I love them and will bring then to my holiday parties. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture. Molasses cookies are surely the most ubiquitous cookie in any New England cookbook you happen to leaf through. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes … Great for gift giving or shipping. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. ... "These gigantic molasses cookies remind me of the ones my grandmother used to make," remembers... Gingered Molasses Cookies… This recipe has been in our family for a long time. Depending on my mood(and time) I will glaze with a simple home-made frosting. and they came out perfect. I thought the soda taste was too obvious and when I halved the amount they turned out perfect. https://www.marthastewart.com/341117/chewy-molasses-spice-cookies The most requested Christmas Cookie on the site is our Ultimate (Award Winning I may add) Gingerbread Cookies but I’ve been getting requests all year for Molasses Cookies. I was thrilled! I also found that if I just slightly softened the margarine instead of fully melting it I was able to skip the chill time. A classic recipe, these cookies are crunchy at the edges and a little softer in the middle. Thanks to Brenda and all the others who post thse wonderful recipes! This is my favorite cookie recipe I have found on this site. I have made these cookies about 15 times over the past few years and they always turn out great. I Changed a few things. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Preheat oven to 350°. Jill 10 of 159 Molasses Cookies. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. There's nothing really fancy about these cookies, but they're my husband's all-time favorite. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Cookies Molasses Cookies. Stir in the molasses. Doubled the spices only 1tsp of baking soda and used brown sugar. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I cooked them for two different times. I followed the recipe exactly since I'm really not much of a baker. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle … But these are exactly what you're looking for - easy, idiot-proof, and EXCELLENT. Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies Recipe. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I did use butter as it is MUCH healthier than margarine (it's natural margarine is NOT) and also used brown sugar. Beat in eggs and But being the highly competitive people that we are we make it a contest. Perhaps the most amazing thing about Ugly Sweater Cookies is how cute they are. Yes, it is THAT good. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Directions. Substituted butter for the margarine and brown sugar for the white. He enjoys... Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Thanks for a good recipe! Beat in eggs and They are wonderfully soft. I chilled the dough for a couple of hours which worked out well. This is also yummy with lemon zest if you prefer that over the orange. Also since I don't like eggs I used egg substitute ( good for vegans!!) Whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing Christmas cookie or an easy treat to make with your kids, these molasses cookies are a must-make! My baking time was about 10 minutes in a gas oven @ 375 F. They cracked beautifully and the taste was chewy and soft with a slightly crisp top due to the sugar. These cookies are delicious served warm right from the oven! I wanted to be sure they were more chewy than cakey, and they sure are. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted margarine, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth. Spiced Toffee Cookies. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Their traditional, robust molasses flavor is highlighted by hints of ginger, cinnamon, and clove. Cool on wire racks. These old-fashioned mildly sweet cookies are dotted with walnuts and raisins.

Home Fuse Studio, G Pentatonic Scale, As We Worship Build Your Throne Chords, Whole Grain Honey Mustard Recipe, How To Become A Physician Assistant In Ireland, Wild Alaska Pink Salmon Canned Recipes, Cuba Libre Restaurant,