Cook until each side is dark brown. Drag the flour-coated slices through the beaten eggs just before you place them in the hot oil. I bet these would be like candy, impossible to resist!! CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. I might do it if the zucchini is older, but regular Italian ones don’t really need peeling. No breadcrumbs for the coating, just a very small amount of flour and some eggs. Cut up your zucchini and dehydrate the disks until they are bone dry. I fried this amount of slices in 3 batches, I had 26 pieces. I really don’t feel the need to deep fry these slices, shallow-frying works perfectly, and I don’t have to deal with the tons of used oil afterward. try that too sometimes. If you're looking to make your own fried zucchini at home, Khalil has some tips for you. I usually make these with sunflower oil but I will try them with lard next time. 2 large zucchini. It is your choice, you can do it or not. The oil should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. My Greek grandmother would sometimes make Romanian dishes and while I never had this one, it tasted very familiar to me. Only salt the pan-fried zucchini before serving. Cut them straight, uniform, maybe a quarter of an inch thick. Place 5-6 zucchini sticks into the hot oil and leave them in the oil for about 3 minutes. To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). If it turns too dark too quickly, lower the heat a bit more. And for some of us, so many zukes means we're looking for novel ways to make use of these versatile veggies. would go well as a snack or even as s side with a main right? You will lose that when the zucchini coins are cold, but still, I like them cold just as much as I like them hot. I love simple recipes! Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem. Pan fry zucchini until crust browns and zucchini … And bread crumbs in the third bowl. have a nice weekend. I didn’t know it’s a typical food in Romania. If you're one of those people who started a backyard garden this season for the first time, you might be harvesting your first zucchini right about now. Only add more oil between the batches if necessary and leave the fried zucchini … Leave it as an open sandwich or place another slice of bread on top. Drag each zucchini slice through the beaten eggs just before placing in the pan. Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Fry on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Add about 1 tablespoon extra oil before adding the next batch. It can be used like a gluten-free flour. Slice, coat lightly with flour and beaten eggs and fry in the pan. Have a nice weekend! Salt and pepper slices to taste. Nutritional information is not always accurate. Check the underside, it should be golden brown. It is quick, it only needs four ingredients and it is very cheap, if the zucchini is in season this will probably not cost you more than 1 Euro for the whole batch. The fried zucchini can be served as a light summer meal with bread, tomatoes, garlic sauce and if you like, some crumbled feta on top. Coat zucchini slices with flour on both sides. I especially like the idea of putting the remains into a sandwich. Fry in small batches until golden, remove and place on a plate with paper towels to soak up excess oil. Make zucchini powder/flour. Hurray! Cut zucchini in long, uniform strips, about a quarter inch thick. How to fry zucchini in a simple, quick way? So yummy, I will for sure be making this again! Enjoy! By registering to our newsletter, you confirm the usage of your email to receive recent posts from WhereIsMySpoon, @2018 - Where Is My Spoon. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. Easy fried zucchini with flour: a delicious way of enjoying zucchini in summer. From simple healthy soups to sumptuous cakes for special occasions, all our recipes have been tried and loved by our family and our friends. Oh gosh Adina – this is JUST in time for all the zucchini that is coming into season right this minute. Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and dried herbs of your choice to add to the flour. It’s not in Asia, I was only exposed to it after I came to the U.S. We reserve the right to close comments at any time. Coat them with flour and shake gently to remove the excess. Only add more oil between the batches if necessary and leave the fried zucchini on kitchen towels while you fry the next batch. … Use a non-stick or cast-iron pan to fry the veggie coins, this way you can reduce the amount of fat needed for the frying. Privacy Policy, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. wow! I call it flour because it is ground up to the texture of a multigrain flour. I am using the dry canister for the Vitamix. If they turn too dark too soon, turn the heat even lower. vegetable oil (or lard) for shallow frying. The procedure is the same. Thank you so much for posting this recipe! Heat the oil in a non-stick or cast-iron pan, 2-3 tablespoons depending on its size. And it is healthier this way. Remove from the pan and fry the next batch adding more fat if necessary. Roasted Garlic Aioli or Ranch dressing make a great dip for adding even more flavor to these Fried Zucchini rounds. Box 500 Station A Toronto, ON Canada, M5W 1E6. When freshly fried the crust will be crispier. You will find lots of Romanian and German recipes, but not only. I had a relatively large zucchini of about 450 g/ 1 lb. We do love zucchini, I cook them really often in summer when they seem to be growing like weeds in all the gardens around here. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini (with Cheese). There may be affiliate links within the post, see my, Harlequin Cake Recipe – Romanian Layered Cake. If you cut them in little wheels, it's not going to work. They are always the tastiest. AMAZING. Learn how to make the best Fried Zucchini in a few simple steps. Lightly shake them off and coat them with flour. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Heat your vegetable oil in a large frying pan to 325 F. Shake excess water off the zucchini, dip in flour, then dip in egg wash, and then coat in bread crumbs.

Is Online Poker Legal In Ny, Doughnut French Toast Nigella, Matcha Jak Zrobić, Barilla Classic Genovese Pesto, Sealy Hybrid Premium™ Silver Chill 14" Firm Mattress, Samsung Rf28k9380sr Service Manual, Sbi Mobile Banking, How Many Physician Assistants In Florida, Kalorik 26 Quart Digital Maxx,