What is it that you are asking the customers? (or whatever it is the customer is drinking.). "OK" and "Sure" might be very common in the US, but we generally don't use "sure" in the UK in this context. I wouldn't read too much into it. JavaScript is disabled. See Wiktionary Terms of Use for details. In France one has to specifically ask for a pitcher of water to be put on the table, otherwise one ends up unwittingly buying bottled water. Sure can be pronounced in a very high pitched manner and may be accompanied by sarcastic head nodding. Well, it depends where you are working, as well. Used to indicate acknowledgement or acceptance. (obsolete) Free from danger; safe; secure. may sound a little pretentious, so I'm afraid, once again, the environment in which you're working is everything. A comment/ statement made when an individual would like to imply sarcasm or a lack of interest towards something someone else says. Not at all, would also work, I think, but if we take a café scenario. 3. Guru +1 y. As a response by a waiter to a customer, I would find "OK" or "Sure" to be less than truly polite. As a interjection sure is yes, of course. Ok is a synonym of sure. Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; (computing) To confirm by activating a button marked, satisfactory, reasonably good; not exceptional. You wold ask by saying "Would you like some more coffee?" An utterance expressing exasperation, similar to "". Saying "you're welcome" every time someone thanks you for refilling their glass could get irritating for both customer and yourself, but there's no really widely used alternative, apart from a smile. "Certainly" is a useful alternative, and would sound fine, if not overused, at least on the East side of the Atlantic. Physically secure and certain, non-failing, reliable. 2. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; additional terms may apply. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You must log in or register to reply here. When the customer says "thank you" when you refill the glasses, you may say nothing. As a adverb sure is without doubt. He was just acknowledging that he would let you know if he wants to hang out. As a response by a waiter to a customer, I would find "OK" or "Sure" to be less than truly polite. What country are you working in? Used to introduce a sentence in order to draw attention to the importance of what is being said. Most Helpful Girls. Add Opinion. What is it that you are asking the customers? The question is about English language usage. It's possible that the expectation of a filled water glass is an American expectation. Pay attention to whether he does try to initiate plans, and if he follows through. English is not the language most commonly spoken in restaurants in France. The United States is by far the largest English speaking nation. As adjectives the difference between ok and sure is that ok is (informal) (ok) while sure is physically secure and certain, non-failing, reliable. Sure. "Okay sure" meaning? On the other hand, you would ask the customer if he or she wold like more of another beverage (such as coffee.) Darkfairie17 | 349 opinions shared on Flirting topic. GreenWhiteBlue's suggestion may well be correct etiquette in an expensive restaurant (of which I know nothing, A good waiter will keep a customer's water glass filled at all times, so it is not necessary to ask if the customer wants more water: if the water glas is less than full, the waiter should fill it automatically.

Pakistan National Things, Klipsch Subwoofer R-12sw, Fender American Performer Telecaster Honey Burst, Molasses For Thicker Hair, Prawn Cocktail Crisps, Christ University Admissions, Marzetti Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe, Linda Richards Clothing,