I'm just getting kind of sick of the commander 2013 guys getting banned. Let us explore some of the reasons why Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is so powerful! Prime Speaker Vannifar is banned as as commander only. Oloro is banned because it means you are not playing Commander you are playing an Esper highlander deck with incremental life-gain which is … If deckbuilders have too much freedom making their combo resilient and consistent without having to worry about their opponents gameplan, thats fairly unhealthy for a format like this one. Najeela, the Blade-Blossom is banned as a commander only. This means players can't use their normal commander answers like tucks, and would need anti-life gain cards to respond to Oloro. Edgar Markov is banned as as commander only. In French there's a replacement effect that allows you to put your commander in the Command zone whenever it should moves zones. 10/17/2013: You decide whether to pay as the second ability resolves. Press J to jump to the feed. Join us discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay, and more. http://duelcommander.com/last-banlist-changes/. I'm not arguing whether or not it was justifiable to ban him, but there reason to do so is because Oloro decks were simply just Esper control decks. I love EDH and I love competitive play. r/EDH. "Variety of gameplans" means you run straight up combo decks with no interaction, safe for a few defensive counterspells.Look at the Bazaar of Moxen Oloro decks for example. A Doomsday combo deck and a Reanimator deck, basically all cantrips, protection and combo pieces. I shit you not, the next duel commander deck I built was Oloro. That being said, it's a safe ban. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is a Commander that is banned in Duel. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic was a slow starter from Commander 2013, not getting much popularity until a few months after the set came out. greekanese said: Oloro is only banned in the Duel Commander (French) list to my knowledge. Oloro is banned because it means you are not playing Commander you are playing an Esper highlander deck with incremental life-gain which is un-interactive and un-inspired. Especially in a format where the best generals tend to be the most linear, I don't understand banning one because he offers variety. I don't understand the Oloro ban. log in sign up. I understand that I don't play a ton of French EDH, but I've never come across this card being a problem, and don't feel like it would warp a meta enough to warrant a ban. He believes to be in possession of the secret to eternal life and, as such, guards it jealously on his remote, mist-shrouded island. An alternative commander to Oloro? The effect is not at all symmetrical as it was intended and means that everyone has to run it or run blue to counter it. It's just getting obnoxious at this point. This is the first French ban update that I seriously don't agree with. En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des publicités ciblées adaptés à vos centres d’intérêts et réaliser des statistiques de visites. They then play with a 99-card deck that contains only cards of their commander's colors. The format seemed perfectly healthy with Oloro around. In the past, it seemed they banned commanders that took over the tournament scene, like Edric. With most of the cost in its delicate manabase, this deck will set you back over $400. . Which is not Wizards sanctioned in any way. I don't think it should have been banned. User account menu. Yes, casting him is often a mistake, as he may get tucked, drying up your endless source of lifegain. He saw pretty resounding play with any control player, and eliminated most combo and aggro decks in the format because he was so safe and could hide behind a massive wall of countermagic. Bounce, exile, tuck, or even let it go to the GY, the when RiP come down, you can still put it in the CZone. Edric, Spymaster of Trest is now banned as a commander only. EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander ... Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Commander) Oloro, Ageless Ascetic. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Commander 2013: Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is a legendary giant soldier from an unknown plane. Mythos242 EDH. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic Legendary Creature — Giant Soldier. Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. The actual general for those decks didn't matter, but people began to pick Oloro because he gains you 2 life every upkeep. Press J to jump to the feed. Oloro is able to manipulate the forces of life and death. Average Type Distribution. Which is not Wizards sanctioned in any way. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic. EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander. In Commander, each player chooses a legendary creature as the commander of their deck. I feel like these reasonings could be ironed out a little better... Oloro is banned because "The life cushion given by Oloro lets deckbuilders play much less spot removal and early defense than they usually would, giving more room for a variety of game plans." I’ve played my Oloro list about 5 times in the last month and I’ve been murdered by 21 commander damage 4 times and Infect once. Only cards that are playable in sanctionned Magic The Gathering formats are legal in Commander, and, therefore, in Duel Commander. If Oloro is your commander, its last ability will trigger at the beginning of the upkeep step on your first turn. I think the rise of Oloro decks made aggro decks invalid in a sense since there is no effort at all to gain two life every turn. I do understand the arguments of him being non-interactive, though. Please keep the above in mind. 10/17/2013: Oloro’s second ability triggers just once for each life-gaining event, no matter how much life is gained. Unread Messages All chats. Oloro is able to manipulate the forces of life and death. Variety of game plans is a bad thing? Close. This is in addition to points 1) and 2) in this document. Just my two cents. $17.99. I'm not full on with the ban, I think it was a little early, But I can say from a meta standpoint, Oloro's presence killed every non-marath aggro deck. 3 years ago. Instead of using him as a commander (ie actually casting him and doing shit with him) the smartest way to use him is as a non-interactable enchantment effect. Vial Smasher the Fierce is banned as a commander only. Oloro was posting a lot of results, actually. He believes to be in possession of the secret to eternal life and, as such, guards it jealously on his remote, mist-shrouded island. Then I built derevi, banned. If you do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. epic Oloro. Marath, Will of the Wild is banned as a commander only. Commander is an exciting, unique way to play Magic that is all about awesome legendary creatures, big plays, and battling your friends in epic multiplayer games! The Oloro banning is very strange. Things you literally cannot interact with on any front do not make for fun Magic. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is banned as a commander only. 2415 decks (0.576%) Rank #26. Urza, Lord High Artificer is banned as a commander only. HaruKitsune EDH. In the past, it seemed they banned commanders that took over the tournament scene, like Edric. I've played a lot of French, and I can say pretty safely that I've literally never seen Oloro cast even once, but I don't think I've played against a control deck that wasn't playing him at the helm in months. $12.37. Oloro Doomsday was an amazing strategy that didn't get played enough. I don't follow the French rules EDH scene too closely, but unless I'm just completely living under a rock, Oloro didn't seem overpowered at all. Teferi, Temporal Archmage is banned as a commander only. Close. This is in addition to points 2) and 3) in this document. Oloro's Life Gain Tron. cheezus64 EDH. Compare to Deck. I think the idea with Cataclysm is that it's overpowered. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I personally pilot Thalia, and this ban really hurts, since I can't afford Ravages of War, so my bias may be showing on this one. Not quite Zur, but still pretty dominant. Ive been trying to get into duel commander, but as soon as I built edric, banned. A diverse community of players devoted to Magic: the Gathering, a trading card game ("TCG") produced by Wizards of the Coast and originally designed by Richard Garfield. At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life. Acquireboard. I agree with Oloro ban, I don't know about Cataclysm, never seen it played, but searching up it seems really powerful in Geist, you keep geist and path/sword/bounce their last guy. u/alt_alias. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is a legendary giant soldier from an unknown plane. The fast subgame card (which is not an effect, but is a real card) Shahrazad is also. Cookies help us deliver our Services. You can’t have any of these cards in a Duel Commander game, in any zone of the game. If you do, you’ll draw a card and each opponent will lose 1 life.

Ladies Sherpa Lined Hoodie, Keyboard Button Image Generator, Circle Of Fifths, Types Of Soil Fertility, Beer From Every Country Challenge, Brookstone Travel Pillow, Masters In Engineering Management In Europe,