(c) The Fortress of his life (verse 1), in which he was perpetually hidden. The psalmist knew this as a fact of experience, and he could urge it as a plea now in his present distress. He hath said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." 1. Service to God. It not only implies trust, but love and service. God has his own time and method of doing things. To this question there seems to be no possible answer; and thus the very diversity of the two parts would seem to show an original union. This is a wise, humble, comprehensive prayer. Email. 3. In the first burst of joy at his recent victory, the 'host" which remains unconquered seems of light account—let them advance—let them "encamp against him"—his heart will not be afraid; but when the joy has had full vent, there is a reaction; the enemies then appear more formidable, and God's aid is besought against them (see Psalms 27:9-12). Confidence comes from experience. But, like the psalmist, let us not flinch or fear. They are the language of a heart that waits in secret on God (Matthew 6:6). ); and so also did other saints (Psalms 44:24; Psalms 88:14). How sinful and, foolish to incur the risks of life ourselves! Faith hoping. HOW Is THIS COMMAND TO BE OBEYED; this invitation accepted; this purpose carried out; this fellowship experienced? God is always saying it. With some religion is a chance, as settled by birth. There is an emphasis on "mine enemies," which implies that the adversaries were not the foes of the country, but David's personal foes. of We know that God will not call us to confront an enemy that we cannot lay low, nor to bear a cross which we cannot carry, nor to endure a trial we cannot sustain, nor to do a work which we cannot perform. "In this will I be confident" (1 Kings 22:19, 2 Kings 6:15; Acts 20:24). A special occasion seems to be intended, so that the LXX. Psalms 28:8; Psalms 31:4; Psalms 71:2; Psalms 144:2). With an effort of faith, the writer just saves himself from despair (Psalms 27:14), and then, in brave words, braces himself up for further endurance. A cry is raised for mercy and pity—the wrath of God is deprecated—rejection and desertion are contemplated and prayed against (Psalms 27:7-10). 1. And my Salvation (comp. HE HAD DIVINE WARRANT. It is quite conceivable that during the rebellion under Absalom, having obtained some important success, he may have considered it an occasion for thanksgiving; and that, after his thanks were paid, his thoughts may have reverted to the still-continuing difficulties of the situation, the danger which impended (Psalms 27:11, Psalms 27:12), the calumnies to which he was exposed (Psalms 27:12), the desertion of those near and dear to him (Psalms 27:10), the fact that the chastisement had been provoked by his own sin (Psalms 27:9); and so the strain, which began in jubilation, may not unnaturally have ended in a plea for mercy. This is an exhortation, not to others, but to himself (comp. Truth is not born with us, nor can it be obtained without our own efforts. They that seek shall find (Isaiah 49:1-26 :49; Jeremiah 29:13). 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 2. Psalms 18:2; Psalms 61:2). True religion is characterized by—. Faith seeking. His strength is made perfect in weakness. 3. The Psalm is a cry for and ultimately a declaration of belief in the greatness of God and trust in the protection he provides. Bible commentary - Psalm 27 - Nice to read when in trouble. ", True religion begins with God. (1 Samuel 22:8, "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face." Never think to gain anything by paltering with duty. It records, as has been said, "the triumph of a warrior's faith." All right inquiry is practical. Be the path what it may, those shall be safe who trust God's leading (Isaiah 35:8; Romans 8:28; Jude 1:24; Proverbs 15:19). II. When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. THE LANGUAGE OF FAITH, LAYING HOLD ON GOD'S PROMISE. But instead of these, we see, by faith, a glorious victory, and we hail its coming with renewed courage and praise (verses 13, 14).—W.F. It must be sought for its own sake. And such as breathe out cruelty; or, violence. Psalms 26:8); to offer there "sacrifices of joy" (Psalms 27:6); to sing there psalms of thanksgiving. A PATH EASY TO SEE; free from intricacy and obscurity. Light is revealing. Till now the danger which threatens him is as prominent an object as the salvation and defence were before." Moral courage. David once again petitions God for help. I for one will obey thee—Thy face, Lord, will I seek." Psalms 92:11, Authorized Version, but leave out the words in italics; Psalms 37:34 -47.) I. Though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident, One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after. One of the great trials of life is when duty is not plain; duties seem to clash. It has many characteristics of his style, the sudden transition and change in the tone of thought being one. Let us study these in order. This Psalm is written by David and it is a reflection of how his faith in the power of God sustained him through many trials. God is on our side, and will help with the direct aid of his Spirit all who are aiming at the right. We praise God, but the organ gives the voice-power (see verse 6, Hebrew). Note: (a) Light (verse 1). Faith dreading. "Be strong," he says to himself, and he (i.e. There is a notion in many minds that because God is love, he must love all alike—as he dispenses rain and sunshine to all alike—good and bad, lovely and hateful; and that because he is just, he must treat all alike. We are but obeying the Divine voice within and without us when we seek for refuge and an escape from all evil in God. God is All and in all. Avarice is thought prudence; pride is self-respect; cruelty claims to be justice, etc. On the open plain you see it for miles. (Psalms 27:7-14) is sad and plaintive. He likens the Divine invitation, "Seek ye my face," to the key wherewith faith opens the door for prayer. 2. But then verse 7 seems to wrench us back to uncertainty and fear. Once people read the explanation of Psalm 27, they will surely understand it …

Denon Avr-x6700h Review, Hand Of The Praetors Price, Asus Chromebook Flip C436, Small Keyboard Wireless, Aero Chocolate Bar Near Me, William James Philosophy, Remote Control For Commercial Garage Door Opener, Wireless Strapless Bra,