If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. After parboiling the diced sweet potatoes for 4 minutes (should've done longer for 6-8 minutes--we're at 5,280 ft in Denver), I drained them in a colander and set aside. Then, I added the browned pork slices back in and covered and let simmer another 10 minutes and thickened up the sauce with some corn starch mixed with water. ground cinnamon. Apple and Sweet Potato Pork Chop Casserole Recipe . I reviewed the comments and decided to fix this in the crock pot. I put half of the sliced and pounded pork tenderloin slices into the flour bag and shook them and then browned them in the dutch oven (in canola oil) I'd used to parboil the potatoes. BuggyBob. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes; uncover and bake until pork is no longer pink inside and sweet potato cubes are tender, about 20 more minutes. The sweet potatoes did take longer to ocok, but we are at a high altitude. Ingredients Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot skillet until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pork Tenderloin with Cran-Apple Sauerkraut, Pressure-Cooker Pork with Apples and Dried Plums, Country French Pork with Prunes and Apples, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed, 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth. I absolutely love the flavor - pretty unique - not something I would say I've had before though it is a bit reminiscent of other rich stews with sherry in it. Place the pork, sweet potato, tomatoes, garlic, spring onions, cummin seeds, tabasco sauce (if using), salt and pepper in a 6 litre slow cooker. The rosemary and thyme are a nice touch. Our family enjoyed it very much, plus we had enough leftovers for another dinner--which I like to have when cooking weeknight dinners. So last time I added some (rinsed canned) black beans (about 3/4 Cup) to the leftover stew and we liked it even more the next day! Next time I'd add some cinnamon, perhaps. My husband said if the had ordered this in a restaurant, he wouldn't order it again. Stir in the cornflour mixture and mix well. The pork was tender enough, but if you make this, either parboil your sweet potatoes, use canned or cook for a lot longer like I had to. I though it would turn out too sweet because of the sugar and the sweet potatoes but it surprisingly wasn't. I used 2.75 lbs of sweet potatoes (2 large sweet potatoes) with 2.8 lbs of pork which filled a 3 qt casserole dish heaping full. Spray a large casserole dish or Dutch oven with cooking spray. Mix together the water and cornflour to form a paste. I'll make it again soon. My family really liked this. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). This is a keeper for me. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pork-chops-with-sweet-potato 482 calories; protein 32.2g 64% DV; carbohydrates 52g 17% DV; fat 14.4g 22% DV; cholesterol 79.6mg 27% DV; sodium 532.9mg 21% DV. thickness. With sweet potatoes, dried cranberries and apple slices, this colorful pork dish is especially popular during fall and winter. i didn't transfer my pork into another dish after browning it. Super tasty. I used 2 teaspoons of each of the herbs and threw in some bay leaves. This is a very good pork stew recipe-I usually make it exactly by the original recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion, and sauté until golden. Will try this again as written. Bring to a boil. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Beef was nice and tender stew had great flavor! My daughter who is a great cook demanded the recipe. Return to a boil. Finally, I mixed in the sliced apple and let simmer another 3-4 minutes. There was very little flavor in this, quite disappointing. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Short on wine so used some water and chicken soup base. Did this tonight in the crockpot. Our classic casserole is made up of sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, and a few spices. To make this in the Crock-Pot, transfer the stew to your slow cooker after Step 3. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until pork and sweet potatoes are tender. I had high hopes for this but have to say I was very disappointed with the results. Stir in mustard. I do think that you need to add seasonings beyond the basic recipe, so season and flavor to your own personal taste.

Order Sabra Hummus Online, Dance Dance Revolution V, Chromatic Solfege Chart, Liftmaster Remote With Dip Switches, Beethoven Biography Worksheet Pdf, Dark Souls 3 Trophies, Kielbasa And Sauerkraut Oven, Migas Con Huevo,