Show Printable Version; Email this Page… 01-07-2020, 02:53 AM #1. Maybe they could make the headstock a bit larger but keep the unique design. … It was another hundred bucks, but when you are investing that much, you want it right! If you enjoy this blog, donations are welcomed to allow me to invest more time in bringing you ukulele articles. Looks good,sounds good. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Junior Member Join Date Jul 2019 Posts 19. It would be awesome! Ukulele Boards; Uke Talk; Blackbird farallon vs klos; Results 1 to 3 of 3 Thread: Blackbird farallon vs klos. The Klos Ukulele uses the same design idea from their guitar and delivers a tenor ukulele scale instrument from the same super strong carbon fibre. I dislike painted necks, the sandpaper would come out if it were mine. 10-25-2020, 05:50 PM #3. maddogsauce. (0 members and 1 guests), I currently own a klos that I really enjoy but have been reading alot about the blackbird farallon and I’m considering selling the klos for the farallon. Learn more about why this ukulele will change your life! I got one of these and have changed out the strings. Nice! I liked that feature as now pulling tension from the strings is on the body vs. directly on the bridge itself. And here's the Pono Attached Images. It was flawless, I still own it and adore it. I'm hoping for a tenor guitar or Baritone ukulele 19 or 20 inch scaleD.G.B.E Tuning. A great little road warrior! I'm a lefty so offering to put the fret markers on the other side of the neck would be great when ordering. Patreon pledges, large or small, all help keep this site going!! Ever since launching Clara, a concert ukulele made of our own Ekoa® fiber, folks wanted to understand it and how it compares with carbon fiber. With regards to the pricing, I signed up for the basic acoustic model, but when the it got close to fulfilment, KLŌS contacted me about options. It would be a great working uke to take on the road. True, the headstock does look a bit funny. The latter having been our tone material of choice for the previous 8 eight years. Innovative all carbon fiber ukulele from Blackbird guitar in San Francisco. Perfect for travel and home. Blackbird makes Ekoa guitars and ukuleles including Clara, Farallon, Savoy, and El Capitan. Please make one available soon!! Is the farallon a clear step up and is it’s material as durable to temperature changes as the carbon fiber klos? Blackbird farallon vs klos I currently own a klos that I really enjoy but have been reading … We've taken all of our experience building thousands of guitars to create the most durable and amazing sounding carbon fiber ukulele out there. I'm with you regarding a Baritone. Hi Baz, I got mine through Indigogo about three weeks ago, and it is all the good things you say it is. That is to say, it's those super strong, super light carbon fibres in a resin much used widely in the automotive and sporting worlds to create lightweight and ultra strong products. I can't believe, with all those other options, you can only get a slotted bridge made of wood. There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Member Join Date Apr 2019 Posts 83. To understand the differences, it helps exploring the greater context of composites manufacturing in general as well as Blackbird composite process specifically. It's not actually the first time that carbon fibre has been used to create a ukulele… Back in 2011 I bought my first truly serious ukulele - the Kanile'a K-1 Tenor. I was surprised to find that even though it has a slotted bridge, they still drilled through the body and tied off the strings inside. Click the logo to help. I am thrilled to bits with the result. I absolutely love the chiming tone. Does anyone have experience with both of them and how they compare. I'd rather have a passive pickup too, don't like batteries in my uke.Good review, Baz. Copyright © 2008 - 2020 Got A Ukulele / Barry Maz - All Rights Reserved, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Thanks, https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/06/...r-ukulele.html, https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/01/...r-ukulele.html. I ended up with fluorocarbon strings, black tusq nut and saddle, black ratio tuners, and my name engraved on the neck. Thread Tools. Aside from the Google ads, I don't get paid to write this blog and for reasons of impartiality a not sponsored by brands or stores. I realize it's nitpicky, but to me, it's ugly, looks rough and unfinished. Your donations all go back into the site to allow me to keep bringing you reviews, and in the end the ukuleles acquired are given to local schools and charities. Being made of CF, it should be up to the bangs and bumps, and abuse that happens in transport. Klos Full Carbon Fiber Pono TE-MD Blue Mango Fanner T Style Electric Flame Maple Outdoor Ukulele Tenor Blackbird Clara Mele Mango Baritone UBass: Mayones Cali 4 Cocobolo Top / Kala California Koa Fretless. For that kind of money, I'd way rather have the neck made from carbon fibre too. Wdh777.

Tuna Tataki Roll, 9 Pin Garage Door Remote, Takács Quartet - Beethoven, Form And Function Design, Vintage Martin Ukulele, Ground Beef And Potato Recipes Quick, Gradualism Meaning In Urdu, Celebrations Chocolate Calories,