The whole thing did not mesh well. I ♡ SIDE DISHES. Tear up into bite sized pieces - not super large but also not too small. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well. box of strawberry gelatin, 4 to 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, a cup of sugar, and 2 cups of boiling water. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Many compliments of how great tasting the fresh strawberries were, and quite a few comparisons to really good strawberry shortcake. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. For the last layer, add half of the whipped cream mixture and smooth with a spatula. I only used one 8-oz package of cream cheese the first time around because I only had one on hand. For the strawberry topping 1 16-ounce package fresh strawberries washed, tops removed and sliced thinly 3/4 cup homemade strawberry glaze (see notes) RELATED RECIPES: Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad, Stuffed Strawberries, Strawberry French Toast Casserole, Strawberry Poke Cake, Strawberry Caprese Salad. This is a great Fourth of July red, white, and blue dessert. You saved Strawberry Angel Food Dessert to your. A quick-and-easy angel food cake takes this dessert … Ingredients 1 (10 inch) angel food cake 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 1 cup white sugar 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed 1 quart fresh strawberries, … In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. I have always used storebought angel food cake but I'd like to try it with white cake from a mix. I thought I had all the ingredients to make this but realized I didn’t have strawberry preserves . This layered dessert has 6 full layers of heaping  sweet strawberries, rich whipped and sweetened cream, and light as air angel food cake. Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. For Easter brunch I layered this in a trifle dish (2 layers of cake 2 of cream cheese 2 of strawberries)using reduced fat cream cheese and Cool Whip and Splenda instead of sugar. After I bought the ingredients and set out to start making this, I realized that most of the reviews involve changes to the recipe. You can use a 9×13 pan as well but I like my strawberry angel food cake … Break cake into pieces. I’ve made this with angel food cake, with pound cake, and with yellow cake. You may want to take the back of a wooden spoon and push down any cake pieces that are sticking out the top so they are submerged and can soak up all the flavor. Great easy elegant dessert. I was looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe for our neighborhood July 4th Dessert contest. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Spread over cream cheese layer. Some of my favorites are my keto friendly side dishes, delicious green beans, seafood salads, and so much bacon. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. My family loved it! Spoon ½ mixture over the first half of angel food cake in dish. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Repeat with a second layer of angel food cake chunks and the rest of that gorgeous, creamy strawberry mixture. Blueberries, raspberries, and peaches would be great with the appropriate glazes. Add 16 oz thawed whipped cream, 1 block of  softened cream cheese, and 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and mix until creamy. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The only thing I do differently is sweeten the strawberries overnight and drain off most of the excess liquid prior to assembling the next day. Angel food cake, fresh berries, and whipped topping, layered in a trifle bowl, makes for a pretty presentation; then you can see the layers of the dessert. Fold in the angel food cake to the strawberry mixture until well combined. Instead of the strawberries and glaze I topped it with 2 cans of cherry pie filling and it was fantastic. This recipe is easy to make and very versatile. Take a large casserole style baking dish and add half of the angel food cake chunks on the bottom of the dish. Once the glaze was prepared and had cooled, I stirred in the other quart of sliced fresh strawberries. I STRONGLY recommend you make your own glaze which is simple. Storebought glaze is a great timesaver, but I make my own when I have time. Superb! I was really disappointed. Most often, I use a 3 oz. I was so excited to try this for a get-together I was having. I made this once for an office potluck, and now am asked to bring it every time (sigh…). Angel food pieces are topped with sweetened cream cheese, whipped topping and strawberries in glaze in this chilled, layered dessert. If you made this recipe and have feedback, changes that were amazing or simply have a question, we do read and respond to all comments. Once strawberry season had passed, I made this recipe with only frozen berries. This can be a great recipe for someone who is watching their fat and sugar intake. Apr 15, 2018 - Strawberry angel food cake lush is the perfect graduation dessert, potluck winner or spring treat with berries, cream cheese, cake and whipped cream. This is my family's favorite summer dessert. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Added 1 tsp of vanilla to the cream cheese/whipped topping. Now repeat the process with angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream mixture. I purchase 2 loaves and tear up into bite sized pieces – not super large but also not too small. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Layered smooth whipped cream, 3 pints of strawberries, and fluffy angel food cake is an amazing triple layered dessert, so easy to make (with no baking and simple assembly) and a great large party dessert. Side dish recipes are what brings every one to the table! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Feel free to add one last layer of decorative strawberries if you like and want it to look fancy. Loads of strawberries, light fluffy angel food cake, and a creamy sweetened layer of whipped cream, make this a rich feel good dessert. It really needed to be lightened up. Beat cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar& vanilla together. Please note, the quart of strawberries used for the glaze is separate from the quart used for the topping. Well I decided to stick to the recipe and it was not good at all. I did make a few alterations to the recipe such as using Splenda instead of Sugar and just mashing up some strawberries and Splenda to make my own Glaze. Place in bowl or on plate and set aside. The crumbled cake was a little messy. I was looking for something easy but tasty. Loved this recipe! Congrats! No baking! Combine strawberries& pie filling gel together. If you’re looking for a light and easy dessert to take to summer gatherings, this Strawberry Angel Food Cake is it! I’ll probably continue to use strawberry topping since it a little juicier and coats the angel food cake. I feel like a meal isn't a meal without lots of delicious side dishes to gobble up! I had so many strawberries in my fridge and I was getting so sick of berries on top of Angel food cake that when I saw this recipe I couldn't help but try it. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I found it dry and heavy. Cook until thickened and let cool and you're ready to go! Plus, in casserole form, is easy to serve to a crowd, making this recipe a perfect dessert for gathering, parties, and birthdays! I did have strawberry ice cream topping though so I used that. Once strawberries are washed, quartered and placed in a bowl, add 3/4th cup Strawberry PRESERVES (not jelly) to bowl and mix. I use 2 pounds of strawberries. I will make this again with my own glaze. Required fields are marked *, We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Mystery Images Hd, Pkm Machine Gun Manual Pdf, Jordan 12 Dark Concord Grade School, Mountain Guide Name, 4 Cube Storage Unit, Home Depot Text To Confirm, Golden Coast Nashville, Organic Form Of Sulphur Examples,