The speaker power is expressed as the maximum input. If you know in detail how to install a car subwoofer, you won’t need to depend on anyone to meet up with your demands. Use sandpaper or a wire brush to remove corrosion and expose clean metal if necessary. I have seen those high amperage (+12) low gauge (a lower gauge number and very thick) wires come loose from amplifiers/powered subs and then make contact with either the adjacent ground wire/connection or the vehicle body and cause fires if not properly fused. Remember that you can use both a single-channel (also called “monoblock”) amplifier or multi-channel amp that is bridged for more power. Sometimes the CCA note is in small print. NVX True Spec 4 Gauge 100% Copper Single Amp Wiring Kit with Speaker Cable, No RCA [XAPK4]. If you run into problems or don’t feel up to the task consider getting an estimate speaking with a reputable car stereo shop. You could also easily blow a fuse by using the little ones the fuse box has. With a flashlight, look underneath the dashboard and try to find a plastic filler plug that can be pushed out (exposing a free hole you can use) or a rubber seal with a factory wiring harness that goes into the engine compartment. Speakers are 750 RMS and 2250 peak. It is for demonstration purposes and it does not sound as good as it should. Add-ons are a very big moneymaker for car audio stores. When the stereo comes on, so will the amp. After connecting the power wire, remote wire, and signal wire move it down to the same side of the car (as needed) and when the wire comes together use zip ties (also called “wire ties”) to neatly hold it all together. I’d consider the following tools essential: Ideally, you’ll have access to these as well, although I realize sometimes they can cost more than they should: Some of these can be bought at stores like Wal-Mart or Harbor Freight for a discount price. If you’re following my recommendation for buying a preloaded subwoofer box, then the work should be done for the subwoofer itself. Otherwise using a self-tapping screw and a cordless drill make the work very quick. Rms stands for square root of the average of square. including a wonderful amp I reviewed here as well! One important tip: for factory-installed “premium” audio systems like Bose, JBL, and Harmon Kardon it can be difficult as those systems are far more complex. The other side of the firewall should be the inside of the car. (Always check the specifications to be sure of power available and the required speaker Ohms rating). If possible, push a hole through a firewall wiring harness seal (“grommet”) and push the amp wire through that. In either case it’s a compromise, as you’ve only got 4 total RCA jacks available. Just cut a section of board (bought from Lowe’s or Home Depot for example) slightly larger than the amplifier, mount it using brackets or straps, and that’s it. Two amplifier mounting ideas that work for nearly all installations. The good pratice is to pick a speaker rated for 170% of the amplifier power. Many small subwoofer combos are ported to get more sound from a small size. Follow my advice here to be better prepared and take your installation one step at a time. Use wire cutters to cut off the extra remaining zip tie length. You can learn more about that here. I’ve done many speaker designs of various types, and here’s a simple explanation of why it matters: Every speaker has certain parameters that determine how it performs in certain types and sizes of speaker boxes. Your hard work will have been for nothing if that’s the case, and it feels terrible to work very hard only to get bad sound. Here’s a great list I’ve put together of some of the best affordable and well-performing models. 5. Consider buying a car powered subwoofer. Modern car amplifiers like the Alpine MRV-F300 offer high or low-pass crossovers to block bass or upper-range music from being played as desired. Question I split the rcas from the rear input on the 4ch amp to a bridged 2ch amp for a 10″ sub. I’ve covered this topic and show some great examples here, click here to get the .pdf you can view or print. If you’re adding a subwoofer to a factory system you should definitely prepare for extra work. Do I have to have separate remote runs from main amp and one from mono sub amp to the head unit ? The way you’re doing it now is fine unless you wanted the independent subwoofer output control on the head unit in which case you’d lose the fader control. can someone please give me advice about which speaker cable I should tap to connect lineout converter please? I can’t find the specs for the bridged mode but I assume it’s 2 ohm stable bridged. A 100 watt rms output should never be inputed in a speaker with less thant 170 watt mximum input. Its ratings are:-400w