[…] Download Image More @ https://www.my-easy-cooking.com […]. Use a knife and spread the spinach mix over the pastry, leaving a 1 cm gap open around the edges. Saute the onion until translucent, then add the garlic and sauté until soft. Leftover Pork Sliders with tangy coleslaw! package frozen puff pastry, thawed; 1 small pear or apple, peeled and thinly sliced; 1/2 cup shredded or crumbled cheese of choice, such as cheddar, gruyere or gorgonzola; 1 large egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon water Add the minced beef, dried herbs, tomato purée and the flour to the bowl with the onion and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. I can eat them all week long and not get tired of them. Pork Pies are just perfect for lunchboxes! Line a large baking tray (or two smaller baking trays) with greaseproof paper. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from the baking paper using a palette knife. Heat a pot and add the olive oil. Lightly flour a clean surface with flour, and roll the puff pastry into a 34cm/13½in square. Add the Worcester sauce, spice, salt, pepper, sugar (if using) and tomato paste and with the lid on and on low heat, allow meat to cook for 10-15 minutes. Break the egg in a small bowl and use your finger or pastry brush to brush egg white around the edges of the pastry. Remove and try and squeeze as much water from the spinach as possible. Flatten each pinwheel slightly with the palm of your hand. Mix and cool. I have gone through this article and I must say I am impressed, salivating and I am going to give this recipe and method, a try. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake until the pastry is puffed out and golden brown. Beef Shin Pie – when Soup meat takes centre stage! Dampen the edges of the pie with milk then place on the top of the pie. Whisk the egg and use the egg wash to brush all over the mince roll. Place the meat filling down the middle. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/minced_beef_pinwheels_78308 Roll out 2/3 of the pastry to fit a 20-23cm round pie dish. All Rights Reserved. Cook’s Note: You can use lamb, pork or chicken mince for this recipe. © 2020 My Easy Cooking. Your e-mail address will not be published. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and a line two baking trays with baking paper or silicone mats. My Puff Pastry Mince Roll even has a surprise layer of creamed spinach in there so it’s like eating your meat and veggies in one bite. You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
. Best served warm. Kudos to you! Add the meat. Spread the mince mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2cm/¾in border around the edges. Lightly flour a clean surface with flour, and roll the puff pastry into a 34cm/13½in square. Cook for 40 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown. I am not a fan of buying pies outside as I rather make them myself. Please use kind words. Line the bottom of the dish with the pastry, … Pies are still my favorites pastries. Beef Koftas with Homemade Pitas and Tzatziki. Please fill the required box or you can’t comment at all. Brush the top of each pinwheel with the beaten egg to glaze, taking care not to allow the glaze to drip down the sides and onto the tray as this will make the pinwheels stick to the baking paper. My only problem is trying out new ways and recipes because I so love my APPLE PIE. Or you can buy puff pastry, I prefer the Woolworths brand. Thank you – I want to make this for Saturday night dinner, and will really appreciate your info! Of course, the thin layer of buttery pastry around each bite, is not bad at all. Use a round cookie cutter or a wide mouth mug to cut 4 rounds into each pastry sheet. Add the vegetables and a little water and place the lid back on. Not only a great idea for leftover chicken, but the kids love it in there lunch boxes. Great finger food for a picnic or drinks party, these pinwheels are tasty when still warm from the oven. Hi Nina! Sprinkle on the grated cheese, if using, and brush the pastry edges with a little of the beaten egg. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Cut the roll into 12 even slices using a serrated knife – a bread knife is ideal. Tags: baked goods, beef, cooking, mince, pies, recipes. Line each pie pan with the pastry. https://www.my-easy-cooking.com/2017/06/27/puff-pastry-mince-roll You can also leave the spinach layer out, if your family is really offended by it. Cook for another 5 minutes for the vegetables to just soften, you want the carrot and potato cubes to be visible in the end result, so do not allow to cook to long. Add a quarter of the beef filling to each, followed by dividing the cheese between each of the 4 pies. It also is less effort and takes less time and dirty dishes. So I reckoned a Puff Pastry Mince Pie will be as popular and they get their veggies in without even knowing it. Roll the remainder of the pastry to fit the top. 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary; 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; All-purpose flour, for dusting work surface; 1 (17.3-oz.) Remove puff pastry sheets from the freezer, seperate and allow to thaw partially. Please, also check out my WEBSITE for very interesting contents too. Of course you can make your own buttery puff pastry and let me just say, there is something so therapeutic about making your own pastry. Spread the mince mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2cm/¾in border around the edges. Spoon in the mince mixture into the tin sprinkling cheese as you go. Mushroom Soup with Smoked Paprika for Meatless Monday, Dinner Recipes Puff Pastry – Dinner Recipes, Chinese Steamed Buns with Sweet and Sour Pork. Bring the two long sides of the pastry up to cover the meat and slightly overlap. Add the top sheet of pastry, folding the bottom and top together. Maybe a salad in summer or some sweet peas in winter. salt and pepper to taste – I used some biltong spice, because I love the coriander in the meat, 1 – 2 medium potatoes – peeled and finely diced, 250 g fresh spinach – shredded – I use the pillow bags. Posted on June 27, 2017 by nerinatimm in beef. Bake for 15 minutes or until well-risen and golden brown, and the beef is cooked through. Place the pinwheels on the baking tray (or trays), spaced well apart to allow for rising. Firmly roll the pastry up, like a Swiss roll. Preheat oven to 200 C. Use a rolling pin and roll the pastry slightly bigger on a floured surface and. Roll out the two sheets of puff pastry and cut 4 rounds out of each to fit your pie pans. Cool the meat mixture completely. Brown the meat while using a fork to “loosen” the bigger lumps. Chicken kiev with a cucumber and spring onion salad, Raspberry and white chocolate waffle pudding. Read about our approach to external linking. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and a line two baking trays with baking paper or silicone mats. Serve immediately or keep for lunch boxes the next day. Cook Savoury Mince following the instructions in this post. Tip the mixture into a large heatproof bowl and leave to cool for few minutes. Mix with clean hands until thoroughly combined. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes until soft, stirring regularly. I want to thank the writer of the article. Place in a blender with the labneh, salt and nutmeg. Puff Pastry Mince Roll for dinner and you need very little else. Can you please just tell me how much the 4 Lubnah balls in this recipe will be, because I find that the size of balls very often differs, depending which Brand I buy? Close the ends of the roll. Pierce a hole in the spinach pillow bag  and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes. I make a Chicken Roll often.

Creighton The Wanderer Not Invading, Z Pack Over The Counter, Grixis Infect Edh, How Fire Sprinkler Systems Work, Bms Scope And Salary, Excel Icon Finder, Soy Sauce Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing, Advantage Of Religion In Society, Laws Of Belize, Revised Edition 2011, Best Nurse Manager Books,