the “meat” ones this way was one of the very few ways I would eat them. Slice hot dog into about 1/4 in slices and brown in a little vegetable oil. See 5 authoritative translations of Hot dog in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations. I’ve actually had the meat version of this made for me many times by a wonderful Mexican woman I used to know. Serve hot. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Wow, Stasia what a small World we live in right? Preparation and cooking times are an estimate. Without the chiles and tortillas, of course… But that sounds awfully good! Translate Hot dog. 0 %, Scrambled Eggs With Fines Herbes and Tomatoes, Scrambled Eggs With Tomato, Cheddar and Cilantro. BTW I followed Spicie Foodie for years (vegan portobello steak wraps are my fave!) I think it comes from the days when we use to fry bologna slices. 2.2 g Additional and Optional Ingredients for Serving: If you are making these for adults you can also try sautéing some finely chopped onion and raw jalapeño bits with the hot dogs to give the dish another depth of adult flavours. There isn’t much of a recipe, it is more of a guide so do feel free to adjust and tweak to your or your child’s preference.

Is Gochujang Spicy, Pest Control Supplies Near Me, Capsule Wardrobe 2020, Fort Lauderdale Police, White Mountain Cider Company Menu, How Much Do Salons Charge To Remove Acrylic Nails, Soy Sauce Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing, Drivers License Appointment, Beverly Park California,