RMS-1200w Peak-4 Ohm ImpedanceA good amp for this speaker (assuming this is the only speaker attached to the amp) might be the Rockford P400-2. Almost always you can find a +12V switched wire somewhere in the vehicle. They do have drawbacks, however: while they offer a more convenient way to install and remove the audio system, they tend to be more likely to have lesser performance than by using a standard amp and box system. Start by finding an opening in the car's firewall. Consider picking up a car stereo installation kit like this Scosche KT12A budget kit from Amazon. If you get stressed because of time you’re more likely to make mistakes and have to redo something later. Feel free to leave a comment below or let me know. Now, you may end up with subwoofers … The welds in some such vehicles involved in crashes were found to have spilt along hairline cracks, introduced by the use of subwoofers, or by panels splitting at rust points. The kits tell you how many watts they can handle. They make your installation MUCH easier and help you avoid paying outrageous prices from local shops. As I mentioned in my guide, I generally recommend using a multi-channel amplifier. Run the RCA cables through the back of the center console and plug them into the 2 connections on the back of the stereo. If not, check the following items for problems. It’s the best bet for the beginner and the average person in my opinion. -Subwoofer box-Subwoofer speaker (see next step)-Amplifier (see next step)-Wiring kit (or each of the following) -10 Gauge or thicker, 20 foot insulated wire (for power) -10 Gauge or thicker, 3 foot insulated wire (for ground) -18 or 16 Gauge, 15 foot wire -RCA cables, 15 feet or longer (you need 2 or one with both red and white) -In-line fuse, 50 amps or higher-Some speaker wire-4 small wood screws-Basic tools. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HUBLZA0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, i need to build a box for it pls help wat is the right size of the box. Set the subwoofer in the trunk of the car. If you’re ready to begin the integration process, come talk to us specifically about the details of your system - room, speakers, amp, listening position, style of music, current bass problems. All Rights Reserved. I recommend blue butt connectors (right) as they’re a bit easier to use and fit 16-14 ga. wire but can also be used with smaller gauge wire if you fold it underneath itself before inserting it. Here’s a great list I’ve put together of some of the best affordable and well-performing models. They aren't very expensive any more. on Introduction, what's with your profile pic? The best kits include installation accessories like ring terminals, zip ties, and sometimes wiring grommets. Add Tip Ask Question Comment Download. Hello, Jerry. 9 years ago For most people there are 2 great and simple ways to mount your amp reliably: I prefer #2, as it’s a better looking and more professional method. After you have the stereo out, look at the back of it. However, keep in mind the speakers should not set in the hidden place, and enough no of speakers should install in the car. A good amplifier wiring kit like NVX True Spec 4 Gauge 100% Copper Single Amp Wiring Kit with Speaker Cable, No RCA [XAPK4] includes a  fuse, fuse holder, subwoofer speaker wire, power cables, remote wire, zip ties, RCA cables, ring terminals, and cool accessories. on Introduction. This is the metal wall under the hood of the car, closest to the windshield. are you and all rounder? Also, I recommend you buy a sealed enclosure as mismatching a subwoofer with the wrong vented box can result in terrible sound! Use the ring terminal to fasten to a battery clamp bolt or stud. BTW two power wires are connected to fuse block and single wire runs to the battery Thanks you so much for such great lesson how to instal amp. What is the best place to fix-up a subwoofer in a car? It supplies +12V when the stereo is turned on. Honestly, getting the wire to the battery is usually the toughest part you’ll face. Run the majority of the power cable through the hole in the firewall, making sure to leave enough wire to get to the battery. Thank you , les. Here's an excellent low-priced model I recommend from Amazon. For your set-up, just use one set of terminals. i got MTX THUNDER 4122 AMP nd subwoofer. My question is is there any rewiring in my vehicle that's necessary or can I just switch them out without error. Test lights don’t give you enough information. I will show you how to do this with an aftermarket head unit (stereo).

Ibanez Truss Rod Adjustment, Tostitos Queso Blanco, Fetch Restaurant Menu, The Statement Of Cash Flow Clarifies Cash Flows According To, Bulk Balsamic Vinegar Wholesale, Racing Simulator Xbox One, Iphone Ui Kit,