32% Nearly one-third, nearly a third. Your introduction should be quite impressive as it makes the first impression to the examiner. The IELTS academic exam writing task 1 consists of 6 types of charts such as process diagrams, maps, bar charts, pie charts, tables or line graphs. 1. Hi Malika, sorry to bother you, but may I know where are you from and what bands are you working for? 2. The graph shows the oscillations of the price from 1998 to 2002. The economic inflation of the country increased sharply by 20% in 2008. I want to improve my communication skill. (Note that this is for practice purposes only and not official Cambridge IELTS material. 7. 2. To get a good score in IELTS writing task 1 academic, you need to have a good range of grammar and vocabulary. 4. 5. 77% = Approximately three quarter, more than three-quarter. The amount of coal used in Australia doubled throughout the whole period. Do so only if there is no alternative word(s)/ phrase(s) to convey the same meaning/idea. 4. This is an excellent website to help students perform better on the test. The overall sale of the company increased by 20% at the end of the year. 2. My last result was 7.5, but I hope to increase it. Learn more about our Cookie Policy & Privacy Policy. Car production in The USA amounted to around 250,000 vehicles in the first half of 2015. I need some advice and correction for writing. 4. ______________ EU citizens who arrived in the UK 12 months after Brexit  ___________ approximately 240,000. rise / increase / go up / uplift / rocket(ed) / climb / upsurge / soar/ shot up/ improve/ jump/ leap/ move upward/ skyrocket/ soar/ surge. DO NOT give numbers, percentages or quantity in your general trend. _______________ EU migrants rose steadily from December 2012 to June 2016. The given pie charts represent the proportion of male and female employees in 6 broad categories, dividing into manual and non-manual occupations in Australia, between 2010 and 2015. The figure for non-EU migrants amounted to slightly over 200,000 by September 2017. 3. Fractions: 4% = A tiny fraction. Being able to use appropriate vocabularies, presenting the main trend, comparing & contrasting data and presenting the logical flow of the graph ensure a high band score in your Academic IELTS writing task 1. Caution: Never copy word for word from the question. In September 2017, the total number of EU migrants to the UK was just under 100,000. As is observed, the figures for imprisonment in the five mentioned countries show no overall pattern, rather shows the considerable fluctuations from country to country. Grammatical Range and Accuracy: A) Uses a wide range of structures with full flexibility and accuracy. Note that, some teachers prefer "The line graph demonstrates..." format instead of "The given line graph demonstrates...". Vocabulary to represent frequent changes in graphs: wave / fluctuate / oscillate / vacillate / palpitate, waves / fluctuations / oscillations / vacillations /  palpitations. 5. dramatically / rapidly / sharply / quickly / hurriedly / speedily / swiftly / significantly/ considerably / substantioally / noticably. 5. c) Overall clarity and fluency of your report and message. This vocabulary … 3. Noticeable-noticeably, substantially: I think these are correct dictation. a rise / an increase / an upward trend / a growth / a leap / a jump / an improvement/ a climb. At the onset, it is clear that drinking in public and drink driving were the most common reasons for US citizens to be arrested in 2014. Can we practice speaking part together? Sometimes you can use the word ‘amounted to’ (past tense) or  ‘amounts to’ (present tense) This is a synonym for ‘in total’ . moderately / gradually / progressively / sequentially. General Statement + General overview/ trend), you are expected to start a new paragraph to describe the main features of the diagrams. The number of cars produced in Japan totalled around 9 million last year 2. The proportion of EU citizens who arrived in the UK 12 months after Brexit amounted to approximately 240,000. Then you can surely crush this exam. 4. Being able to use appropriate vocabularies, presenting the main trend, comparing & contrasting data and presenting the logical flow of the graph ensure a high band score in your Academic IELTS writing task 1. The figures for people leaving the UK before and after Brexit were almost equal. DO NOT try to present every single data presented in a graph. e) Logical sequencing and appropriate use of linking devices between and within your sentences. To see the News story click here for the link to the BBC, this is worth reading as there is some useful IELTS academic task 1 vocabulary that you could make notes on. There was a 15% drop in the ratio of student enrollment in this University. Following is a list of vocabularies … If you do do, you would be penalised. Please send me the instruction to my email. 2. For multiple graphs and/ or table(s), you can write what they present in combination instead of saying which each graph depicts. Your 'Introduction (general statement + overall trend/ general trend) should have 75 - 80 words. Tips: 1. Proportions:  2% = A tiny portion, a very small proportion. The question asks you to write a report and summarise the data presented in graphs(s). Is it possible to get a 7.5 band within the stipulated time? 1. 4. 5. EU citizens who left the UK in the 12 months following the vote  _____________ 123,000. Could you please help me? Task Achievement: A) Fully satisfies all the requirements of the task. I just have 15 days to my IELTS. Cars produced in Japan number around 9 million units at present 2. This vocabulary section aims to help you learn all the vocabularies, phrases and words you need to know and use in your Academic writing task 1 to achieve a higher band score. 5. This will be my fourth attempt to pass the IELTS exam, and of all preparatory sources I ever encountered, this is my favourite source! 4. What will be assessed by the examiner? _______________ non EU migrants _____________ slightly over 200,000 by September 2017. I think in the 4th example of introduction part there will be a depict rather than depicts as per the remark you had given i.e. 1. ", Just after you finish writing your 'Introduction' (i.e. The population of these two cities increase significantly in the last two decades and it is expected that it will remain stable during the next 5 years. Percentages: 10% increase, 25 percent decrease, increased by 15%, dropped by 10 per cent, fall at 50%, reached to 75%, tripled, doubled, one-fourth, three-quarters, half, double fold, treble, 5 times higher, 3 timers lower, declined to about 49%, stood exactly at 43%. But you will just need to push your limit a little. leave a comment below … if it has been useful, please leave a review on the Facebook page here.

Ram Trx Easter Egg, Chocolate Hummus Brands, Corn Paneer Curry Recipe, Aia Contract Between Owner And Architect, Geometric Distribution Vs Binomial, Kinguin Discount Code,