I did bake the crust for 20 minutes, per the recipe. Didn’t taste like pecan pie, as I hoped! Saltine Cracker Candy with Toasted Pecans, 25 Spring Cakes to Make in Your Favorite Bundt Pan, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Add in … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It seems too crumbly, but once it cooks and the filling is poured on top, it is a wonderful buttery shortbread consistency. Because the volume of filling was deep I cooked it in a 325 convection oven for considerably longer than the recipe stated. Then sprinkle into pan and press firmly making as even as possible. The bars freeze well too! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. But not where the paper is covered.) Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The only downfall is that it is very very sweet. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 3 tablespoons margarine, melted. 1cup butter & a pinch of salt)prepared and baked the same way as the recipe. Pam eliminates sticking troubles. This was great. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 2 cups all-purpose flour. To test for doneness, gently shake the pan. Also I lined my pan with foil and then greased the foil and had no trouble removing them from the pan. The center is still nice and gooey, yet not requiring utensils or a napkin. Also, don't be worried by the texture of the crust when you're mixing it. Pam eliminates sticking troubles. There is no run-over or clean-up required. The round crusts had to be manipulated a bit but it worked out fine. —Sylvia Ford, Kennett, Missouri. If the filling jiggles, keep baking. ½ cup butter. Make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer. I also had to bake it about 15 min longer than instructed to get the center to set. Either way, I don't think you will be disappointed. I'll be making these again! I took these to a bake sale at my son's school and got rave reviews! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. My husband said they were too rich for him. Be sure the grease the sides of the pan well, as the filling can be hard to clean off. 1 cup butter. If you get just a slight bit of movement at the center, the bars are ready to be taken out of the oven. At that point, they'll be too dry. It seems too crumbly, but once it cooks and the filling is poured on top, it is a wonderful buttery shortbread consistency. To test for doneness, gently shake the pan. I also used half butter half margarine in the crust and all butter in the topping. Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. If the filling jiggles, keep baking. I did adjust the cook time by about 15 minutes to get a firm set and that seemed to work out well. I highly recommend them! I cater, and my clients asked me to keep these in regular rotation. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It worked perfectly. Maybe I did something wrong, but we didn’t love these. 1 ½ cups light corn syrup. I just used 3 eggs.) 3/4 cup butter, softened. When the bars are done cooking, cool on the counter for about 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Since the filling was similar to my pecan pie recipe, I used 5 eggs, increased pecans to 3 cups, threw in a handful of left-over chocolate chips that I had on hand. The center is still nice and gooey, yet not requiring utensils or a napkin. To test for doneness, gently shake the pan. I absolutely love pecan pie but often find that it is made too thick and is thus overly sweet and rich. At that point, they'll be too dry. I made in a 9 x 13 pan and cooked at same temp and time. First, you have to have the right size jelly roll pan! I suggest using the large disposable foil pans found at Sam's Club or Wal-Mart. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. If the filling jiggles, keep baking. Don't worry about the crunchy edges. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/17205/classic-pecan-pie-bars Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Excellent recipe! In the crust I used real butter and had it soft, I used 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, instead of white;omit the salt. DO NOT GREASE/BUTTER PAPER! 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Also, don't be worried by the texture of the crust when you're mixing it. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I will be making these often! My husband loves pecan pie but I used this recipe with the shortbread crust and he went crazy over it! I used a 12X18 inch dark metal pan. Stir in pecans. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Not too thin not too thick. Added the mini chocolate chips too. 1 ½ cups white sugar. In the "gooey" part I only used 1/2 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. brown sugar. Classic Southern pecan pie, with its sticky, nutty filling, gets simplified into easy-to-eat bars featuring a crunchy shortbread crust. The filling did not leak at all and the crust lifted easily from the bottom of the pan! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Since, my pan was dark, I lowered the temperature to 325. But if your pan is not large enough, please stick to the others who used a 9X13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. I followed the reviewer's suggestion of changing servings to 24 servings in order to get correct ingrediant amounts for a 9x13 pan. Just make sure your 15x10 is deep enough that it doesn't boil over in the oven. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons margarine, and vanilla until smooth. Cut into bars. Spread over hot crust. Bake the bars: Pour the pecan filling over the prepared crust and use a spatula to spread the pecans evenly, if needed. My office insists that I make them. Preheat oven to 350°. These are truly a "keeper" and were enjoyed by family. These were awesome and I'm not even a big pecan pie fan. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1 1/2 … And I did not have any boil-over. Pam eliminates sticking troubles. ½ cup white sugar. Since the filling was similar to my pecan pie recipe, I used 5 eggs, increased pecans to 3 cups, threw in a handful of left-over chocolate chips that I had on hand. 3 tablespoons whipping cream. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/favorite-pecan-pie-bars Also, don't be worried by the texture of the crust when you're mixing it. First I opted not to use a jelly roll pan as so many said it made a mess. I cater, and my clients asked me to keep these in regular rotation. They went about 1/2 way up the side of the pan. These were the perfect solution. Congrats! As with brownies, lots of people like the crunchy edge. The new Reynold's Wrap Easy Release Foil works well to help get them out of the pan when the carmel sticks to the edge of your pan. Excellent recipe! In the crust I used real butter and had it soft, I used 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, instead of white;omit the salt. Yummy! These are great! Per suggestions, I also used half brown sugar and half white sugar for the filling, plus butter instead of margarine. ¾ cup white sugar. Soooo gooood. I toasted my pecans for a few minutes before adding them and I didn't bother chopping them. I feel like that's a must. 4 eggs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Since, my pan was dark, I lowered the temperature to 325. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven. In this recipe I think it is best to line to lightly grease the pan … The filling fit perfectly and I also added a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips to the top! Send your favorite holiday travelers on their way with a package of these nutty little bars to eat when they get home. I also lined the pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Let me share my thoughts on this really great pecanpie bars. I am a big pecan pie fan and I think I like these even better than the pie! 1/2 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar). Fabulous! There is no way that these bars could be cooked in 25 minutes, per the recipe (unless you expect to eat the bars with a spoon). Per suggestions, I also used half brown sugar and half white sugar for the filling, plus butter instead of margarine. This pecan bar recipe is the perfect little gift this winter. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. I lined the pan with parchment paper (Make sure it goes up on all four sides, if not and it 'leaks' it WILL stick! First, you have to have the right size jelly roll pan! 1 cup … 3 cups all-purpose flour. You don't want to cook them until there is no movement. ½ teaspoon salt. I’ll definitely use this recipe again. Just about everyone said "These are perfect - not too sweet at all!" The crust is buttery, and the filling is sweet and gooey.

Garlic Rolls No Yeast, How To Make Room Spray To Sell, Handy Uk Phone Number, How Long Is Thrush Contagious For, Benefits Of Avocado Oil, Newman's Own Creamy Balsamic Dressing,