Used kosher salt and garlic powder. I cooked at 225 and they were burnt after 12 minutes. Hi Maria, perhaps the kale you got wasn’t good? Now I added the mint in and wait another month or so. My oven is fine, and everything else was followed to the T. I don’t have a convection oven so maybe that was the problem, but they are soggy and even tough. Serve as finger food. Thanks for the recipe ? Love, love, love! Next line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment and set aside next grab a few leaves and roll them in your hands like you would to warm your hands in the winter. Freakin Fantastic! YUMMY!! Watch closely as it can burn easily. That said, I have a Foodsaver so I’m going to try using it and see how well it works. I just made these, they turned out perfectly! I wrote this out lastnight then scrapped it till I knew how they came out! Can I use red Russian kale or a flat kale that I have in my garden? Can that work too? That would be our best guess! Preheated my oven to 300 degrees! They came out perfect and so delicious!!! xo. The first batch I ate all of them before I could transfer them to a container, it was that addictive! haha yay! Very tasty, crisp, perfect texture. You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. I put it on parchment paper. Steam the kale then immediatey rinse or submerge into cold water. They are so light and very addicting! Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (107 C). Took large bowl , 2 cups of kale, 1 tablespoon of extra light tasting olive oil, garlic & herb salt free McCormick perfect pinch, all natural ground turmeric and smoked paprika! Sheet Pan Chicken: 50 Simple and Satisfying Ways to Cook Dinner. Instead of oil, I use nutbutter or seedbutter (or peanut butter), which is kind of mushy at first, but it tastes great when baked at 250 for 15 minutes in a convection, countertop oven. It’s super helpful! Back into oven and turn it on to 150’f with the convection going for about 10 minutes. I use 1 TBSP olive oil & 1 TBSP of an Italian herb mix. Tear or cut the kale leaves into bite-size pieces. Toss thoroughly to combine, using hands to distribute the oil and seasonings evenly. It’s much better flavor than the store bought Kale that I purchased 2 days ago. This is what makes it tender, especially for curly kale, in really small pieces, about 2″ max. I would recommend storing them in an airtight container to keep them as fresh as possible. I did out of curiosity and trying to eat a little better. If your bunch of kale was on the smaller side, that’s possible! This helps the kale get crispy. Anyway if you buy 5-10 bunches of kale it will reduce to a fraction of what you begin with. Is it possible that they were dehydrated and some way? For extra flavor, sprinkle on a dusting of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. So I pulled the plants and wondered what to do with them. yeast, and a liberal amount of salt. Thanks for sharing! my kids love it too LOL, Thanks so much for the lovely review, Nancy. But watch carefully to prevent burning! The secret is in massaging the lightly-oiled kale for at least several minutes with your hands, really squeezing and almost crushing it. I’m so pleased. They are hardy and hold thier shape well. Xo. Place these on the wax paper spacing about 1″ and 1″ for next row. That’s great that they kept well! Next time would you mind adding a rating to your review? My oven takes a bit more time, but you nailed it perfectly: slow and low. I love this! But make sure to use a ton of kale and have an extra set of helping hands. This is a great recipe. Well done, great instructions. I split it up and made thiem with 2 different seasonings, one with garlic olive oil and New Orleans Cajun seasoning and the other with basil oil with smoked paprika and salt. We made this yesterday. This is a sure thing that you cant burn or ruin! Thanks so much for sharing, Jade! It’s super helpful for us and other readers. I used olive oil , garlic salt, and taco seasoning. Bake the kale for 20 minutes. Made these with EVOO, garlic salt and Romano. I had recently bought a large bag of tripled wash kale from my local store! It all starts with washing and drying the kale, then removing the stems and tearing the kale into smaller pieces. We are so glad you enjoyed them! Again look it up before you laugh. We recommend watching carefully in step 5 to prevent burning. How do I preserve those chips for few days ? We hope you enjoy these chips! So yummy! I made about 4 batches and they ae delish! Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Thank you for the idea! Use convection bake if you have it to speed cooking time … We are so glad you enjoyed them! The lower temperature will help draw out moisture and encourage crispiness! I waited till i tried this recipe. I spread over 3 trays & added Japanese chili & sesame. Thanks for sharing, Bria! Thanks for sharing! Pop one in the bag with the kale chips it will keep them crispy, Put a few grains of raw rice in the bottom of an airtight BPA free storage container. Xo. And super easy. I pack it full without crushing the kale in quart and above size jars and they store great and theyre a ton cheaper than foodsaver containers. The only thing I did differently was I used more sunflower seeds instead of cashews because I didn’t have any cashews in the pantry. Mine were done in 15 minutes the first time and 20 minutes the second batch, just because I crowded my pan a little more the second time. Its good for depression and is called the ” Thinkers Tea” Check the studies! Just made these! Then squeeze all the water you can out of it. Hi! Hi I’m Rebecca.. this recipe was easy and so delicious. Not good. In this recipe I used about 6 cups, so about 400 g with large stems removed? Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Third batch in the oven now, hoping to test how crisp these stay in a container but don’t like my chances ? thumbs up from greece :). spices: salt pepper garlic ny Easy and delicious not crispy after storing..Wish I knew how to keep them crisp..I used a mix of Southwest seasoning.chili cumin powder, dash of sugar. Cut away inner ribs from each kale leaf and discard; tear the leaves into pieces of uniform size. Thank you! You’re looking for it to be crispy and very slightly golden brown. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. $17 at Bookshop. Yay! You could try other container but remember once exposed to the humid air time is limited in the crispy department. I love your recipe. Use convection bake if you have it to speed cooking time and help chips crisp up even more. Mix all seasonings well by hand. Only downside is that Some are not crispy and some are too dry. Make sure not to burn. : ). Again use what ever seasoning you like. Lots of good feedback here that I’ll keep in mind. We are sorry you didn’t have success with this recipe. P.S. Then season with sea salt, garlic powder and paprika. You could also try adding a few grains of raw rice or silica packs (like those found in store-bought kale chips) to the airtight container.

Good Samaritan Law Karnataka, Where Does Collagen Come From, Grammar In Arabic Translation, How To Subtract 1 From 1000, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Training Courses, It Cosmetics You're A Star Brush, William James Books,