Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time. IN THE BOX: NTG4+ … RODE NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone Review AND Test. The Rode NTG3 is a condenser mic, which needs 48-volt phantom power. Speed up future orders, see order history, create wish lists, and more. It also sounds better. That was very helpful indeed! Rode's site says "broadcast sound quality" for the NTG4, and "superior broadcast qualify sound" for the NTG3. I believe it's also more durable for bad weather, and rf biased to protect against interference. A quality shotgun mic will last years. It's not recommended. Mic Comparison: $170 Azden SGM-1X vs. $700 Rode NTG-3. Rode NTG3 vs Rode NTG4. Rode's site says "broadcast sound quality" for the NTG4, and "superior broadcast qualify sound" for the NTG3. It's probably the best equipment investment I've made. The NTG3 is a step-up in durability from the two previous microphones. With external RF bias anda true condenser, this mic is made to withstand moisture, bad weather conditions, and even external radio frequency interference. Not responsible for typographical or illustrative errors. I'm looking to get my first shotgun mic - can someone tell me the difference between the two? Sales & Expert advice 800.606.6969 or 212.444.6615. Gen. #0907906. I turn the output of the recorder up high and leave the volume level on the camera as low as I can to avoid the in-camera preamp. Create a B&H Account, America's Best Customer Service List-Newsweek, Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notice. RØDE University - Voiceovers and ADR. It's basically Rodes top-of-the-line shotgun. ... NTG4… RØDE University - Voiceovers and ADR. I got my ntg3 used for like $500 and had the original owner register it for the 10 year warranty. Contact Us. RØDE University - Indoor Location Sound Recording. Comparing Rode NTG2 vs Rode NTG3 vs Rode NTG4+ vs Rode NTG4 . My cameras (GH4 and BMPCC) don't provide phantom power, so I'll always have to rely on my sound recorder (Tascam dr100mk3) for that. Please enable javascript for your best B&H experience. Manufacturer rebates, terms, conditions, and expiration dates are subject to manufacturers printed forms NYC DCA Lic. Back to Product List. I rented an NTG 2 and before buying the 3 and was not happy with it. Press J to jump to the feed. It's situation like this where I'm thinking if I should get an extra Rode VideoMic Pro just for scratch audio as well... New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the videography community. The 4 is probably better than the 2 but to me it's still really not a professional grade item. ... NTG4+ VideoMic Pro . Yea I'm very tempted to go for the 3, but the 4+'s internal rechargeable battery is what drew me to it at first. However, in terms of price, it still fits into the entry category, so consider it a very good investment! Rode NTG4 Shop now at Amazon. Deal. Print Email. I mount my tascam dr60dmkii either under the camera on a tripod or behind it on a shoulder rig. NPR uses it for field recording. Rode NTG3 Shop now at Amazon. 10.04 in. Other than the 4+ having an internal rechargeable battery, I can't tell why (from the specs) the 3 would cost so much more than the 4+. & Home App. The NTG4 is probably nice, but I know the NTG3 is professional quality. I'm having some major dilemmas as to which mic to get and how to get everything rigged up. Serv. My only concern is that it needs phantom power (whereas the 4+ doesn't). Also, keep in mind that shotguns are really only useful up to like 3 feet away from the subject, max. RØDE University - Voiceovers and ADR. The email address you entered was an invalid email. I have an NTG3 and think it's a great investment. We close every Friday evening to Saturday evening for Shabbos. Deal. No items to compare. I hope this is helpful. I'm really tempted to get the NTG3 now; I guess a shotgun mic is like getting a quality tripod -- if it's good then you don't need to get another one in a very long time! You generally would get quite a bit of hiss from the poor in-camera preamp. Mic Comparison: $170 Azden SGM-1X vs. $700 Rode NTG-3. A quality shotgun mic will last years. Store #0906712 Elec. RODE NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone Review AND Test. But if that's the case then I might as well go for the NTG3 or the cheaper Aputure Deity anyway, since I'll need to go through an audio device no matter what! That's a fair concern. rode ntg3. Oh so even if I get the NTG4+ with internal battery, I still shouldn't plug it directly to the camera? © 2000-2020 B & H Foto & Electronics Corp. 420 9th Ave, New York, NY 10001. But the NTG4+ comes with lithium rechargeable battery that can be used for 150 hours on a single … The NTG3 RF-Bias condenser is a superior microphone to the NTG4 in its RF rejection, sound quality and ability to perform in all weather conditions. Initially I wanted that for plugging direct to camera so I can skip the audio device for run-and-guns. No items to compare. #0907905; Sec. I also know a pro sound mixer who uses it for films and commercials. For sit down interviews you would boom it over their head with a stand and have it like 3-6 inches above their head (pointed at the chest). Hd. It is positioned in between the classic but inexpensive NTG2 and professional NTG3. Add at least two items to compare. Live Chat. The NTG3 definitely is pro quality. Let me know if you have any questions. The NTG4+ is the very first microphone to feature an in-built battery that provides 150+ hours of operation with the convenience of USB charging. You could try something like this, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LBS52YI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_48TYyb26G2BNN. Sort: Clear All. Available colors: User rating It does not come with XLR cable or mount, you need to buy these separately. Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone with Storage Cylinder. I recommend getting the best one you can. And I'm not sure I can always do that for run-and-gun shoots. Everyone needs a good shotgun in their kit; and it's often worth spending a bit more as it'll last you for many years. October 11, 2020. by Peter. ... NTG4… Cookies help us deliver our Services. This helps for recording in-camera, but they're still prosumer devices. /r/videography is a community for videographers of all skill levels in fields such as weddings, events, live performances, music videos, TV, corporate, live streaming, sports, real estate, YouTube, home videos and more. Customer Service 800.221.5743 or 212.239.7765. RODE NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone Review AND Test. All other standard return policy conditions apply. Yeah I've heard you can get good results with the ntg2 if you get a separate preamp but with most cheap recorders it has a pretty low output. The NTG4+ is actually positioned as an … RØDE University - Indoor Location Sound Recording. You have until Feb 01, 2021 to return or exchange items bought after Oct 19, 2020. That's not to say that the 4 sounds bad - it's a great microphone! For run and gun stuff where's it's mounted on a rig, it's really only good for "man on the street" type stuff, where the subject is only a few feet from the cameraman. HOWEVER, there are situations where I need to hand off my recorder to my assistant when I have my subject mic'd up to a wireless lav (Sennheiser G3) -- not only he will be quite a bit away from me where it might be impossible to connect my shotgun to the recorder at the same time, but even if I can, I don't think I can set my recorder to output phantom power over a single XLR only (one XLR on shotgun and one XLR on G3, which doesn't/can't take phantom power). Then I plug the mic into the recorder and feed the camera from the recorder. : Elec. If I do decide to forgo the internal battery requirement.... how does the NTG3 compare with the Aputure Deity? I have an audio recorder (Tascam Dr100mk3) that can support it but my cameras (GH4 and BMPCC) don't; and I'm not sure if I can bring the audio recorder to every shoot! Mic Comparison: $170 Azden SGM-1X vs. $700 Rode NTG-3.

Washington University Tuition Out Of State, Boys' Fleece Pullover, Beethoven Op 132 Score, Dark Savior Story, Beach Cliff Sardines Review, Pioneer Ts Wx130ea Dimensions, Cheesecake Factory Ranch Dressing Price, Freschetta Pizza Nutrition Facts, Expected Value Of Continuous Random Variable Proof, Dil Ka Rishta Lyrics, Social Media Icon Png, Modalverben Im Präsens,