1. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I have been talking about a pistachio loaf for a while, but never thought about making a sweet one. I have been talking about a pistachio loaf for a while, but never thought about making a sweet one. 6. Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. In the second of the Hummingbird Bakery recipe books “Cake Days” I remembered a pretty looking pistachio loaf cake. Considering the doctor bird, a spectacularly colourful species of hummingbird, is the national symbol of Jamaica and inhabits nowhere else, the Caribbean roots sound more convincing. 3. Cream the sugar and butter together in a mixer. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer), combine dry cake … Pistachio Loaf cake as baked from the second Hummingbird Bakery recipe book. tinned pineapple crush (not drained), 100g (1 stick less 1 tbsp.) Ooh, this looks lovely. Once pale, add the eggs 1 at a time and crank the beater up ensuring they are all … Cool in the tin for 30 minutes, turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Allow the loaf to cool a little in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool down fully before adding the glaze. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (fan) or 180 degrees (conventional), and grease and line a 2lb cake tin with baking parchment. This looks amazing.X. The only explanation might be in the export value of the cake recipe – tinned pineapple is a staple in the US I imagine, also less accustomed is the thought of making a cake with fresh fruit and the hassle of crushing the pineapple would probably kill the appeal of the ‘easy’ recipe. The things GROW there. Instructions. Jason is a big fan of pistachio, so I'll have to whip this up for him! ( Log Out /  As for buttercream on the other hand, you can let the reigns of your fancy go loose and I had planned to try out the fresh apple buttercream variant. Delicious! 5. Sprinkle with the extra chopped pistachios and chill before serving. I can’t take any credit for this recipe, all I can do is reap the horde of brownie points it delivered. Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer or with a hand-held … Sounds mighty delicious! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom of an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Transfer into a greased loaf in and bake for one hour. All the southern recipe sites describe it as a southern gem, specialty and classic but apparently it was a PR gimmick from Jamaica sent to the US in a tourist-enticing campaign. ( Log Out /  It’s main ingredients – tropical banana and pineapple – give a clue as to its origins. Add eggs and oil and stir to combine. And hummingbirds are more colourful than the boring brown so pistachios seemed much more fitting. Make the buttercream: place the butter, icing sugar, cinnamon, cream and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or in a standing mixer for a minute on low speed, to combine, and then on high speed for at least 5 minutes until fluffy, airy and creamy. Transfer the pistachio mixture to a large bowl. Make the buttercream: place the butter, icing sugar, cinnamon, cream and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or in a standing mixer for a minute on low speed, to combine, and then on high speed for at least 5 minutes until fluffy, airy and creamy. Be notified by email when a comment is posted, 75g (¾ cup) raw shelled pistachios, finely chopped, 300g (10 oz.) You are subscribed to push notifications. Turn out and leave to cool whilst you whip up the icing. Reply. unsalted butter, softened, 1 small tart apple, peeled and coarsely grated. Pistachio Loaf Cake with White Chocolate Cream Frosting. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until smooth. Kristy Norrell. Place the icing sugar in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water and mix together. 2. Delicious! We welcome your feedback and suggestions. 5. Yes, I did. Charli @ Charli-dot-dot-dot.blogspot.com. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In another bowl beat the eggs with oil and vanilla extract and stir in the crushed pineapple until combined. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. And there we have it: my version of the hummingbird cake is purely pineapple, with buttercream for frosting topped with pistachios. Oh yummmmmmmy! As I’m lazy, I make a very thick icing, so I don’t have to wait for it to set before slicing. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Share Tweet Pin. The cake contained chopped pistachios as well as some extra sprinkled on the top of icing drizzled all over the top. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. 6 thoughts on “Hummingbird Bakery Pistachio Loaf” Louise Lavender says: February 5, 2013 at 18:35 Ooh, this looks lovely. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Plus, apple – pineapple – geddit? Change ). Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. There seems to be a jostle between southern US states and Jamaica, both claiming the fame of the cake’s origins. I don’t think you feed it to the namesakes, even less probable that it’s made OF them. Get the latest recipes from Cuisine Fiend. And finally, I don’t like pecans that much. Ignore my advice at your peril. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 50 – 55 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. ( Log Out /  I must admit haven’t had the best of luck with Hummingbird Bakery recipes in the past. Sieve together flour and baking powder, and add to the mix in two stages. Why is it called ‘hummingbird cake’? Turn the speed right down and mix in the grated apple. I recently came across a recipe in the Hummingbird Bakery’s “Cake Days” for this pistachio loaf cake and the idea really appealed to me. That’s all very well but tinned pineapple? Pulse 1 cup of the pistachios and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a food processor until very finely ground. … Pistachio Loaf with Drippy Icing—wishing you a very merry, and a happy, happy! Preparation. Charli says: February 5, 2013 at 19:59 Oh yummmmmmmy! Then there was the issue of cream cheese frosting which is common as muck, and there’s hardly any variety to it. When the cake is cold, pile the buttercream over the top and smooth over with an offset palette knife. ( Log Out /  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Butter a round 20cm/8 inch cake tin and line the bottom with a disc of parchment. I’d recommend you do so also.

Annie Chun's Seaweed Crisps Lead Warning, Square Root Of 400 By Prime Factorization, Merchandise Category Example, Pulled Pork Oven Recipe, Filipino Squash Recipe, Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Peperoncino Ingredients,