From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. After the salmon cooked it came together pretty quick. If you’re using an egg, … Good recipe. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Scoop mixture 1/3 cup at a time creating 8 equal portions. This can also be done in a 3 batches in quick bursts in a food processor. Our 19 y/o comes home from college and begs to make them. I used canned and everything turned out fine. 1/4-inch pieces). Using wet hands, shape salmon mixture into 4 equal balls. Would have given this 4.5 stars if I could, but fell just shy of 5 stars. Incredible! Add salmon; stir gently just until combined. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry the salmon patties until golden brown, about 4 … I will definitely make this again!! Delicious way to change up salmon! Step 1 Combine 1/3 cup panko and next 10 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl, stirring well. Perfectly golden brown and brimming with fresh flavor! Loved this recipe. These are so good they really don’t need anything extra but if you prefer you can try them with one of these: Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Uses Penzy,s Chesapeake seasoning. Shape into 2 ounce patties; about 7 or 8 patties. I will never use canned salmon again even if fresh is $10.99/lb. Thank you for sharing it. Very tasty! I thought this recipe was outstanding. Gently flatten balls to form 4 (4-inch) patties. Place remaining 1/3 cup panko in a shallow dish. The egg, panko and mayo will bind it all together better. Our favorite way to serve these is with a poached egg on top, a side of asparagus, and topped with hollandaise sauce. Needed more panko to hold together. Delicious!! I guess I'll be going to the trouble of making it, even though I tend to avoid recipes with 12 ingredients. Mix together your coconut milk and vinegar and set aside for five minutes. Plan on 1 - 2 patties per person depending on how much people love salmon, nutrition estimate is per patty. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce. Thai Salmon Patties Recipe. Place remaining 1/3 cup panko in a shallow … Served it with some piquant sauce. These are perfectly seasoned with fresh herbs, lemon zest and dijon and they have just enough fat to keep them tender. My guy LOVED them and said even his mother didn't make them this good! Mustard sauce (mix 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup mayo, 1 Tbsp lemon, 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon and 2 tsp fresh dill), Steamed vegetables such as asparagus or green beans. These aren’t as easy as some versions you may find with canned salmon but I’m telling you it is well worth the extra step of chopping up and using fresh salmon! These were the best salmon cakes I have ever made. Perfectly crisp on the outside and deliciously tender and flaky on the inside! I put sea salt & fresh ground pepper in the salmon & broiled for about 15 minutes (I had a little over a pound) and I didn't add additional salt and pepper in the salmon mixture. Served with a little dipping sauce (although I don't think one was necessary) called "Comeback Sauce". In a large mixing bowl stir together 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, parsley, green onions, garlic, mayonnaise, lemon zest, dijon mustard, old bay seasoning, egg yolk, 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste) and 1/4 tsp pepper… Who can resist a freshly pan fried salmon patty? Had no problems with everything staying together. Love to hear they were enjoyed! This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy. Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, 2 tsp. 5 stars for impressing my hubby so much -- and me, too. I specifically was looking for a recipe to "doctor up" canned salmon which, though economical, does need a little help. Salmon Patties – perfectly crisp on the outside and deliciously tender and flaky on the inside! You can squeeze it out with your hands or press it through a colander. If you use canned or pre-cooked salmon then you’ll end up with overcooked salmon that’s not as tender and flaky. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce. Carefully flip and continue to cook until second side is golden brown and patties are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. As with a lot of CL recipes, one cake wasn't really enough. … If you love salmon be sure to try this recipe, it does not disappoint! MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. I was a bit skeptical, but I was pleasantly surprised! Pour 3 Tbsp oil into a large non-stick skillet. Didn't have a problem holding together at all. The family was intrigued with the meal based on the wonderful smell coming from the kitchen as the salmon cakes were cooking. Press and shape portions into 3-inch patties then coat and gently press into panko, coating both sides. Carefully flip and continue to cook until second side is golden brown and patties are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. They came out very moist and delicious. But, I like to add celery (for the crunch) and the zest of the lemon to elevate the lemony flavor! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe was excellent! Let drain on paper towels then repeat with repeat process with remaining four salmon patties. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Will definitely make again. Nice blend of flavors. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour remaining 3/4 cup panko into a shallow dish. It was so good. I followed the recipe as written with the exception of using canned salmon. Sorry grandma. They look and taste amazing and the use of spice is first-rate! Update: I've had several readers mention that canned salmon worked well for them so just use whichever you prefer. He said these salmon cakes were the best he's had in his entire life. The Best Canned Salmon And Eggs Recipes on Yummly | Crispy Salmon Croquettes, Lemon Jalapeno Salmon Cakes, Heart-healthy Salmon Patties - For A Quick Lunch Or Dinner Learn how your comment data is processed. And the panko bread crumbs, mayonnaise and egg yolks help hold it all together. Thanks for the feedback. I prepared these fabulous salmon patties last evening with only one change to the original recipe - I added a bag of steamed spinach (chopped) to the mixture. This method gives the perfect end result. Old Bay is a bit overwhelming. I definitely think it’s best too. Coat balls in panko. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Hubby thought they were the best salmon cakes I have ever made. I have always used fresh salmon as opposed to the canned, but I have never used it uncooked. My husband loves salmon cakes. If it's too dry, I add more mayo. The use of fresh Wild Alaskan Salmon filet was worth every penny! No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. We love these salmon cakes. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Glad you liked it with the fresh salmon! By the way, my thought is that fresh or frozen salmon fillets can stand up on their own, needing very little help. Hint: after forming the patties, I covered them and chilled them for about 30 minutes before breading and frying — helped them hold their shape. Using a sharp knife coarsely chop salmon to a sausage like texture (approx. Info. For sides, roasted zucchini, squash, red onion; and a side salad. While salmon cakes are inherently different from a traditionally prepared filet, the same principles apply: layering different flavors to accompany and complement the taste of the fish.Aside from the salmon itself, these cakes get their structure from the incorporation of breadcrumbs and eggs.

Tuborg Gold Beer Near Me, Lamentations Commentary Pdf, What Is The Focal Length Of A Mirror, Tostitos Queso Blanco, Texas Walnut Tree, Piononos Strawberry Pavlova,