Flavorful! Quinoa is one of my favorite Super Foods of 2012. Thanks for sharing your fantastic recipe. Thank you so much! Then let stand for another 5 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Bring to boil covered. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I used lemon infused olive oil. salt and 2 cups cold water in a pan. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir mint, almonds, dried cranberries, kale, carrots, celery, scallion, grape tomatoes, lemon juice, and … I subbed spinach for the kale. Stir mint, almonds, dried cranberries, kale, carrots, celery, scallion, grape tomatoes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/.../quinoa-pilaf-cranberries-and-almonds Keeps well in the fridge too. Add the remaining ingredients. You saved Quinoa Salad with Mint, Almonds and Cranberries to your. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. If you are, try this recipe. Over med heat stir and toast almond slivers until golden. Both my husband and I enjoyed it but we weren't sure if it was a salad or main dish, or if it should be eaten hot or cold. Super healthy! I used Inca red quinoa and Roma tomatoes because that is what I had. Thank so you much Conner; your taste buds are right on the money! One serving of quinoa provides all 8 essential amino acids, … Continue reading "Quinoa Salad with Almonds, Cranberries and Mint" Are you tired of eating your leftover Thanksgiving meal? Wow! We ate this for dinner one night and used the remainder as a side dish the following night. I followed the recipe to a tee and will make this dish over and over again. Other Favorite Salads Similar to This Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries and Almonds. I used shredded carrots and cut the almonds in half. Easy to make with a lot of healthy ingredients. Add the quinoa and toast until quinoa begins to darken. So good! The combination of the minty mint and the sweet cranberries are so refreshing, just like a dip in the pool. Curried Quinoa Salad is a great dish for traveling, picnics, weekday lunch and even breakfast. Set aside to cool slightly. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Transfer the quinoa and almonds to a 2 quart sauce pan. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Over med heat stir and toast almond slivers until golden. It was a bit of trouble to cut up and add so many ingredients but well worth it. This is certainly one of my all-time favorite salads—high in both nutrition and flavor. There is approximately 5 ounces in a portion. It was super easy with lots of flavor. I added 1 Tbl spoon pine nuts and left out the salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until most of water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Very yummy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Quinoa with Toasted Almonds and Cranberries, from the back of the package. green apples, kale, almonds, dried cranberries, cooked quinoa and 5 more Roasted Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad Mogwai Soup lemon juice, honey, baby spinach, wheat berries, roasted red pepper and 14 more Back to Quinoa Salad with Mint, Almonds and Cranberries. The crunch from the almonds and carrots gave it that extra kick; I couldn't really taste the celery which is fine. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Great recipe! Add the remaining … Total Carbohydrate I chopped up all of the vegetables very small and it was delcious. This was very different and unusual. Mix quinoa, 1/4 tsp. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Flavonoids, important antioxidants, are found in cranberries and a flavonoid-rich diet may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Love the taste of mint and lemon together. I am impressed that someone so young has such a refined palate. I chopped the dried cranberries and celery. Makes me think that spring and summer are on their way! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Stir in olive oil; fluff quinoa with a fork. I had a lot of wonderful questions regarding this gluten-free grain. Info. Don't skip the lemon zest, the zest seemed to unify all the other ingredients. I thought it tasted the best when eaten at room temperature. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 13 minutes. 32.2 g It was delicious right after I made it and just as good cold as left overs. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It is fresh tasting and I liked the combo of mint cranberries and onion strangely enough. Quinoa Salad with Mint, Almonds and Cranberries, Congrats! To serve fluff gently. Add the quinoa and toast until quinoa begins to darken. My friend agreed. I talked a great deal about quinoa this weekend at my nutrition/healthy eating seminar including how to pronounce it, purchase it and cook it. Cover; bring to a boil. I have to admit, at first I wasn't too impressed but after the flavors had a chance to meld overnight --MMMMMmmmm!!! Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Transfer the quinoa and almonds to a 2 quart sauce pan. Cranberries have also been shown to prevent gastric ulcers. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 438 calories; protein 11.7g 23% DV; carbohydrates 51.7g 17% DV; fat 22.5g 35% DV; cholesterol 3mg 1% DV; sodium 667.7mg 27% DV. This was amazing! Cranberry Quinoa Salad is a healthy recipe that involves simple ingredients like fresh herbs, almonds, and feta cheese.

Jumper Forehead Thermometer Reviews, How To Make Hybrid Seeds Of Marigold, Scope Of Econometrics Wikipedia, Guacamole Recipe Jamie Oliver, Lamb Sausage Stew, Uc Application Deadline Spring 2021, Small Bay Shrimp Recipes, Liftmaster 02103l Wiring Diagram,