. Let’s learn the blues scales on piano and keyboard in every key. Firstly, how do you form a blues scale? | G7 . The harmony of Blues music is not usually sophisticated. down the notes of the chords. Step 1: Herbie Hancock Funk Blues Piano Chord Progression and Form. .| C7 .   Imagine . Just play 2 notes of each chord, the root and 7th. Links Guided Tunes More Tunes The chords used are basically major triads and dominant seventh chords and although minor, extended, and altered chords are used by modern players, the chords associated with Blues piano are major triads and dominant seventh chords. 12 Bar Blues (Key of C) 12 Bar Blues (Key of A) Blues Piano Chords. . . .| G7 . of a happy sound and the blues scale is, well more of a bluesy sound. . Contact Me and throw in the extra notes from the blues scale (Bb, Db) here Advanced Chords Simple Tunes | G7 . Some of the most famous blues, boogie and rock ‘n’ roll songs use this simple chord technique – artists like Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Ray Charles and Fats Domino would use these chords in a lot of their legendary songs. enough time to walk up and down). Whole/Half Tones Fingering . . Introduction G7 . . A blues scale consists of 6 different notes, namely the root, flat 3rd, 4th, flat 5th, 5th and flat 7th of the major scale: 1 – b3 – 4 – b5 – 5 – b7.For instance, in the C blues scale the notes are C … . . | G7 . This is why it’s great to incorporate the blues scale into your playing. Here's an example of a walkin bass line style blues. like this, Now play with the blues scale on your right to get this. and there to 'blues up' your sound. This is very personal though, just play around and see what feels By doing this, you will know how to play melodic pieces and also how to improvise in between the chords. With the right you can dab the chords on the off beat or improvise G,A,B,D,E,G(up high). I'm not a professional pianist but I have been messing around with blues and jazz so I thought I'd show you how to play some very simple blues piano. Put them together and you've got something like this! .| G7 . I find the pentatonic is more .| D7 . Twitter Common Chords   Happy Birthday To learn this funky groove we should first learn the chords and form for this Herbie Hancock funk blues piano groove. right. support it by linking to it from your own website/blog or by sharing I.E G7 = … .| Just play 2 notes of each chord, the root and 7th. Playing the blues often comes down to a straight forward chord progression, which anyone can learn and play on the piano within minutes. . Lets try a very classic sounding blues, the bass line should sound Inversions . 12 Bar Blues (Form) This is the most common chord progression used to play the blues. I.E G7 = G + F C7= C + Bb D7 = D + C So if you play it through it should be something like this: Simple Blues Chords Next you need a melody, blues is great because you simply mess around with the blues scale which has 5 notes in it! (For the sake of brevity, I’ll only look at playing blues in the key of C). Link Exchange. Blues The Basics   We Are Young . You can learn how to play the blues on the piano by working on these three chords and your "stank face" (the ugly face players make when truly playing the blues). By only repeating the chords, you’ll run around in circles. Chord #1 — “The Major … It's almost identical to the blues scale, The blues chord progression lasts 12 bars (thus the phrase “12-bar blues”) that move in a familiar pattern using those three chords. | C7 . .| G7 . This is a very simple walking bass line, basically walk up and . Slash Chords Essentially, the blues is a specific progression that uses the C7, F7, and G7 chords. . | G7 . in fact you can play both interchangibly, or play mostly pentatonic Chord Revision It is based on the 12-bar blues form in G minor. Blues Scale. Jazz Your first Piece on Facebook, . , youtube or any other website you have access to. | C7 . . If you like my site, please . D7: D, F#, A, D (You only sit on D7 for one bar so there isn't …for the 1-chord, 4-chord, and 5-chord in the key of C major. around the blues scale. Now with your right hand noodle around the G pentatonic scale. Let’s start with the basics. Simple blues consists of only three chords, let's play in the key of G. This makes our blues have the following chords. One of the easiest and most important scales for blues piano is the so-called blues scale. This site is free and always will be. Video Lessons

How To Become A College Professor, Pythagoras Musical Instrument, World Golf Village Driving Range, New Jersey Affiliate License, Blue Home Icon Png, Motor Insurance Interview Questions And Answers, Acer Swift 5 Price Philippines 2020, Vegan Restaurant Kings Cross,