First of all, I love roasted sweet potatoes so that’s the first awesome part about this lunch. It is one of our favorites! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Serve right away. It won’t go to waste, but I’ll be the only one eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner ;) I am happy to say it is really good. This sweet potato and apple quinoa salad is full of spinach and walnuts with a bright dressing. While they are roasting, make the quinoa using the apple cider as broth. The quinoa and sweet potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. This delicious, super-healthy quinoa salad is a great meal-in-one; it makes an ideal vegetarian option at the Thanksgiving table. Meanwhile, on a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. I can see this on the fall table for lots of occasions. Add the quinoa and toast over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. What a fabulous combo! In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Perhaps I misread it. Call it a Buddha bowl, hippie bowl, goddess bowl – whatever you call it, make sure you give this a try! Cover and simmer the quinoa for 16 minutes. Roasted Sweet Potato, Apple, and Quinoa Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette INGREDIENTS. Your taste buds will love this tasty Apple Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad that is full of flavor and makes the perfect vegetarian side dish for dinner or holidays! I’ll let you in on a little secret – well maybe two! We are getting into one of my favorite times of the year – fall. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and hearty pinches of salt and pepper. Copyright © 2020 Cooking on the Front Burner, Graphic & Theme Customization by Little Eye. One tip is to add the dried cranberries near the end of the quinoa simmering to plump them up a bit. Add 3 cups of water, season with salt and bring to a boil. It is a great side dish in the summer too! Add the quinoa and toast over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. A few things to note about making this sweet potato quinoa salad: Only add dressing to what you plan on eating in the same day. Great idea, I put this over arugula to turn it into an entree salad. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Rinse the sweet potato and chop in small cubes (I like to leave the skin on but you can also peel the potato). Your email address will not be published. Preheat the oven to 400°. There is a fundamental flaw in this recipe. Begin by making the sweet potato and quinoa. Thank you for the recipe. 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice, 2 large Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2-inch dice, 8 packed cups baby greens, such as arugula or kale (about 6 ounces), Back to Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Apples. Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 25 minutes until golden. This was an absolute favorite! Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. containerEl: document.querySelector('#fd-form-5d77d725cb4d50000f51081c') Healthy is the name of the game with this Apple Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with crunchy apples and pecans, roasted sweet potatoes, dried cranberries and quinoa. 10 -12 Servings. But my favorite recipes are ones that kind of give you room to improv a bit depending on the mood of the day, and there’s definitely room for that here. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? Thanks Hi, I personally prefer it at room temperature but have had it both ways. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes olive oil kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup quinoa, toasted* and cooked according to package directions 6 oz. Think again! Preheat the oven to 400°. Print Recipe. Just for the fun of it, I kept track of my hours and by the time it was said and done, I had 42 in! That said, I did learn how to make quinoa palatable. Fluff the quinoa, spread it out on a baking sheet and refrigerate until it is chilled, about 20 minutes. This was the year we needed to repaint and stain our deck and it was a HUGE undertaking (ugh). 1/2 cup olive oil, divided 1 1/2 cups quinoa Salt and freshly ground pepper 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 2 large Granny Smith apples cut into 1/2-inch dice peel and cube up the sweet potato and toss in olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Required fields are marked *. Amazing salad! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning colors and the holidays are coming. It’s the perfect vegetarian side dish that you, your family and guests will enjoy. I cooked 11/2 cups of dry quinoa in 3 cups of broth and ended up with a huge bowl filled with the stuff! Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until soft and let cool. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. spring mix 1-2 fuji apples, diced 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced This can be served warm or cold. 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp maple syrup 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper Instructions. The photo shows a cup and a half of cooked quinoa, lovingly dispersed amongst all the other tasty tidbits. }); What a colorful side dish, and healthy, too! For this salad the potatoes are roasted, cooled, mixed with quinoa, apples and greens and tossed with an apple vinegar dressing for a satisfying lunch or serve it as a side for dinner. Now we can enjoy sitting on the deck and not think about it again for about another 8 years. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes flipping halfway. Would you recommend eating this cold or warm?.. Your email address will not be published. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring about every 5 minutes until lightly brown and soft, Meanwhile prepare quinoa (rinse well) then place cider and quinoa into a medium saucepan; bring to boil; turn to simmer then cover and cook about 15 minutes (toss your cranberries near the end of the cooking time), In a medium bowl add the slightly cooled quinoa, cranberries, sweet potatoes, apples, red onion and toss well. We enjoyed this salad freshly made (warm) but is also tastes good at room temperature or even cold the next day (maybe nestled on a bed of arugula). It just wouldn’t taste the same with sauteeing, boiling, frying, etc. Unfortunately, this sweet potato quinoa salad doesn’t sit … Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. You do not have to wait until the holidays to make this. https://www.foodandhome.co.za/recipes/quinoa-sweet-potato-and-apple-salad . I think I’ll make it again for a healthy, night-before-Thanksgiving dish, Looks delicious! Also, I roasted the pecans myself, and it added the perfect hearty, fall flavor to cut all the sweetness. Thanks and glad you liked it!! Then I roasted the granny smith apple chunks and diced red onion with the sweet potatoes. All Rights Reserved. Heidi R. Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Apples. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-sweet-potato-quinoa Roasting gets the edges get a little charred and the texture is crispy/tender. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the quinoa, sweet potatoes, apples, parsley, onion and greens and toss well. Ingredients. Screams fall, I'm all about it! This is definitely going on my Thanksgiving menu! Preheat the oven to 400°. I love the idea of roasting the apples! Ummm, I know what I'm making for Thanksgiving this year! 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 1/4, 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced 1/2, Toss the sweet potatoes with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread out onto a rimmed cookie sheet.

Modal Verb Perfect German, Dreamcast Arcade Stick Compatible Games, Is Camstudio Safe, Digital Reference Dri100, Red Lentil Dal With Vegetables, Gnat Meaning In Malayalam,