I do broadcast and video production projects. I placed them on extra tall stands to get them over the front row of performers. Using the NT5 to get great quality live sound is simply amazing. The matched pair of Rode NT5's is AWESOME!!! Rode is a manufacturer of high-end microphones that have been studio staples for many years. What a great set of mic's. My advice, if you want some air and a lot of high-end crisp, go with these babies. also, i used these in this coolio 2 mic drum micing method where they are both above n behind with one pointed straight down at the snare and the other over the opposite shoulder aimed at the kick drum beater... all the other drums and cymbals are picked up by just 2 mics and they r all there. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. The Rode NT5 is a small diaphragm condenser mic. Now I just have to be sure I don't need a fire in the fireplace when I want to record! I also use them individually in the studio for music work, and they are very pleasing to the ear. I've always had kind of a boomy, boxy sound when recording finger style on my acoustic. Big warm sound - no thinness in the upper frequencies when gain is pushed. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. These mic's are great for drum over heads as well and I also use them for acoustic guitar. I run the sound system for our High School Choir. Great mix and true acoustic sound for the background instruments and voices. And, with additional experimenting with placement and audio software I am sure these 2 mics will be all that I need, be it recording myself for a learning tool, or making a demo later on this winter. Get Directions | Years ago I owned a pair of these. The mics excelled when it came to the overheads, and when I say excelled, I really do mean they were stunning. They sound awesome for the price range, and are arguably some of the most robust small diaphragm condensers around too. The extremely flat frequency response has just a little dip in the low frequencies with small bumps in the presence range, making them great all-around mics for anything from acoustic guitars to violin. I used the NT5 pair as durm overheads at a concert I was working. I had to take my headphones on and off several times just to establish what was recorded was different than the sound going on out. I’m sure that you will be every bit as pleased with the results. The NT5 is RØDE's premier small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. They definitely have capture the full range on things like These are tremendous for the price. I use these for live stereo field-recording and in the studio to mic my Martin D-28. I just finished a choir recording, and I have never enter into that world, so to speak... but it came off crystal clear for me. To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. This item is covered with a one year warranty from Sam Ash The NT5 matched pairs are a masterpiece of small-diaphragm cardioid-condenser microphone design.Intended for recording acoustic … try it!! A big thumbs up on the sound quality of these two little gems. Excellent recommendations from the Sweetwater staff. I know ya do) Try for yourself. You can also call us toll free at (800) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and Sat 9-7 Eastern. Another option is the Beyer M930, roughly the same price as the Josephson and Rode. The HiHat shimmers and the snare punches. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. And the NT5's transients don't seem as fast, meaning you can compress them easier (the SP mics are just too icepicky). Against the SP 604, the NT5 have a fuller everything. I love them! Great for acoustic guitars. I bought these mics for choral recording as well as instrument recording and I'm very glad I did. I used them on a live choral tour I recorded. I tried them on piano as well, but wasn't as impressed. I use these primarily as piano mics, and their range and fullness is simply amazing for small diaphragm condensers, in both studio and live applications. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. They hold their own against other acclaimed, more expensive SDC's. I was very impressed with these low-cost microphones. I was really pleased to find that although I had inadvertenly routed the overhead signal to the drum monitor speaker, I had no hint of feedback. I bought the matched pair so I could mic my harp in the upper and lower registers...after several different placements, I think I found where they will not only pick up some ambient sound but articulation as well. Thank you for your request. Compared to the MXL 603, the NT5 have a much more detailed bottom, and a much richer sound from about 900-3k (the MXL seems scooped in comp). Granted, I have a rad DigiMax Pre-Amp, but I think these mics give me great sounds. Learn More. He recommended a matched pair of the Rode NT5's. So much so, that they picked up my crackling fire in my fireplace, and some "creaking" in my log home...a great distance from where I play my harp...But, to top THIS off, they picked up the sound of my "spinner" ring around my wedding band!! This is the best price on a matched pair of pro grade condenser microphones by far. With much trepidation I purchased a matched pair. Sweetwater Sound Fingerpicking and strumming sound excellent. Some people say the high end is a little harsh on these, but I honestly couldn't tell. Great for overheads. As predicted, both the NT4 and the NT5 sound subjectively identical when a pair of NT5s are used coincidently, and the overall impression is of effortless neutrality. These are simply a steal at their current price. That isn't to say that they didn't accurately replicate the recording, I just wanted to go with something a little bit darker. They pick up everything. However, I wasn't pleased with the results on the guitar or vocals. If, however, you're looking for a darker sound, but still want to retain your clarity I'd go with a pair of mk-012's or something similar. These mics pick up very well in front of them and don't pick up noise behind them. I find myself using the NT5s more than I would have ever imagined, and loving the results. I love the fact that they aren't made in China. I don't like the Rode mics myself, I don't think they sound particularly "natural" for acoustic instruments, but it all depends on what sound yer going for. Best Bag for your buck on Small Condenser(s). Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! I was very unahppy with the sound and have since sold it. I've used these on acoustic guitar, overheads, and I tried one once on a female vocalist. Show choir is particularly difficult, as you have a lot of movement, with varying abilities. I used them to record an in-home piano recital where I wasn't able to place the microphones optimally (I didn't want guests to bump into mic stands).

Sinks Of Ozone, Liftmaster 8365w-267 Review, Martin Lx1 Vs Taylor Gs Mini, Cuisinart Cpm-100mr Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Malco Folding Tool, Denon Avr-s960h Reddit, Ron Suskind Parents, Is Online Gambling Legal In Ny, Christopher Noland Salon Quinn, Salad With Creamy Balsamic Dressing,