i returned it to the dealer, they checked it out and told me some codes were cleared and it should be alright. When door unlock is held down the front windows roll down. It is actually dependent on the car. Did you know that many cars, trucks and vans can instantly lower all windows with the key remote? After reading this last night i tried it at work today. 2004 Dodge Ram QCSB.....out of surgery and ready for more. Some cars will also include the sunroof as a window in this operation, while some convertibles with automatic tops will shut. Pretty cool for a factory option. In some cars, like Acuras, instead of using the remote, you can insert your key in the door lock and turn it clockwise, release, then turn it clockwise again and hold. The trick usually involves pressing the remote's unlock button, releasing it, then pressing it again and holding it down. Is there a way to dissable this feature? I had to show my wife at lunch. NOPE. You lower the windows and blast the air conditioner, right? She was jealous and tried to see if her 08 Charger did the same...of course it didn't. This allows you to begin cooling your car without having to get in first. Too bad they don't have a roll up feature. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. A convenient feature that's been around for years, but remains unknown to many car owners, is the ability to lower the windows with the key remote. Corrected on September 6: This story initially gave only one direction a key should be turned in the door lock. Thats :rck:!!! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You hit the button once, let it go, then hit and hold.... and the windows roll down as long as you hold the button, 2009 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Crew Cab 1500 Sport. Volkswagens require the key to be turned the opposite way (counterclockwise to lower and clockwise to raise), so if it doesn't work in one direction, try the other direction. The temperature inside your car can get insanely hot on sunny days, regardless of the temperature outside. about a month ago, the driver and passenger windows started going down by themselves. Way cool feature! Turning the key counterclockwise will usually raise the windows back up. TI just went out and tried mine and they roll down with the remote. © 2020 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Don www.ppiparts.com. Save Share. lol. We'll update the list with additional cars as we find them. 4th Gen Truck Club # 12//Hemi Owners Club #2012, 6k HIDs Headlights and Fogs, Diablo Sport Tune, - October '04: '04 Ram 2500 CTD 600 QC SB..........'05 Dodge Stratus SXT SE: October '05-, You have one hell of an interesting perspective on things... and by "interesting", I mean retarded, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Anyone other than me try to roll them up by using the lock button? I am sure this will come in handy when it gets hot here. ... Can I do the remote start then roll the windows down all from the remote? Is there a way to dissable this feature? A forum community dedicated to all Dodge owners and enthusiasts. Ok i have a 2011 ram 1500, that i bought used. To bad you can't roll it up too. When you get to your car and it's boiling hot, what's the first thing you do? Best Black Friday 2020 deals: Google Nest Hub, iPhone 12, Xbox gift card, free Wyze Cam with purchase, more, Where to buy the PS5 on Black Friday: Check here for inventory restock at Amazon, Walmart, Target and GameStop, Best Amazon Black Friday deals: $70 Instant Pot Duo, $55 Amazfit smartwatch, $18 Fire TV Stick and more, Discuss: How to instantly lower your car windows with the key remote, Transform your Nexus 7 into a car tech powerhouse, Turn your Android phone into a speedometer with SpeedView, Monitor your car's performance with the Torque app for Android, BMW (3 Series/5 Series/6 Series/7 Series/M5/Z4), Dodge (Challenger/Charger/Durango/Grand Caravan/Journey/Ram), Ford (C-Max/F150/Focus/Focus Ghia/Fusion/Galaxy/Mondeo/S-Max/Taurus), Honda (Accord/Accord Crosstour/Odyssey/Pilot/Ridgeline), Lexus (ES300/GS350/IS250/RX300/RX350/RX400h), Mercedes-Benz (B180/C240/C300/CLK350/CLS550/E350/E430/E500/GL450/ML550), Nissan (350Z/Altima/Armada/Maxima/Murano/Pathfinder/Titan), Volkswagen (Beetle/Golf/Jetta/Passat/Polo/Routan). Why would you want it dissabled? Reply. press the unlock button (on your keyfob), then within 30 seconds hold down the unlock button until your windows are lowered to the desired level! Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. Can I do the remote start then roll the windows down all from the remote? Come join the discussion about Hemi’s, RAM trucks, Mopar performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! We delete comments that violate our policy, which we encourage you to read. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. When door unlock is held down the front windows roll down. yeah I love it when it hot out walking to your truck unlock open windows ..let out all that heat and not in your face, 2013 Dodge Ram Long Horn, Copperhead Pearl, Hemi, 392, Extreme liner, Chrome 20's. I tried this last night I thought it was a cool feature! Based on an internal CNET poll, Reddit user comments and our very own CNET user comments, we've confirmed that the trick works on various models from the following manufacturers: If your car has this feature too, let us know the year, make, and model of the car you drive in the comments below. The trick usually involves pressing the remote's unlock button, releasing it, then pressing it again and holding it down. Unless the car dealership told you about this trick or you happen to read manuals for fun, you may have been unaware of this ages-old trick. We'll show you how it works. now this only happens when it is parked in my driveway, nothing happens at work. JavaScript is disabled. What else does this truck do that I do not know about?

Walnut Wood Price Per Cubic Meter, Fender American Elite Stratocaster Uk, Computer Programming In Primary Schools, Aphrodite Painting Acnh, To Do In German Conjugation, Magnesium Chloride Dosage, Ocean Vuong Not Even This,