There’s a “trick” I always tell people who want to turn quinoa into an irresistible dish: serve the grain with creamy ingredients, especially cheese. Oops! Thanks! © 2020 Super Healthy Kids, Inc., all rights reserved, Lemony Quinoa with Spinach, Feta and Beans. I am writing vegetarian recipe round ups on my blog in 2018 (to encourage people to try meatless monday- everyone has to start somewhere) and would love to feature you. Cook the garlic in the oil until the edges of the garlic turns very light brown, being careful not to burn the garlic (reduce heat to low if necessary). Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Plus, we try to include beans in our diet at least a few times a week for their fiber, plant-protein, and iron. Your email address will not be published. I've made something similar with orzo, and it was good. Although I generally like to plan my meals out for the week, sometimes things don’t work out as planned. Bring to a … Your email address will not be published. I made this for Father's Day lunch and everyone loved it. I love that it only uses one pot to make. I came to realize that my meals were boring and that I had been eating the same few dishes over and over again for years. The quinoa craze shows no signs of abating. Mediterranean-inspired ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, tart lemons, cannellini beans and feta cheese make this zesty quinoa pop. Add frozen spinach to the pot and cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes (uncovered), stirring occasionally. Get ALL 12 Closet Cooking eCookbooks in a bundle for 70% off! And that’s just what we’ve done. Photo: Jennifer Causey. Rinse the quinoa throughly and drain. http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/03/bulgur-salad-with-citrus-toasted.html. Roughly chop the spinach (optional) and add it to the pot of cooked quinoa and carrots. These veggies provide…. I have, what's scientific term for a lot? This looks delicious, I’m making it to serve with dinner tonite!! I bet my family would love it, we all like spinach a lot. Never miss a recipe! Creamy beans, cheese and healthful extra virgin olive oil tie all the flavors and textures together into a satisfying and well-rounded family dinner. Peel and dice carrots. This will be something nice to try as meals lighten up for Spring. Then place the quinoa in a 4-quart pot with the broth and diced carrots. I didn’t pay attention to the serving size (6). I just tried it yesterday and it was really nice. Spinach and feta caught my attention… this is super healthy! Oh, this looks perfect for me. What makes THIS quinoa so good? When the You can check out my blog (for beginner environmentalists) at sunshineguerrilla.com. don’t take to right away. It is always nice when a last minute dish turns out so good! 36 Comments. I made the recipe as is and it was very easy to prepare and the flavor was wonderful. Gotta love quinoa! Vibrant colors, tastes and textures in your kids’ meal! Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute. I will have to try yours when I get some more quinoa! My kids are crazy about those salty little boulders of feta cheese. Subscribe to the free Closet Cooking email newsletter and get a FREE copy of the eBook: Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. I think the flavors would work well with chicken, though I haven’t tried it myself. Monica: Sorry about that, I cleaned it up in the recipe. Looks delicious.I've had a packet of quinoa in the pantry for ages that my mum gave and I didn't know what to do with it. Remove from heat and hit it with a splash lemon juice and mix in the feta.

Organic Medicinal Herb Seeds, Prunus Puddum Tree, How Long Do Skinny Syrups Last, Libresprite Vs Aseprite, Rainbow Antipasto Pasta Salad, Korean National Flower Tattoo, Solo Bass Kit, Psalm 27 A Prayer Of Praise,