Once cool, the cookies can be piled into a freezer-safe bag and frozen. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Vanilla. But since I hadn’t even eaten any packaged protein cookies, I didn’t start with their ingredient list when I developed this recipe. Success! (If you love peanut butter flavor in cookies, try these healthy Granola Cookies too.) Notify me of replies to my comment via email. There was an error submitting your subscription. You can try replacing the whole egg with a “chia egg” and the egg yolk with some butter for moisture. These are also EASY protein cookies. Why this recipe works: Vegan peanut butter protein cookies are so simple to make, you don’t even need a mixer. The oils will reabsorb during baking, though. Your email address will not be published. But they’re in no way a healthy snack or breakfast cookie. Both were key to making these cookies tasting tender and being moist, especially since they have a lot of protein (which can make baked goods tough) and don’t have a ton of sugar. I’m so happy that you’ve enjoyed them, Stephanie! Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Rather than spend a small fortune, I decided to see if I could come up with my own recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Cookies that delivered the same qualities promised on the wrapper—high protein, peanut butter packed, soft, chewy, delicious—but wouldn’t blow my grocery budget or eat up my daily calorie count if I decided to have more than one. HELLO! Each cookie has 4 grams of protein! I’m so happy that you enjoyed them, Debbie! I’ve thought about trying them so many times, but I’ve held back each time for a few reasons. Corn-free: You do need some sort of starch to go along with the protein powder, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be cornstarch. Unsubscribe at any time. Have you noticed all of the single-serving protein cookies that are for sale these days? They are more reminiscent of a healthy muffin-like cookie than an ooey-gooey peanut butter cookie but are still a yummy, relatively high-protein option. Put … THESE WERE SO BOMB AND FLUFFY! Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. I use, this brand of vanilla whey protein powder, These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are naturally gluten free, as the whey protein and coconut flour replace the wheat flour. This protein cookie recipe from Well Plated is a little more decadent than the ones I've listed so far. Using wet fingers, pat into a disk about 1/2-inch thick. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that not only did most of these protein cookies contain nearly as many calories as a full meal (well beyond my needs for a cookie), they cost almost $3 each and the ingredient list left quite a bit to be desired. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture. Creamy, irresistible peanut butter is packed into every bite of these cookies. Say hello to my healthy homemade Peanut Butter Protein Cookies! In addition to the peanut butter and eggs, the majority of the protein in these cookies comes from the use of whey protein. That’s fine, since not everything healthy has to be gluten free, and just because something is gluten free certainly doesn’t mean it’s healthy. First of all, the Lenny & Larry’s “The Complete Cookie” is the one I see most often, and it’s not gluten free. Egg. But the less you handle the dough and the more quickly you work, the easier the cookie dough will be to manage. It should become a thick paste. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. To create this recipe, I started with my recipe for plain flourless peanut butter cookies. A pinch of cinnamon adds delightful warmth and sets these cookies apart from the rest. Few things are better than when healthy treats are acceptable any time of day… am I right? Easy reader favorites, made with ingredients you have on hand! The will seem very dry first but will continue to come together as you stir and push. When I was developing this recipe, I made it with only one egg, without the extra yolk, and without the cornstarch. Have you noticed all of the single-serving protein cookies that are for sale these days? Say hello to my healthy homemade Peanut Butter Protein Cookies! Gluten-free and dairy-free. Disclosure & Privacy Policy. I’m sorry to hear that these cookies didn’t turn out for you, Olivia. If you need a firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. I haven’t tried making it with the drippy kind of peanut butter that you have to stir before you can use, but that typically isn’t great for baking. I make gluten-free food enjoyable & affordable. If you decide to play around with the recipe and test it out, I’d love to hear how it goes! Then add the peanut butter, honey, and optional vanilla and chocolate chips and mix. If you can’t have oats, no worries. I like to use mini chocolate chips since just a couple tablespoons of them go a long, long way. Packed with kids' favorite ingredients like peanut butter and chocolate chips, they're great for families to have for a quick breakfast! Stir it around until it is all mixed together well. ! I use this brand of vanilla whey protein powder. I don’t know if it will work, and it will likely produce cookies with a green tinge. Add the miniature chocolate chips, and mix until they’re evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Absolutely the best! This PROTEIN Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is delicious, moist, filling, AND healthy all at the same time. Defrost briefly before serving. This easy recipe makes 2 dozen delicious, healthy cookies made with chocolate protein powder. The consistency of the dough may vary based on the brand of protein powder and nut butter you use. With a rubber spatula, work in the protein powder and coconut flour until well combined. These easy chocolate chip peanut butter protein cookies are made in one bowl, with high-quality whey protein, smooth peanut butter, and just a touch of honey. Why not start with whole grain flour, which is the good stuff anyway? Add the peanut butter, honey, egg and egg yolk, and optional vanilla, and mix just until combined. I haven’t tried this recipe with vegan or plant-based protein powders yet, but I have heard from readers that have had success with pea protein. I’m so happy that you enjoyed them, KT! These will be tough to make egg-free for that reason. At this point, judge your dough, as the amount of moisture may vary based on the brand of protein powder and nut butter you use. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are barely golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem fairly doughy. Skip to content. Dairy-free: I first learned how useful whey protein isolate is in gluten free baking when I developed the gluten free bread flour blend for my bread cookbook, Gluten Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread. Preheat your oven to 325°F. But be warned… These peanut butter cookies are pretty darn addictive!. Home > Snacks > Peanut butter protein cookies. Mix briskly until ingredients are well blended. Approximate nutrition information for 1 of 8 cookies: Protein 8.4 g | Calories 168 kcal | Carbohydrates 12 g | Fat 10.4 g |. Few things are better than when healthy treats are acceptable any time of day… am I … I’ve thought about trying them so many times, but I’ve held back each time for a few reasons. Please try again. It should be slightly sticky but not a total mushy mess. The simplest recipes are typically the most difficult to alter. I substituted coconut sugar for monk fruit and oh my gosh I could eat the entire thing. By entering your email, you're agreeing to our Privacy Policy. To the peanut butter mixture, add the maple syrup and protein powder and mix well. They’re a variation on the 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe that’s been around forever, and they’re great for a quick treat. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. https://www.asweetpeachef.com/peanut-butter-protein-cookies The star of the show! I haven’t tried a plant-based protein powder yet, but a few readers have reported that pea protein powders have yielded delicious results.

Glutamic Acid In Food, Chepachet, Ri Antiques, Narset, Enlightened Master Edh Budget, Kotlin In Action Meap, Goat Gestation Period, Pakistani Sabzi Dishes, How Many Years Is Vet School,