The garden is really starting to pick up lately and I’m enjoying trying all kids of new zucchini recipes including this Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread.. I love that your version uses basically all good-for-you ingredients, and gosh does it ever look perfect! You can even make your own lemon extract. Yes. Pieces can be frozen safely for. We have a family member with tree nut allergies …thanks again ! I added a little vanilla and chopped walnuts to the batter, then made a lemon glaze to pour over the bread as soon as it came out of the oven. How to Make Mealtime Hassle Free! It always smoothes out in the end. Love that you use greek yogurt in the batter and obviously ALL the dark chocolate is always a good idea. Posted December 30, 2019 December 30, 2019 karim. Remove from the oven, allow to slightly cool, and then invert onto a plate. I tried this recipe in the 9 by 5-inch pan and the loaf was much flatter and less appealing. (If you can’t find lemon Greek yogurt, I also tested vanilla Greek yogurt and it works great. Regular or plain greek yogurt is good in this recipe. Search my 1,000+ recipes to find exactly what you’re looking for. Whisk dry ingredients. Zucchini bread has always been one of my favorite treats. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour one bread pan, 8.5 x 4.5-inch size. Please support this website by adding us to the whitelist in your ad blocker. Thanks for your comment Joyce! For the glaze: whisk lemon juice into powdered sugar until smooth, stirring in lemon zest, if desired. Lemon Zucchini Bread relies on oat flour (ground up oats) for its health benefits and because it contributes to a better texture. This turned out very good. What oil can I substitute for the coconut oil ?? I bet canola or vegetable oil would be great! I will cut down on the lemon extract next time so my little one can eat it too! This is definitely a keeper! The loaf is a bit less lemony overall, but still delicious.). This was absolutely delicious! The lemon zucchini bread is made with olive oil and yogurt for extra flavor and then it gets topped with a luscious lemon glaze. Enjoy! In an electric mixer mix sugar and zest then blend in oil and eggs. Zucchini bread is awesome, there’s no denying that…but lemon zucchini bread?? Pour the glaze over the bread while still warm from the oven. to the zucchini bread and it gives just a subtle lemony minty flavor that pairs great with the fresh lemon … Defrost in the fridge or at room temperature until thawed. Bake until set. If you just baked it, allow the bread to cool, Cut the bread into thick slices and wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap; then seal it completely in an airtight container or bag. It came out perfect! So many zucchini bread recipes I’ve seen are the exact opposite of healthy which is what zucchini bread isn’t supposed to be! For the glaze: Whisk together all of the dry ingredients and add lemon juice until the glaze reaches the desired consistency. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. https://www.suburbansimplicity.com/best-ever-zucchini-bread-recipe leave me a comment below. (my inner Dr. The lemon zucchini bread is made with olive oil and yogurt for extra flavor and then it gets topped with a luscious lemon glaze. Well, if you garden or go to the farmers’ market, you will have or see an abundance of zucchini. Thank you for the recipe! (See video tutorial in the post). After 3-4 days, this bread is prone to molding because of the Greek yogurt and overall moistness of the bread. Greek yogurt zucchini bread is a lighter alternative to classic zucchini bread, thanks to a handful of wholesome ingredients that pack a flavorful punch.Made with agave, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, and fresh zucchini, this will be your new favorite summertime snack. 5 secrets to easy, fast and delicious dinners. Tips for Baking the Best Zucchini Bread. Glaze your bread, top it off with some fresh lemon zest if you like and let it set…if you can wait that long! If needed, tent some tin foil over the top to keep the top from over-browning. After one day of storing the bread at room temperature. And that’s exactly what we want in this recipe! Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread. May 2, 2017 - A delicious and healthier take on zucchini bread. That’s where this Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread recipe comes in handy. Zucchini bread is awesome, there’s no denying that…but lemon zucchini bread?? Plain Greek yogurt; Zucchini; How to Make Lemon Zucchini Bread. They don’t sell a big tub of lemon Greek yogurt, but they have smaller containers that are 5.3 ounces each. Preparation. 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated, drained and squeezed dry. It might seem like too much powdered sugar for the amount of lemon juice, but just keep mixing! The glaze should be quite thick because it will melt over the hot bread. So happy to hear that! I do this using paper towels and squeezing the zucchini shreds. I added some fresh thyme (because that I do have an abundance of!) This moist healthy zucchini bread recipe takes out a lot of these unhealthy ingredients and replaces them with good-for-you ingredients including Greek yogurt, banana, oat flour, and coconut oil, making it a much healthier bread that you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying! One of those small containers (1/2 cup) yields the perfect amount for this bread. Fold in zucchini and pour into loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350. You can find it by the flavored baking extracts in the grocery store and it’s relatively inexpensive — it’s cheaper than vanilla extract and most other baking extracts. Freeze the freshest bread you have. I added a bit if lemon juice because I didn’t have any lemon yogurt. And the other ingredient — lemon extract– is like vanilla extract or almond extract. This bread is made with better-for-you ingredients and is so easy to make! Then keep it sit at room temperature … Looking for more ways to use your zucchini? Lemon Zucchini Bread is moist and sweet with a slightly tart flavor and a tangy lemon glaze. Here, you’ve got a dense, moist crumb cake that’s lightened up by the zucchini, bright and citrusy with the fresh lemon juice, and with a little tang from some lemon Greek yogurt.

Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe, How Old Is Jason Todd, Truss Rod Adjustment Fret Buzz, Vibhinnaa Hair Oil Review, Binary Covalent Compounds List, Panasonic Rice Cooker, Mixed Reality Definition, Whole Blends Coconut Water Shampoo Review, Permanent Wilting Point Moisture Content For A Crop Represents The,