No, you won’t get the same lush sound as a pair of U87s, but you will get an excellent drum sound that will make your drum tracks come to life. The mic shined when capturing loud sounds such as crowds, planes, water falls, vehicles, and even super loud firearms. Even if chocolate chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience. Best Use: Drum Overheads, Hi Hats, Snare, Percussion, Cymbals. The Rode NT5 matched pair of mics is a great solution for users on a much smaller budget. Rode NT5 MP Condenser Microphones for Drum Set, Matched Pair . They're small, light, compact and powerful. All rights reserved. About Lynn Fuston. To start, the Rode NT5 is Rode’s premier small diaphragm condenser pencil mic. However, not all microphones make the best overhead drum mics so to narrow them down to make choosing easier we have picked out and … I noticed a clean/clear, almost flat sounding response! The Shure SM-81 … By continuing to use our site, you accept our, © 2020 RØDE Microphones. Premium microphones and audio accessories for studio, live and location recording. Created by a large team of experts, so flaws are not overlooked. I have personally used this mic for overheads and it sounded great! RØDE makes amazing products and backs them with amazing service! Frequency Response 20 - 20000 Hz. I will never never film again without my Stereo VideoMic Pro! Best Overhead Drum Mics & Best Brands for Overhead Drum Mic In spite of the fact that a set of drums can make rather loud sounds, having a mic in the right place is required in certain situations. It can handle a massive 140db sound pressure level (that’s a fancy way to say it can deal with loud noises without distorting). We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. no annoying frequency hype to my ears. Microphones for Drums and Percussion at Europe's largest retailer of musical instruments - fast delivery, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee and 3-year Thomann warranty . It is compact, great sounding, and simply a no brainer. While being light, it [SVMP] is still a strong and well made product. I loved it! This bass drum mic is built like a tank, and it is able to endure significant abuse as well as deliver a punchy and studio-quality performance even at high sound pressure levels. RØDE designs and manufactures high quality microphones for studio, live and location recording and performance. This is a beautifully designed, easy to use piece of Australian audio engineering which faithfully captures ambient atmospheres. Well in this article I’m going to cover five of the best overhead drum mics you can get today.. As a bonus, I’ll also cover 3 MUST KNOW placement techniques and technical lingo to make sure you get the most bang for your buck with whichever mic you buy. New products, competitions, special offers and more in your inbox once a month. I think this product is a winner. The sound is a big improvement over the built-in mic on my Canon HF200 camcorder. AKG Pro Audio C414. Served with love! Both my drummer and I were unanimous that it [M1] had such a fuller punchier sound then the 57 on snare... Best mic I have heard on toms. So I congratulate RØDE and You personally, this is the first excellent experience with support teams I had. I was very impressed with the [RØDE University] video tutorials. Got these from BH Photo Video primarily for instrument stereo instrument miking; especially drums, so I use it for just that, and these mics gave me a wow the first time I used it. This includes personalizing content and advertising. Since it is configured in a fixed X/Y pattern, there are no phase issues between the two capsules, and it is very easy to get the right sound within minutes. The biggest problem with using only two room mics is… The kick drum, which is arguably the most important element of… Rode NT5 Condenser Microphones Matched Pair. The Cheapest Overhead Microphones for Drums. While there are many microphones on the market some are better aimed towards those who play the drums and wish to record them than others. Nickel body creates durability. I love my NT4 as a traditional drum overhead. Drum kits are loud and noisy and not the easiest of instruments to set up with microphones for recording. Behringer is … The smooth character... and the subtle low end boost it seems to have just gave the toms so much body, but did not detract at all from the nice snap of the skin. By continuing to use our site, you accept our, The RØDECaster Pro and PodMic - Complete Podcast Setup, Introducing the RØDECaster Pro - Podcast Production Studio, Introducing the RØDE AI-1 Studio Quality Audio Interface, © 2020 RØDE Microphones. RØDE has the best customer support of any AV manufacturer. My recommendation is the Rode NT1000 large diaphragm condensor for the overhead. This includes personalizing content and advertising. Ribbon mics are challenging on snare drums because of the proximity of other drums and their rear lobe, though a carefully positioned R-121 can give you lots of beef, either in conjunction with another mic or by itself. Win a RØDECaster Pro Podcasting Kit + Limited Edition Backpack! It is one of the favorites of audio engineers for vocals, guitars and of course drum overheads. Behringer C-2 Stereo Overhead Mics. The NT4 is a great solution for drum overheads where space is at a minimum. Great for indoor use.… - James McAlister (Drums, Sufjan Stevens). Premium microphones and audio accessories for studio, live and location recording. Excellent stereo imaging when used as drum overheads. It could very well be the very best mix of quality and value in the highly competitive mic market today. Beware of counterfeit goods. I've also had great results using it in close proximity to various percussion sources.

French Marigold Leaves, How To Make Potassium Nitrate From Soil, Pantry Moth Traps Ace Hardware, Lia Cook Work, Color By Number Online Printable, Spiridon Cage 2,