We've tested all the best tips and tricks to make perfectly crispy BAKED sweet potato fries (no deep fryer needed). Although I have to be honest, I usually cut up my leftover sweet potato fries and use them in a sweet potato breakfast bowl! Food is my love language, and my kitchen tips and nourishing recipes are my love letter to you! Try to cut all of your fries approximately … My personal favorite is avocado oil, but grapeseed oil also does the trick. Drain and then dry them off on a clean kitchen towel. Well, I’m glad you asked, because I have exactly the method you need to get those sweet potatoes nice and crispy. In this totally free (yup!) Wholefully/Back to Her Roots, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. She's a home cook and wellness junkie with a love of all things healthy living. * Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy using the WPRM recipe calculator. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. We make these crispy fries in our house at least once a week, and everyone in the fam gobbles them happily. Those wedges are made with Russet potatoes, and soaking … Place the ingredients for the cashew cheese dip in a food processor and blend until smooth. Healthy & Delicious Recipes to sweeten up your life. On top of this crispy baked sweet potato fries recipe tasting fantastic, it is also paleo, whole30 and vegan compliant. Your email address will not be published. We are sweet potato fans and the kids love it even more whenever we make them into homemade veggie fries just like these Zucchini Fries, Avocado Fries and Asparagus Fries. Here’s a few ideas to serve along with your fries: Make crispy and dippable sweet potato fries right in your oven! There was an error submitting your subscription. Luckily, making your own crispy sweet potato fries is easy to do in your oven. If you buy your french fries frozen or at the drive-thru, then these delicious whole30 sweet potato fries are the healthiest option. ingredients you need to make crispy sweet potato fries Sweet potatoes: In order to follow this recipe exactly, you will need 2lbs or 4 medium-large sweet potatoes. Make the dips. You can unsubscribe at any time. At Wholefully, we believe that good nutrition is about much more than just the numbers on the nutrition facts panel. See full disclosures ». Salt and pepper: I always add salt and black pepper as an addition to create an extra delicious seasoning. Some folks have issues digesting nightshade vegetables—the kind of vegetables that regular potatoes are—and they have much happier bodies if they stick to sweet potato fries instead of regular potato fries. Sprinkle on the arrowrroot powder, and toss until every fry has a fine dusting. Sign up now to get a FREE low carb / Keto-friendly recipe e-book, plus access to subscriber exclusives! When I am feeling a little adventurous, I go with one of these seasoning blends: You can really go crazy with seasoning the fries however you want, just keep in mind that seasonings go on before baking, but salt goes on after. Garlic powder: I like to make sure I add garlic powder to spice up the flavor of the other ingredients. That means you don't need a deep fryer. Cut your fries into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks. Remove the fries from the oven, sprinkle with some extra salt and pepper and finely chopped fresh coriander and serve with dips! Check your email for a confirmation link. This recipe of baked sweet potato goodness will knock your socks right off. For me personally, I’ve tried both soaking and not soaking, and I’ve found that soaking maybe gains me 10% crispiness. Here are some other awesome options: Like all things with diet and nutrition, what’s best for you depends on who you are! Once you confirm, you'll receive a link to download the printable! The key is to pay attention to how these foods make your body feel and make the decision on if they are healthy or not for your body based on that information. However, if you’re looking for the absolute crispiest sweet potato fries, soak your cut fries in cold water for at least an hour (or up to overnight). Required fields are marked *. Mash the avocado in a bowl with the back of a fork until smooth with the juice of ½ lime. We make these crispy fries … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These crunchy fries are the best way to enjoy sweet potatoes while consuming all of the important nutrients that your body needs. Some folks like using a mandoline, but those seem to make smaller, shoestring fries, which I find lose all of their pillowy, sweet potato goodness in the oven. Avocado Dip 1 avocado ½ lime 1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped Salt and pepper, Cashew Cheese Dip ¼ cup cashews ¼ cup plant milk 3 tbsp nutritional yeast Pinch of smoked paprika ¼ tsp garlic powder. Ready to make quick sweet potato fries that are delightfully crispy outside and tender inside, WITHOUT cornstarch? Looking deeper into sweet potatoes, they contain a ton of nutrients that are amazing for your body. I tested when to add the salt. More sweet potato recipes you might like: *Please note the nutritional information is for fries only without the optional dips. How to Make the Best Baked Sweet Potato Fries. They are soggy, floppy, and way too soft to dip in ketchup! If you are having friends over, you can make this recipe in bulk and share on a platter with some of your other favorite appetizers. Posted March 24, 2020 In Appetizers and Snacks, Gluten Free, paleo, Recipes, Snacks, Vegetarian, Video, Whole30. Then pouring your favorite dipping sauce on top of the sweet potatoes. Please see our Privacy Policy for more details. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip the fries and rotate the pans, and then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the fries are brown and crispy. Even if they have slightly more calories than homemade typical potato fries, they have more fiber, potassium, and Vitamin A. Please try again. We expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website. 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch, 45+ Thoughtful and Easy DIY Christmas Food Gifts, Garlic powder, oregano, and Parmesan cheese (added after baking), 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4-1/2” fries. Arrowroot powder is an all-natural, grain-free thickener similar to cornstarch. Guaranteed Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries are a perennial favourite here on Foodie with Family for a great reason. Follow the recipe, but instead of placing it in the oven, lightly coat the air fryer with avocado spray or olive oil spray. This is why potatoes aren’t allowed in the AIP diet, but sweet potatoes are. You are the only expert on your own body, so you get to decide which type of foods nourish you the best. Nothing on the website is offered is intended to be a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. So I think for most folks, both types of potatoes can fit happily into your perfect diet! There is nothing worse than soggy, floppy, limp sweet potato fries. Don’t use a Silpat or silicon baking sheet, which can make for soggy fries! And I finally landed on the no-fail, perfect-every-time formula for crispy baked sweet potato fries! Hungry for fries with maximum crispy exterior for minimal effort, I set out to see if I could figure out how to make sweet potato fries crispy without cornstarch. However if you want to use more or less, then all you have to do is adjust the amounts you use for all ingredients. . digital book, I share with you everything you need to get started living the Wholefully life—clean eating, green beauty, natural home, self-care, mental health—we cover it all! Baked sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to normal homemade potato fries. I tested different size fries and different temperatures. Plain ol’ ketchup is a classic, but my favorite lately has been equal parts mayo and ketchup, plus a good dose of my own fermented hot sauce. Delicious and healthier recipes to sweeten up your life. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Leave to cook for another 15-20 minutes until they are tender but crisp on the edges. Add lifemadesweeter@gmail.com to your email contacts so that you don't miss it. To reheat leftovers: Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 5-8 minutes, or until warmed and crispy. Cornstarch helps to form a crispy coating for sweet potatoes, which can turn soggy and limp in the oven, unlike a russet potato.

Dell Ultrabook Latitude E7470, The Expected Value Of The Random Variable X Is, French Marigold Plug Plants Uk, Patak's Oven Bake Biryani Review, Skinny Cow Chocolate Candy,