NIV. Did you hear what that guy just said? Sin never produced what it promised but only resulted in death, shame, and guilt. Want to get in touch? 3 Soon, by his extraordinary spirit, Daniel distinguished himself among the administrators and satraps. The flesh and the Spirit have competing agendas. And when you look at it like that, the choice seems so simple—so obvious. His words are true either way, and one of the beautiful aspects of this story is that we get to see the consequences of sin without having to experience them ourselves. I feel the best thing a young … The Bible tells us that “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness” (Rom. It is sin and death and injustice, then, that are canceled, and we are invited into God’s favor. Or you will choose sin and experience the consequences. 15 Then the men approached the king together and said to him, “Remember, O king, that by the law of the Medes and Persians no decree or ordinance established by the king can be changed.”  16 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the den of lions. 24 At the command of the king, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought and thrown into the den of lions—they and their children and wives. This is about faith, and how faith determines our activities and way of life. Let’s agree with God calling out the good in them instead of point out the evil. An interesting theme runs through the entire Bible. One of the more interesting scientific discoveries is that we are actually “hard-wired” to believe in God, even though the mythical “god spot” in the brain that some people once suggested must exist does not, in fact, exist. What Does It Look Like to Walk in the Spirit. Can you heal him?” Jesus responded, “Take me to where he is and I will heal him.” What the soldier said next, stopped Jesus in his tracks. Ordering Christmas Gifts? Matt holds an M.Div. Jesus then turned to the crowds like, “Hey, did you hear that? When God says something, we believe it. You will believe God before you sin and find life and joy and peace. She’s old and busted too.” But then the Lord had him look at the night sky and said, “Abraham, see those stars? Everyone has faith in something. 19 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the den of lions. So the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. God loves it when His people believe Him. Hebrews 11:6:  And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. While I do not claim to hold the brilliance of Hawking, I was one who was led into the mire of agnosticism earlier in life. But they’re also questions Satan desperately hopes you answer wrongly. 5 Finally these men said, “We will never find any charge against this Daniel, unless we find something against him concerning the law of his God.”  6 So the administrators and satraps went together to the king and said, “O King Darius, may you live forever! It’s the simplest definition of a word that is used all the time in Scripture. It is too important to believe in ourselves to not do this for one another. Because Satan is really good at what he does. 4 Thus the administrators and satraps sought a charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom, but they could find no charge or corruption, because he was trustworthy, and no negligence or corruption was found in him. He heard that Jesus was a man that healed the sick, so he approached Jesus and said, “Lord, my servant is sick. 20 When he reached the den, he cried out in a voice of anguish, “O Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?”  21 Then Daniel replied, “O king, may you live forever! No entertainment was brought before him, and sleep fled from him. My prayer for you is that the story of the prodigal son helps you see past those deceptive lies, believe God at His word, and stay at home where you belong. from Southwestern Seminary and a Doctorate in Expositional Preaching from Southeastern Seminary. The Importance of Believing. 8 Therefore, O king, establish the decree and sign the document so that it cannot be changed—in accordance with the law of the Medes and Persians, which cannot be repealed.”  9 Therefore King Darius  signed the written decree. He’s the greatest deceiver in the history of the world and he’s a master at presenting to us a picture of a better, fuller life apart from obedience to God, and far too often I stupidly took the bait. Using Daniel as our example, we can learn many things about faithfulness to God, and in God. My obedience produced joy and life and peace. Before you read another word, you’ve got to get this: A lack of evangelism is always a big deal that always leads to an even bigger problem! Learn the importance of believing God's word and promises for you in The Long Walk Home by Matt Carter. See our holiday shipping schedule to receive your gifts on time. The prodigal has bought the lie, and death is coming. We'd love to hear from you. May 3, 2020; Comments Off on The Importance of Believing God; It is so important we put our faith and beliefs in God. The Importance of Believing God. Especially if we want to live the kind of Christian life God expects from His children. God loves it when His people believe Him. Find answers to some of the more asked questions. Believe in yourself, have compassion for you and others and build a good foundation of faith and self-esteem. As I look back on all the times in my life when just like the prodigal son I chose to walk down the path of sin, in each situation I was presented with a choice: the choice to believe the words of God or to believe the lies of Satan. At first God’s promise sounded ridiculous. Let us encourage one another with what God says about them. by Matt Carter on Wednesday, August 07, 2019 at 1:27 PM. Berean Study, Ephesians 1:17-21:   17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. We are new creations if we are in Christ, yes, but the battle rages on until Christ returns. When God says something, we believe it. As I look back on all the times in my life when just like the prodigal son I chose to walk down the path of sin, in each situation I was presented with a choice: the choice to believe the words of God or to believe the lies of Satan. The Results of Believing God. I have not seen faith like that in all of Israel.” What in the world did this soldier do that caused Jesus to stand there in jaw-dropping awe? The Bible says that when the soldier said those words, Jesus “marveled.” In other words, Jesus stood there in complete, jaw-dropping awe. We already are too easily aware of our problems, we need constant reminders of the good. Let’s see how we can please God. It is so important we put our faith and beliefs in God. Matt Carter serves as the Pastor of Preaching and Vision at Austin Stone Community Church in Austin, Texas, which has grown from a core team of 15 to over 8,000 attending each Sunday since he planted it in 2002. We find it in almost every book of Scripture from the Old to the New Testaments. Is life’s best found in a life of obedience to God? Either way, you will eventually believe Him. And when you look at it like that, the choice seems so simple—so obvious. In The Long Walk Home, author and pastor Matt Carter takes a fresh look at this age-old story and helps the reader discover and experience, once again, the radical, never-ending love of God for His sons and daughters. He believed that if Jesus said the words it was absolutely going to happen. That will help you in times that are hard and could shake your hope for a better future. That’s how many descendents you’re going to have.” What the Scripture says next is profound. 25 Then King Darius wrote to the people of every nation and language throughout the land: “May your prosperity abound. Using Daniel as our example, we can learn many things about faithfulness to God, and in God. Is life’s best found in a life of obedience to God? Abraham said to God, “God, I’m an old man. Jesus was shamed so that our own sins might be forgiven. Then why so often do I not choose what God says is best? Matt has co-authored multiple books including a commentary on the Gospel of John in The Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary series. Why do people believe in God?

Mixolydian Chord Chart, John Locke Influence On French Revolution, How To Smoke Meat In The Wild, Green Tea Cheesecake No Bake, Vet Tech Career Path, Nature Of Operation Management Pdf,