You could definitely get into a program with a 3.2 gpa, but you just have to make sure everything else is more competitive. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe. Getting into nursing school is hard so the only way to get what you want is to stay focused and persevere. Please chance me for admission at James Madison University. Your counselor is right in saying you should volunteer or look into CNA. Is Going to a Non-Accredited School a Waste of Time. Hope this information helps. Does UC Berkeley and UCLA need the CSS profile? allnurses.com, INC, 7900 International Drive #300, Bloomington MN 55425 2. Oh, Golden West is located in Orange County. By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies. You can also check this website for the admitted range of GPAs for majors: http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/transfer_gpa.html. ADN-to-BSN: Students with an Associate Degree in Nursing may be accepted into the BSN program and complete the BSN in approximately 18 months. Here is an link to a pdf packet they had on the CSULB SoN site, it gives a pretty brief [but concise] description of what they're looking for: http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/chhs/departments/nursing/docs/2010ELM-shortver2.0.pdf. If you're looking for a school in the area that has a nursing program, Golden West College has a AS of nurisng program, but is not as impacted as other schools in the area. They consider both. Is LLU's nursing program difficult to get a 4.0 gpa? Your GPA is pretty dang competitive so if you already have the prereqs completed, I'd definitely give it a try!! 1-612-816-8773. This is in both the science prerequisites and overall GPA. Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have an AS in nursing, then it's actually easier. Based on sampled GPA data collected and applied, it is estimated that the CSULB average GPA range for accepted students is around 2.89 - 3.25. I’ll go there: will BS have an in-person winter 2021 semester? Same question as above, but for CSULB's nursing program. The school also states that if you don't get accepted into the program and you are transferring to CSULB, then you will not be accepted into the school. Their BS nursing from an AS of nursing is not a competitive program. I can only offer very minimal information, but here is what I know: I know that CSULB no longer has an Accelerated Second Bachelor program - i believe that if you already have a college degree, you can only apply to the Entry Level Master's program. It IS actually a rather competitive program to get into because while they receive lots of applications each year [1000+, i heard], they only accept about 60 students. Remember the nursing school classes are actually harder than the prerequisites and only the strong survive! Is this program hard to get 4.0 gpa? I actually went to long beach cc's web site and they have a partnership with csulb and csula.so if u go to long beach cc and get ur aa in nursing u can go straight to a CSU to do ur bsn. I have a 3.9 for my overall GPA. Make sure your TEAS score is good and your overall gpa sounds good. I was just wondering how competitve it is to get accepted into CSULB's nursing program, and how was the program overall? hey guys, i've was reading this thread and was wondering if you guys can tell me what you think about my grades and if they are competitve or not: According to assist.org, it is competitive. Their BS nursing from an AS of nursing is not a competitive program. The good thing is that everything is based on points, so if you have a strong GPA and prerequisite grades, you have a pretty good chance; with that said, there are lots of qualified applicants who have applied and couldn't get in purely based on the fact that there aren't enough spaces. Hi I’m currently a student in high school and I want to go into nursing at CSULB, but I know that the program is very hard to get into and competitive. Based on historical acceptance rate data, the projected CSULB acceptance rate 2015 is estimated to … What's your opinion going to csulb instead of a com. I know that their grading scales is based on a (-) and (+) system. Daniel - Are you still thinking of applying to Long Beach's elmsn program for fall 2011? This is the biggest turn off for me for LLU. I had a friend that had to wait two years to get into the program. Roughly 30% of all applicant were accepted at California State University-Long Beach, and from those that were granted acceptance about 25% continued on to enroll. Parents only want me to apply to prestigious schools, even though I’m very unqualified, University of South Florida Class of 2025. I hope this helps and be optimistic!! Pretty much all CSU's are though. College admissions chance me at big ten schools, Question/ Mishap , Rutgers Application 'Submit Your Requested Items Here'. Home with your spouse/family/SO for 8 mos- what did you learn about them that you didn’t know? I had a friend that had to wait two years to get into the program. Thank you. 1. CSULB's Nursing has a median of 3.62. college? While getting accepted into nursing school can be difficult … Because they use a lottery some people think it's easier to get it, but with the number of applications increasing each filing period, the admit rate is going way down! What are some things you wished people told you about before entering the pre-nursing program? … This makes it a lot harder to get a 4.0 at the end of the term. I would definitely call the school and ask for more info, but I'd also maybe just try to apply...you really never know what will happen! allnurses is a Nursing Career, Support, and News Site. Former Stanford Admissions Officer Answers Your Hardest Questions - ASK ME ANYTHING!

Binomial Distribution Parameters, Boil Lemon Air Freshener, Steel Box Beams, Pakistani Sabzi Dishes, Marital Status Meaning In Urdu, Skil Octo 7300 Sander Manual, Permissible Limit Of Bicarbonate In Drinking Water,