In this recipe, I will show how to prepare this stew and the fish will still be intact. While waiting for the fish to finish grilling or frying, blend the peppers and bring to boil on medium … Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer, Peppered Fish (Nigerian Party Peppered Fish). There are just too many jollof … This easy Nigerian fish stew is versatile and can be served with boiled rice or paired with vegetable soups like Efo riro to accompany Nigerian swallow. })(); That delicious peppered something you want to serve your guests next time they visit or the next time you have a party. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How I prepare fish for my fish stew or How I prepare my beef or chicken stock here Then carefully add the boiled pepper to the oil and bring to boil for about 10 minutes. Copyright © 2020 My Active Kitchen on the Cookd Pro Theme. Search for your favorite Nigerian food recipe on this website: enter the name of the meal in the box below and click the search button. Some also prefer it more fluidly like the consistency you get with Buka stew. Search for your favorite Nigerian food recipe on this website: enter the name of the meal in the box below and click the search button. s.parentNode.insertBefore(gcse, s); I grilled the fish used for today’s recipe to keep it healthy but you may choose to fry it if you desire. I have gone and done it, friends! After 30 minutes, grill the fish for a total of 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side. While waiting for the fish to finish grilling or frying, blend the peppers and bring to boil on medium heat for about 10 minutes. The other types of fish you may use or that are popularly used in African fish stew includes croaker fish, Hake fish, Mackerel know as Titus fish in Nigeria. Seriously, This is a great recipe to put on your Christmas Day menu even if you ain’t a fish lover. DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Fish stew! gcse.async = true; Required fields are marked *. Leave to defrost overnight. Prep the fish: de-scale fish and cut into steak, add to a bowl and rinse with water and lemon juice. Take it off the heat and serve immediately. You will find fish in lots of Nigerian recipes: Nigerian soup recipes, Nigerian rice recipes and recipes popularly found in Nigerian restaurants. Categories: Fish Recipes Tags: easy and quick, fish, Your email address will not be published. Haha, this stew would keep in the fridge for up to 3 months. Cover it with a cling film and marinate for at least 30 minutes. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; This is another popular type of stew that you can find in every Nigerian home it is similar to this Nigerian beef stew and they use similar ingredients too. Nigerian Food Search. In the freezer: what is a Nigerian home without some sort of stew in the freezer. PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. Grilled Fish gives you a chance to experiment with your favourite spices, herbs and seasoning. The major challenge when preparing Nigerian Fish Stew is that the fish scatters in the stew. Pepper mix: which consists of red bell peppers known as tatashe, onion, tomato and scotch bonnet (ata rodo), Vegetable oil: swap with palm oil or groundnut oil, Chicken bouillon powder: substitute with any stock cube of choice. This simple and delicious West African stew recipe is packed full of flavour and uses a handful of everyday ingredients you may already have in your pantry. The first on my list would be the all too popular jollof rice. This pepper mix is typically cooked in palm, vegetable or groundnut oil until fried. I now have a YouTube channel where I will be sharing all the delicious recipes featured on my blog. Jollof Rice. All rights reserved. var sc_invisible=0; gcse.src = 'https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx=' + cx; For my Nigerian stew, I am using red bream also known as red headless. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); var sc_project=7832586; Every West African stew recipe starts with a common pepper mix which consists of red bell pepper, tomatoes, onions, and scotch bonnet chilli. Continue to cook on low heat for another 5 minutes. Finally, as always lovelies, if you make this suya chicken wings recipe. Add the grilled fish to the stew and carefully mix to combine. Also, pin this recipe on Pinterest or tag me your beautiful yummy image on Instagram. Blend the Thyme, Rosemary, Cayenne Pepper, 3 Garlic, Cloves, 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 1/2 of the Ginger, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil and half onion till smooth…. Your email address will not be published. Fish steaks: I am using red headless but you can use hake, mackerel or croaker fish. Nigerian Fish Recipes. (function() { Please kindly subscribe and turn on the notification button so you don’t miss any of my video recipes. Marinate the fish: add garlic granules, onion powder, ginger powder, parsley and 1 teaspoon of bouillon powder to the fish and mix to combine. Some even take it further and add other types of pepper to their mix. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Then transfer the fish to a colander to drain excess moisture. Add chopped onions and stir fry until translucent. This fish is so delicious and holds its shape when cooked and doesn’t taste too fishy. Also, like my videos and share with your friends and family. Pound the garlic cloves with the habanero pepper and parsley using a mortar and … THANK YOU! gcse.type = 'text/javascript'; Season the stew with salt and bouillon powder to taste, stir to combine and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until you can see the oil floating on top of the stew. Cook the stew: place a pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil and heat until hot. Related post: If you would rather use fresh fish for this recipe, follow the steps used in this mackerel stew recipe and substitute the palm oil for vegetable oil. Firstly, clean the fish thoroughly, then make deep incisions on the fish to allow deep penetration of marinade. Fish stew! var gcse = document.createElement('script'); Then transfer the fish to a colander to drain excess moisture. Prep the fish: de-scale fish and cut into steaks, add to a bowl and rinse with water and lemon juice. You can also use Tilapia fish but I prefer to fry it except I am making imooyo. var sc_text=2; Copyright © 2020. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All Nigerian Recipes. I love to serve this grilled fish stew with plain okra soup, with coconut fried rice or rice and beans. You will find fish in lots of Nigerian recipes: Nigerian soup recipes, Nigerian rice recipes and recipes popularly found in Nigerian restaurants. African Stew, catfish stew, nigerian fish stew, fish steaks: I am using red headless but you can use hake, vegetable oil: swap with palm oil or groundnut oil, chicken bouillon powder: substitute with any stock cube of choice.

Pepperoni Pizza Near Me, Burning Rangers 're Release, Braggs Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Bypass Door Sensor, Country Dream Menu, Cheap Garage Doors, 3rd Floor Apartment Break In, Carbondale, Il Restaurants,