Tall marigolds – they’re a true gift to the garden! Hopefully, it’ll help make your holiday season as special as possible. If you are planting French marigold seeds indoors, they need a warm area. Deadheading the spent blooms will also keep the plants tidier and encourage more flowering. Preferred Commerce. The seed was transported to other countries by plant explorers. As with most bedding plants, there are a few factors to take into consideration when you are thinking of how to plant French marigolds. Where I live in Southern California, you can sow them right into a full-sun spot in your garden from March through August. Create a bountiful bouquet! Once established, these flowers need little care other than watering when it’s quite warm or dry – though container grown plants require more watering. Any flower in this plant series would make a great first choice for your garden. Flowering – May to September.. They’re really tall – reaching 3 feet! They are often wider than they are tall. You can start them yourself from seed (and watch your neighbors cry out in envy when those luscious tall beauties begin to bloom). The 1-to 4-inch flowers may appear rounded, tufted, or shaggy in shades of … Read on to learn more about the planting and care of French marigolds. Marigolds have been a garden staple for decades. French marigold is a plant that exhibits very beautiful flowers during the summer.. French marigold key facts. Once the seeds are planted, it takes 7 to 14 days for the plant to pop up. French marigolds are an easy to grow annual that will bloom brightly all summer long. If you are planting French marigold seeds indoors, they need a warm area. These plants are small, bushy annuals with flowers up to two inches across. French marigolds add a bold pop of color. Which tall marigolds are the best? French marigolds can be easily grown from seed or purchased as bedding plants. I’ve had them last for more than a week when they’re at their peak bloom in midsummer, and they simply shine wherever I place the vase in the house. The good news is the seeds aren’t hard to start, and you can find them in a just about any garden center or supermarket. Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips! This is a great plant to start from seed. Elegant and eye-catching, they have relatively demure flowers and usually grow from 6 inches to 2 feet tall. They also thrive in pots, and a pot of marigolds here and there will add a splash of color to your landscape. It seems like there is a new marigold shade or petal type introduced each year. (You can also look online and in a variety of seed catalogs to find different colors.) container grown plants require more watering, African Marigold Care: How To Grow African Marigolds, Growing Marigold Flowers: How To Grow Marigolds, Mahogany Seed Propagation – How To Plant Mahogany Seeds, Autumn Succulent Wreath – How To Make A Succulent Wreath For Fall, Mibuna Mustard Greens: How To Grow Mibuna Greens, Grateful Gardening: How To Show Garden Gratitude, Lawn Care For Sedum: How To Grow Sedum In My Lawn, Mycorrhizal Fungi Information – Benefits Of Mycorrhizal Fungi In Soil, Growing Dwarf Lilacs – Learn About Common Dwarf Lilac Varieties, Using Thyme For Lawn Substitute: Growing A Creeping Thyme Lawn, Thanksgiving Tradition: Turning Homegrown Pumpkins Into Pie, Growing Thanksgiving Dinner – Must Have Turkey Side Dishes, Interesting Uses For Pecans: What To Do With Pecans, The Bountiful Garden: Bringing The Garden To Thanksgiving. Once you’ve got your seeds picked out, get ready to plant! I’ve actually had passersby spot these lovely annuals blooming in a front flower bed and stop to ask me what they were! Can’t locate any in your neck of the woods? Tall marigolds (also known as African marigolds or Tagetes erecta) are some of the most strikingly beautiful flowers around. If you can find them, scoop a few up for your garden! With our brand new eBook, featuring our favorite DIY projects for the whole family, we really wanted to create a way to not only show our appreciation for the growing Gardening Know How community, but also unite our community to help every one of our neighbors in need during these unprecedented times.

Pistachio Crème Pâtissière, Tomatillo Avocado Cream Sauce, Lemon Cobbler Cake, Why Is My Honeysuckle Dying, Best Cantabrian Anchovies, What Relationship Was John The Baptist To Jesus, Tuna Sashimi Calories Per Piece, Substitute For Progresso Recipe Starters Fire Roasted Tomato, Orange Colored Sky Key,